Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2023 Fall Camp Thread (6 Viewers)

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG

I keep saying if Betts is locked in that changes this offense dramatically.

Kemp is a good possession guy, but we didn't have anybody outside the numbers to hurt teams.

You have Kemp, Betts and Fidone clicking I feel significantly better about our passing attack.

Add in Washington, who doesn't get the volume catches but always seemed to come up big late in games last year. That's about as perfect a combination of recievers as we've had in years.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
View attachment 25480

Ty Still looks like he weighs too much

View attachment 25481

Ty Nash Blaise
He doesn't look as bad in this picture -

z4dohyb6povjaqwooboq

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'll be limited this early on in Aug. We have a daughter due really any day now, due date is 20th. I might as well move out if I'm at a practice, she's going into labor, and she's unable to reach me.

I'm also coaching my son's 8th grade tackle team and son's kindergarten flag football teams. We start practice this week and have 15 scheduled practices before the our first game on 27th.
Please consult us in the future before you make decisions that affect our access to fall camp.

Thanks,
Baron
Owner of the Platinum Board

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member

I keep saying if Betts is locked in that changes this offense dramatically.

Kemp is a good possession guy, but we didn't have anybody outside the numbers to hurt teams.

You have Kemp, Betts and Fidone clicking I feel significantly better about our passing attack.

Actually huddling should help guys like Betts who’ve struggled with memorizing the playbook in the past

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
We've talked about this before but damn Wood River -

So grain of salt, but still pretty bad....

The Soph class is the first year of the covid year IIRC. So you basically have a who class of eligibility being pushed down.

Also that 2019 class has
Henrich
Benhart
Ty
Wright
Piper
Newsome
Johnson

Overall I would say that class had a 13/31 hit rate (41%)... You want to see that number closer to 50%. The other problem is you want to see about 25% get into the NFL via UDFA or draft. I think that number for that class is going to be around 4 with maybe 1 draft pick.

Ideally a standard should be...
30 kids come in
15 are busts because of talent evaluations, injuries, not mentally ready for the jump, etc...
Out of the other 15 half you want to see go to the NFL and of those half you want to see half of them be via the draft.

4 draft picks is what the average top 25 team does a year. Now that includes UGA having 10 in the first round, so it is skewed, but that is how I look at it.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds