Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2023-24 Portal Szn (9 Viewers)

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
I mean, it’s really no surprise. Rhule and co are looking for transfers who have multiple years for them to come in and develop. Outside of QB and WR, all of his transfers he brought in have been at least three years of eligibility.
TBH it doesn't make a ton of sense to splash cash on one-year skill players when you can flush the war chest after Dylan gets a year under his belt. No different than spending in the pros when you're in a championship window. Everything is building towards 2025 & '26

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
TBH it doesn't make a ton of sense to splash cash on one-year skill players when you can flush the war chest after Dylan gets a year under his belt. No different than spending in the pros when you're in a championship window. Everything is building towards 2025 & '26
No doubt. If we play our cards right we may be able to entertain the Etienne’s of the world when the W’s are there.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
That would be a very solid option! That being said, I strongly believe that Dowdell will be N of we want him N. I'm not imagining that he will leave without committing.
Why do you strongly believe this? Let us get that noledge

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Why do you strongly believe this? Let us get that noledge
See @SOHusker11's post...

Ranked a 4* 93 on 247.

Couple bits from his dad per Callahan.

“This is an official visit, and we have no other visits set up at this time,” Hopkins told HuskerOnline on Thursday. “We are going to see how things are and then just go from there.”

“Nebraska would probably be his top choice right now, given the opportunity and the style of the offense,” Hopkins said on Sunday. “They run a pro-style offense that is straight downhill with big back-type stuff. That’s him all day long. Plus, Coach (E.J.) Barthel is a great coach. Everybody that knows him has nothing but great things to say about him.”

N.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
“Top choice right now” sounds like he’s just keeping us warm until he finds what he wants.
That's an interesting interpretation. I read it that he is interested in us and will only look elsewhere if the visit doesn't go well. He lists the style, opportunity and Barthel as all the reasons they are interested. Seems like that is more than just "keeping us warm."

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
That's an interesting interpretation. I read it that he is interested in us and will only look elsewhere if the visit doesn't go well. He lists the style, opportunity and Barthel as all the reasons they are interested. Seems like that is more than just "keeping us warm."
Not saying it won’t happen but kids literally commit to us just to hold a spot until they find something better. A good transfer running back will absolutely say what he wants you to hear right up until he pulls the trigger one way or the other.

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
Once almost a Husker weirdo, always an almost Husker weirdo.
F6VeKgPXUAAqHP0.jpg

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds