Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

NBA Playoffs 2024 (1 Viewer)

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
The Denver and LA game Monday night was great. Watching LeBron lose that game was awesome.
Game was unreal. Total collapse by LAL.

Curious if Miami or NOP can make it close tonight against Boston and OKC respectively

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member

Absolutely ridiculous game. The Nuggets are inevitable.

Lakers are so poorly coached. Also they have an absolute idiot of a GM.

They didn't hire Ty Lue 5 years ago over a couple Mil and one extra year of contract. Lue is a top 5 coach in the league.

Lakers management is bad. Has been bad since good Dr Buss passed. Yet they still have 3 Blings since he passed. The franchise has some inherent advantages to drawing top players. But bad management can still fuck that up, and they have for 4 years running now.

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
LeBron was absolutely not the reason the Lakers lost this series.. he was the best player in purple and gold.

DeAngelo Russell on the other hand better get ready to learn Charlotte Hornets buddy. That guy lost them the series.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
LeBron was absolutely not the reason the Lakers lost this series.. he was the best player in purple and gold.

DeAngelo Russell on the other hand better get ready to learn Charlotte Hornets buddy. That guy lost them the series.
Feels like LA will go for some distressed asset like Zach Lavine or Trae Young in the hopes it'll be different for reasons

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member

D-Wade was a first ballot hall of famer drafted in the same season as LeBron. He last scored 22+ PPG in a season 13 years ago. Doing what Lebron did in this series at 39 is absolutely insane and criticism of him in this series is the biggest "I don't know ball" admission I can think of.

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member

WTF? I watched that clip about 30 times and can't see where any injury would have occurred. I don't watch a ton of NBA, so is AD a flopper like LeBron is where he's constantly going full on soccer mode and pretending like both his legs are broken, when in reality he got his foot stepped on?

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
WTF? I watched that clip about 30 times and can't see where any injury would have occurred. I don't watch a ton of NBA, so is AD a flopper like LeBron is where he's constantly going full on soccer mode and pretending like both his legs are broken, when in reality he got his foot stepped on?
Probably a pinched nerve or stinger. Dude was clearly injured/limited the entire game after that play

Fitzjess21

Cornerback
Elite Member
D-Wade was a first ballot hall of famer drafted in the same season as LeBron. He last scored 22+ PPG in a season 13 years ago. Doing what Lebron did in this series at 39 is absolutely insane and criticism of him in this series is the biggest "I don't know ball" admission I can think of.
When LeBron went bully mode the Nuggets couldn't stop him. The problem is he's almost 40 and has played for 20+ years. His body can't do that for 48 minutes anymore.
I don't care for LeBron antics, but I'm also 39 years old and pulled my groin laying some flooring. So I really appreciate what he's doing at this age. The NBA is a young man's game and only a few have been able to play as long as he has.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
When LeBron went bully mode the Nuggets couldn't stop him. The problem is he's almost 40 and has played for 20+ years. His body can't do that for 48 minutes anymore.
I don't care for LeBron antics, but I'm also 39 years old and pulled my groin laying some flooring. So I really appreciate what he's doing at this age. The NBA is a young man's game and only a few have been able to play as long as he has.

For sure, 2024 Lebron is not dragging JR Smith to the finals. Lebron averaged 28-7-9 in the series though. Playoffs are all about roleplayer/bench play and D-Lo, Rui, and Reeves took their turns on the milk carton w/ pretty much no bench support to speak of. Doesn't help that they were going against the best player on the planet.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
I don't necessarily think he "flops" a lot, but he is probably one of the softest bigs to ever play the game. The smallest inconvenience and he is out for 2 weeks...

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
This new wave of stars in the NBA is fun to watch. Clippers are the only vet team that is still fighting. But Ant with the Wolves is a monster. SGA with OKC and Haliburton with the Pacers might be the most underrated stars in the league (SGA is on another level than Haliburton...). Luka is still young and raising. Giannis and Embiid are about to get sent packing. No more Steph. No more Durant. No more Lebron. Its a new era...

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds