Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

#2ndChoice to Wisconsin Confirmed (1 Viewer)

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah I like them both equally. They both seem like the type that is made for the Big ten. Time will tell who is better. I’m just as happy with Rhule as I would have been with #2ndChoice. Rhule seems slightly better suited for us based on the need to totally rebuild and his history of doing so.
This basically sums up my feelings as well.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
#2ndChoice did put a fair amount of players in the pros too if I remember right. I personally think he will do a good job there.
Yeah he has. #2ndChoice has been the splash hire for 2 years now. He’d be at ND if Marcus Freeman wasn’t a superstar. Just can’t believe Wiscy is going to get him

DennyCrane

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Rhule > #2ndChoice is tater take of the century. This aint 2019

I disagree. Nobody can know before either of them coach a game who will fare better. Hell, argument can be made Leipold could be better than both. Did you see how his team competed against KSU last night with far less talent and having bad breaks?

There is a fine line between success and failure at this level. My opinion is that Turd could have probably landed LF if he wanted to. He went with Rhule. I would assume he felt Rhule is a better fit for whatever reason. And based on contract numbers, I don’t think money was an issue.

Bottom line: B1G is big boy football. There are 2 power conferences, we are in 1 of them and our program has resources, fan support and facilities to compete. Embrace the challenge and be thankful we aren’t on the outside looking in.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Baylor going 2-7 after he left kind of makes the point that he was doing his job. They kept the same QB and whatnot and still fell off.

I disagree it's a bigger splash. Rhule is a hell of a splash. The only thing about it that's bigger is that people didn't think he would leave for anything but OSU. Otherwise it's 6 of one and half a dozen of another.
We got a 4 minute interview on Gameday and bottom page headline on ESPN. They will talk about #2ndChoice for days

RedSeaRising

Commissioner
Elite Member
tPB OG
We got a 4 minute interview on Gameday and bottom page headline on ESPN. They will talk about #2ndChoice for days
So then is your evidence to support your claim that #2ndChoice is the better hire based solely on a better record with a G5 school and that you are predicting that the media will be more interested in discussing the hire?

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Neither one is obviously better than the other. Anyone having a meltdown over them getting #2ndChoice instead of us is being dumb.

This certainly tells you we could’ve had #2ndChoice (as has been suggested on this board). We chose. You can’t have both.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
We’ll see what Herbstreit and the other national guys have to say when they give their coaching hire grades.

I follow college football too religiously to trick myself into thinking 2022 Matt Rhule is a better hire than 2022 Luke #2ndChoice.

11husker23

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

Come here Jimmy…
Hugging Reaction GIF

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
So then is your evidence to support your claim that #2ndChoice is the better hire based solely on a better record with a G5 school and that you are predicting that the media will be more interested in discussing the hire?
National relevance matters. Maybe not to fans but to recruits and players yes.

DennyCrane

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
He probably would have came here if Rhule wasn’t our man I’m guessing.

This. Very naive to believe Nebraska couldn’t have landed #2ndChoice if they wanted him. Likely will never know why Turd chose to pursue one over the other. I know it couldn’t have been money because #2ndChoice’s deal will not be substantially better than Rhule’s-and could very well be less.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
This. Very naive to believe Nebraska couldn’t have landed #2ndChoice if they wanted him. Likely will never know why Turd chose to pursue one over the other. I know it couldn’t have been money because #2ndChoice’s deal will not be substantially better than Rhule’s-and could very well be less.
I was told the day that Rhule and Nebraska agreed on the contract that the CSA had #2ndChoice prepared to begin negotiations if the Panthers blew it up

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds