Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2023 Fall Camp Thread

I'll be limited this early on in Aug. We have a daughter due really any day now, due date is 20th. I might as well move out if I'm at a practice, she's going into labor, and she's unable to reach me.

I'm also coaching my son's 8th grade tackle team and son's kindergarten flag football teams. We start practice this week and have 15 scheduled practices before the our first game on 27th.
You have a pregnant daughter, a 13-14 yo, and a 5-6 yo. God bless!

— Nebraska offensive lineman Turner Corcoran said the move into Selleck Hall for fall camp has been a unique experience. He said he’s rooming with defensive back Tommi Hill, and while Rhule didn’t say this explicitly to the team, it sounds as though roommate assignments were done to pair players who wouldn’t normally room together.

“Getting to know him really well,” Corcoran said. “We usually see each other across the locker room and say, ‘what’s up’ but now it’s getting even better.”

— Corcoran noted that the twin beds in the dorms aren’t very lineman-friendly.

— Corcoran said he has been impressed with the work ethic of Nebraska’s incoming offensive linemen. He said having a split practice with younger players going on their own is “huge” for development and getting one-on-one time with the coaching staff.

“They’re a bunch of hard workers,” Corcoran said. “I think a lot of us blend well together."

— Having a veteran group of offensive linemen will help Nebraska set the tone, Corcoran said.

— Corcoran said he will work at whatever positions he’s needed at. On Monday, he said he was working at tackle.

— Wide receiver Billy Kemp IV said being in the dorms has been a good experience. He’s living with freshman Mason Jones. Kemp said he thought pairings were done with one offensive player and one defensive player.

— Kemp said he’s established good rapport and chemistry with quarterback Jeff Sims in the spring and summer.

“I feel like the whole receiver room has (good chemistry,” Kemp said. “The chemistry within the room has really grown.”

— Kemp said has seen wide receiver Zavier Betts get dialed in since coming back to the team in January.

“I think he’s a different player than what you’ve all seen in the past…he’s ready to have a big year this year,” Kemp said.

— Kemp said he’s ready to be Nebraska’s punt returner if called upon.

Hey, this is good. Husker preseason training camp is here.

You know who it feels especially good for right now? Nick Henrich. The linebacker said after the first practice on Monday he did wonder after a serious injury at Purdoodoo if that was his last football snap ever. It wasn't.

"I really felt kind of reborn and I'm just so blessed I have these guys around me to really pick me up," he said.

He's got a bulky knee brace on he's getting used to, but he feels all the way back.

What else from Nebraska players after the initial workout? Here's what. Some Quick Hits:

– "It feels so good just to be running around with my teammates," again said the senior linebacker Henrich.

He doesn't know the exact date he felt healthy, but it was a long process – longer than any injury he's had before. "I don't like the brace but I'll wear it if I can play, I really don't care."

Henrich said one of the things that helped him get through things the most was his faith in Christ and getting baptized in March. His teammate Luke Reimer was the one who performed the baptism.

He also had a lot of conversations with a guy like Will Honas, who have been through a tough ACL injury before. He got to the point where he was determined to "just come back stronger."

– Even though he wasn't out there in the spring, coaches and players communicated the defense well to him and he feels "very confident" in what he knows, but added it's a huge fall of banking reps for everyone to get it where it needs to be.

Henrich loves "the freedom this defensive gives you to run around and make plays." He thinks it allows guys to play fast and keeps the line of thinking simple: "The object of the game is to get guys to the ball."

The biggest learning adjustment in a way is actually the freedom the defense gives. "And no being so focused on, 'I have to be here, I have to be here.' And knowing that, 'No, you can do this, you can do this' as long as you play fast and run to the ball."

– Henrich said they run every coverage and front. "So it's really chaotic and really fun."

– He knows a competitive camp is ahead at linebacker. There's a lot of guys vying for playing time. "All the guys are really unselfish and good competition is going to push everyone so it's been really nice."

– Ty Robinson has had time to see other Husker veterans lead and kind of compute what he thinks works and doesn't. He's working on improving himself in this area.

"I can be kind of a hard ass sometimes. I think it's just because my competitiveness really gets ahold of me and I want it to be done the right way. I want to just have us improve because to me I have a standard that's not really obtainable. Because if a standard's not obtainable you try to reach for it every day."

Robinson said he's OK with not being liked and thinks they will thank him for being that hard ass in the end.

– He feels 100 percent after rehabbing from his shoulder inury.

He was swimming, running and doing rehab workouts six days a week. Got him into some of his best shape endurance-wise. Slimmed down. He's at 304 now and might lose another five during camp, he said.

– Henrich said dorm life is fun. Cozy in the smaller quarters at Selleck, but a good opportunity to grow together.

"We're here all day at the stadium anyway," he said. "My room is small. It feels like we're all living together ... Kind of nice to experience dorm life."

A lot of guys are mixed with someone from a different position group. Like an O-lineman and a DB together. Robinson's roommate is freshman Eric Fields.

Robinson sees the use of it, although he acknowledged the bed leaves something to be desired. His feet hang off the end.

Poster over on Tater Island is reporting Teddy got hurt…
Confused Parks And Recreation GIF

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back