Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers)

Well they added 51 transfers last season and had the #1 transfer class.

Either their roster is fucked because of the transfers they've signed or they're prepared to dip heavily into the portal again.

Too gun shy to call Sander's a failure just yet. His method would have me shitting bricks in Boulder but it's the perfect flip-side case to compare against Rhule's moving forward.
Sure, but now he is losing assistants just as quickly as he was with players a year ago. No quality, college assistant is going to take a job there after what he did to his OC mid season and seeing guys like Tim Brewster jump ship FAsT to lesser program/job. Good luck trying to replicate that portal success when you don’t have a whole lot of coaches who have played the portal game and have connections. I think what’s going on with his coaches leaving is a huge red flag and sign that something is rotten.

Sure, but now he is losing assistants just as quickly as he was with players a year ago. No quality, college assistant is going to take a job there after what he did to his OC mid season and seeing guys like Tim Brewster jump ship FAsT to lesser program/job. Good luck trying to replicate that portal success when you don’t have a whole lot of coaches who have played the portal game and have connections. I think what’s going on with his coaches leaving is a huge red flag and sign that something is rotten.
That's what historical knowledge and logic would tell you.

I'm just going to hold off until this goose is good and cooked.

Well they added 51 transfers last season and had the #1 transfer class.
One thing about that though: if you take Travis Hunter, Shadildo and the other Sanders out that transfer class suddenly isn't as good. It did have some good players still, just isn't as transcendant w/o those 3.

Deion is not going to have the luxury of getting 3 players that good every year THAT EASILY (2 are his sons, 3rd is essentially family). It kind of amazes me that people don't bring that up every time.

Unless Deion has more sons that are 1st round NFL QBs and more 5* WR/DBs he's a personal mentor to, it would seem difficult to replicate that class every year.

One thing about that though: if you take Travis Hunter, Shadildo and the other Sanders out that transfer class suddenly isn't as good. It did have some good players still, just isn't as transcendant w/o those 3.

Deion is not going to have the luxury of getting 3 players that good every year THAT EASILY (2 are his sons, 3rd is essentially family). It kind of amazes me that people don't bring that up every time.

Unless Deion has more sons that are 1st round NFL QBs and more 5* WR/DBs he's a personal mentor to, it would seem difficult to replicate that class every year.
Roflcoptersaurus

I do know about Nebraska sports, but at this time of the year I'm fueled by hope.

Don't see 1 happening, especially as assistants are leaving, they are the ones that did the dirty work getting players to transfer there last year. He's got half of a staff right now.

2 is possible.
3 is possible.
4, I think could really come into play. Sanders can see the amount of work that needs to be done, Shilo and Sheduer declare for the draft and Deion resigns for medical reasons.

I mean the OL sucked last year, but they have lost 4 of the 5 starters, 2 which could have come back. Their roster is in real bad shape.
Good points.

I think #4 is unlikely for the following reasons:
  1. If he quit now it would be a stain on his reputation (Deion is all about image & marketability)
  2. Shadildo is not in great position for NFL (still has flaws)
  3. Travis Hunter has to play 1 more yr in CFB
  4. Shilo Sanders not in good position for NFL
  5. Another yr, another $4m from CU
  6. Another yr, another $1-3m NIL for his sons
  7. Deion is doing all major media like he's going to be back in 2024
I think 2025 it's very clear he won't be there. But I can't see him leaving before 2024 season. That would be bad for everyone involved, mainly Deion.

Girl Fire GIF by MOODMAN

Good points.

I think #4 is unlikely for the following reasons:
  1. If he quit now it would be a stain on his reputation (Deion is all about image & marketability)
  2. Shadildo is not in great position for NFL (still has flaws)
  3. Travis Hunter has to play 1 more yr in CFB
  4. Shilo Sanders not in good position for NFL
  5. Another yr, another $4m from CU
  6. Another yr, another $1-3m NIL for his sons
  7. Deion is doing all major media like he's going to be back in 2024
I think 2025 it's very clear he won't be there. But I can't see him leaving before 2024 season. That would be bad for everyone involved, mainly Deion.
1. Medical excuse is his ticket out
2. I agree, but looking at draft rankings, might be as high as he can get
3. Yeah
4. Shilo isn't playing in the NFL, just not good enough
5. Yeah
6. Yeah
7. He would do that until the "I have to take care of myself" press conference.

But yeah, I thought after 2024 would be his last season there, but the wheels on the cart are falling off quick, just don't know if he wants to put the work in to get it going.

Im having a hard time believing that Dieon can get enough talent out of the portal to improve his team
Exactly. I'm sure he will pick up a piece or too. But he has already lost so much and has so many holes to fill (that's what she said!). And Colorado doesn't have the NIL funds to get what they need. Again...maybe a piece or two. But for all of these guys to flood to Colorado simply because of Prime, especially after looking like dog shit for the majority of the season and half a coaching staff, is simply unrealistic.

I’m not ready to discount his cache or connections just yet.

Things are trending in the right direction though.

Pretty interesting listen if you have the time. Whitlock interviews 2 former CU players to talk about their experience w/ Deion. Both were holders from the previous coaching staff. It's not really surprising any of this stuff but Deion is honestly a huge slimeball. Zero class at all

Player interviews start at 56:00

Interview highlights / bullet points:
  1. Deion no-showed his first 3 weekly team meetings. Had entire team in meeting auditorium & they just sat there for 1 hr each time. Then an assistant coach came in at the end and said "yeah, he's uh not coming, you guys can go"
  2. Assistant coaches were afraid to cover during the no-show meetings for fear of "disrespecting" Deion
  3. Deion would not acknowledge holdover players even if you were w him 1-on-1 in an elevator. He would not look up from his cell phone even when addressed directly by the player. But Deion would hug, high 5 and dap up players he recruited like they were family
  4. When they cut 50 holdover players, Deion and staff purposefully avoided telling all 50 players that the school would still honor their academic financial aid. So everyone rushed to the portal with no place to go. 3 players knew the rules and knew CU had to honor their academic financial aid so they stayed. Other 47 did not so they rushed to the portal w no place to go and many got screwed over.
  5. Deion made it a rule that he would not meet any parents when they visited Boulder and he forbid the position coaches from meeting parents (one kid said this)
  6. Deion had a red carpet outside his 5th floor private office & it had a sign that said no shoes allowed (he's since removed the carpet)
  7. Deion's office had a sign out front that said "were you ASKED to be here?". You were not allowed to visit Deion's office or knock on his door unless you were invited or asked to be there.

Last edited:

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back