Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2023-24 Portal Szn (10 Viewers)

turek420845

Reaction Whore
Elite Member
This is really interesting. Rhule must see Leavitt as the clear backup option instead of Shapen if we strike out on our top list of QB’s. I wonder if Leavitt ends up being the guy, will Chubba stick around knowing he’ll never be starter (since Leavitt is younger)? Nightmare scenario is they take Leavitt, Chubba transfers, and we’re left with Leavitt, HH, and Kaelin 😬
dont you ever say that high school GIF

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
In the last couple of days it sounded more like he’d be back. But this time of year who knows what might change things?

Fidone freaks out like a little vag boy this time every year and then he calms back down and all is forgotten.

I’d say he had as good of a year as one could hope for and we all forget that while he’s a junior on paper this was his first year actually playing.

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
Fidone freaks out like a little vag boy this time every year and then he calms back down and all is forgotten.

I’d say he had as good of a year as one could hope for and we all forget that while he’s a junior on paper this was his first year actually playing.
Would sure be a shitty thing to bail on the school that stuck with you through 2 ACL’s and invested a shit ton into you.

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
Honestly with his injury history, I’m not sure how marketable he is to other teams.
Maybe. His blocking and his dropsies and his sluggishness are all out there for the world to see, but his talent is also evident. I bet a lot of schools would take him. Another year removed from his injuries, a fresh start, massive potential.

To be fair, I bet he’s one that Rhule is recruiting to stick around. And a top tier qb transfer is a really good selling point. Fidone is capable of a 600-700 yard 8-10td season with the right qb.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Would sure be a shitty thing to bail on the school that stuck with you through 2 ACL’s and invested a shit ton into you.

Maybe. His blocking and his dropsies and his sluggishness are all out there for the world to see, but his talent is also evident. I bet a lot of schools would take him. Another year removed from his injuries, a fresh start, massive potential.

To be fair, I bet he’s one that Rhule is recruiting to stick around. And a top tier qb transfer is a really good selling point. Fidone is capable of a 600-700 yard 8-10td season with the right qb.

I don’t think he’s going anywhere. He really doesn’t have anyone to blame for the things he needs to get better at but him.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
I don’t think he’s going anywhere. He really doesn’t have anyone to blame for the things he needs to get better at but him.
If we look at this year as being Fidone's actual freshman year then he was fantastic and has plenty of room to grow and improve with the development that comes with having one full year of football under your belt.

If we have have a better QB to deliver him the ball I bet he can generate lots to like. He is the sure fire pass catching TE1 on the roster at the moment, is there a school where he would be in a better position than that?

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
So Cam Ward is not going to Ohio St. Who is left for Ohio State to get (that's elite)? Howard? Thought he was going to A&M w Klein.

Interesting that GameDay this AM saying that McCord could end up deciding to stay at OSU. Then you had Urban Meyer this AM basically saying McCord makes no sense by transferring and needs stay at OSU.

I'm just wondering who they're gonna get.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG

Purdy is the same player. Same. I will say Howard has slightly better pocket awareness but a noodle arm. He is not worth a scholarship
here.
Purdy is still potential at this point. If Rhule believed he could be a Will Howard type I don’t see him promising the job to a transfer.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds