Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2023 Fall Camp Thread

Poster over on Tater Island is reporting Teddy got hurt…
Shocked Futurama GIF

– Ty Robinson has had time to see other Husker veterans lead and kind of compute what he thinks works and doesn't. He's working on improving himself in this area.

"I can be kind of a hard ass sometimes. I think it's just because my competitiveness really gets ahold of me and I want it to be done the right way. I want to just have us improve because to me I have a standard that's not really obtainable. Because if a standard's not obtainable you try to reach for it every day."

Robinson said he's OK with not being liked and thinks they will thank him for being that hard ass in the end.
Christian and Jason Peter (and Tommie Frazier) approve.

So grain of salt, but still pretty bad....

The Soph class is the first year of the covid year IIRC. So you basically have a who class of eligibility being pushed down.

Also that 2019 class has
Henrich
Benhart
Ty
Wright
Piper
Newsome
Johnson

Overall I would say that class had a 13/31 hit rate (41%)... You want to see that number closer to 50%. The other problem is you want to see about 25% get into the NFL via UDFA or draft. I think that number for that class is going to be around 4 with maybe 1 draft pick.

Ideally a standard should be...
30 kids come in
15 are busts because of talent evaluations, injuries, not mentally ready for the jump, etc...
Out of the other 15 half you want to see go to the NFL and of those half you want to see half of them be via the draft.

4 draft picks is what the average top 25 team does a year. Now that includes UGA having 10 in the first round, so it is skewed, but that is how I look at it.
I totally understand it and I probably wouldn't have mentioned it if Margaretville hadn't cried about how bad the roster was that he inherited from Riley for years after.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back