Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2023 Fall Camp Thread

Hungry Food GIF

If this is another serious injury don't you hang it up at that point?
At least he's doing us a favor this time and flaming out early so we can get someone else ready.

I'm hoping it's nothing, but this guy absolutely needs every minute of camp he can get considering he's basically played next to no football for 2 years. He totally sucked last year before he got hurt.

Might be time to just move on from China Doll Teddy if he really is injured again. First fucking day....JFC

(This is me being bitter and jaded at the first sign of adversity since we have sucked cow balls for 2 decades now)

Matt Rhule offered some roster news after Monday's first fall camp practice, while also addressing the resignation of Bob Wager and the hire he made to replace him.

"I'm really grateful for him and the time he spent here," Rhule said. "Unfortunate situation. I know he took responsibility for it and I appreciate him for doing that. Not a lot of men would have handled it the way he did. I don't judge people by their tough moments, or worst moments. I always judge them by how they respond. I appreciate him. And I'm thankful for him. It was a short time but he brought some recruits here, he brought some of his kids here so I appreciate him and and wish him and his family the best."

Wager's replacement, Josh Martin, had his first practice as a full-time Husker tight ends coach after arriving here as a special teams analyst.

Rhule could also now replace that analyst position Martin held, though he doesn't want to rush that decision, although there are internal options. Martin can continue to help with special teams in addition to working with the tight ends.

"Ed (Foley) has been doing this a long time and now he actually has Josh helping him on the field, so it's a little bit of a blessing in terms of special teams-wise, whereas Josh before couldn't talk. Now he's able to be out there and coach the punt team with Ed."

When Rhule first hired Martin, one of the analytics companies sent him a message to it being a great hire given Martin's time at SMU and Arizona State.

"And we've just been nothing but impressed with Josh since then," Rhule said. "We've had Christian Ellsworth in that room and Christian is a really talented young coach. But Josh has done it. He's done it two places. He's had guys go on to the NFL and I went and watched his (individual drills) today with the young guys and you can tell he's been coaching a long time.

"Our whole plan in kind of building the staff ... was having a bunch of guys waiting in the wings so as guys have opportunities and move on, we're fortunately in a situation like this we have guys here. We don't have to go out and hire someone new. We can go out and hire guys within the organiziation that know our systems and understand our way of life."

Some roster personnel notes:

– Safety Myles Farmer was suspended at the end of summer, Rhule said.

"Just for simple things. Nothing major. Just sort of our standards and was not a member of the 120 (fall camp roster) so we'll wait and see how that plays out."

Rhule said it's "day by day" regarding Farmer and any possible return for the defensive back who has started 16 games, including 11 last season.

"I love Myles. He's a competitive kid. It's so hard when you have a new coach, right? And they have different standards than you're used to. So I get that. We've been patient with a lot of guys. We'll see what happens with Myles. The ball's in his court and we'd love him to be here. Whatever he wants to do, I respect him as man. So whatever he decides, I understand."

– Defensive lineman Brodie Tagaloa was in a car accident a couple weeks ago and is home with his family in California. Still part of the Husker team but recuperating with family and unfortunately will likely not play this season after making a climb where it was believed he could be quite useful in the D-line rotation.

It was a single-car accident. He cut his face and had surgery on his knee. "We expect him to miss the year unfortunately. Brodie was coming along great."

– Offensive lineman Jacob Hood has chronic ankle issues so he's in rehab mode right now.

– Wide receiver Joshua Fleeks reported Sunday and was significantly over his weight so he was sent home to make his weight. "So we'll wait and see how Josh does."

– Rhule mentioned true freshman defensive lineman Jason Maciejczak was among those rehabbing who isn't on the 120. Same goes with returning starter Marques Buford, who Rhule confirmed at Big Ten media days they wanted to be careful in not rushing along.

– Wide receiver Marcus Washington broke a bone in his hand in the summer.

Rhule thinks they'll take the cast off next Monday and he'll be splinted and able to practice the next day. He did all the movement and running stuff today.

"Unfortunate for him but he'll be back next week."

"I love Myles. He's a competitive kid. It's so hard when you have a new coach, right? And they have different standards than you're used to. So I get that. We've been patient with a lot of guys. We'll see what happens with Myles. The ball's in his court and we'd love him to be here. Whatever he wants to do, I respect him as man. So whatever he decides, I understand"

This quote from Rhule sounds like a nudge to the portal IMO.

I'm interested to hear more about the split squad practices they did today.

So they ran two completely separate practices? I like the idea of it. As Rhule said, "Most freshman across the country today got 5 reps. Our freshman got 40." How long to they plan on doing this? Prudt was the (scholarship) QB with the younger group today. Rhule didn't say it, but I read somewhere that Purdy and Heinrich will take turns going with the young group.

Not to jinx it, but I recall Riley did something similar when he first got here. He said he wanted a chance to get to see and know everyone and splitting up made that easier.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back