Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2023-24 Portal Szn (6 Viewers)

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
All fluid as you know Carm. Haven't heard any different, but hearing a big bag might be thrown Down's way from Tx. Anything can happen until you get them on campus. Recruiting and portal recruiting in 2024. I'd be happy if he came to Nebraska.
What is the view about how TX will do in the SEC now?

When it happened I figured they would start off getting their brains beat in. But they have, relatively speaking, unlimited resopurces, a great recruiting base, and actually may be the single biggest beneficiary of Saban's retirement. How do you see it?

(Oklahoma is likely to really start lagging TX IMO).

Dawgsauce

Cornerback
Elite Member
What is the view about how TX will do in the SEC now?

When it happened I figured they would start off getting their brains beat in. But they have, relatively speaking, unlimited resopurces, a great recruiting base, and actually may be the single biggest beneficiary of Saban's retirement. How do you see it?

(Oklahoma is likely to really start lagging TX IMO).
Horns down from other SEC team fanbases. None of us wanted them. That being said, they are going to be a problem. Unlimited money paired with good to great coaches is a problem. Hopefully locker room issues will nag them like they did TAMU. We'll see what happens to Bama down the road, but this year I think it's UGA and TX in the SEC. If LSU can fix their defensive issues they are up there as well as Mississippi.

nscottie

Running Back
Elite Member
Horns down from other SEC team fanbases. None of us wanted them. That being said, they are going to be a problem. Unlimited money paired with good to great coaches is a problem. Hopefully locker room issues will nag them like they did TAMU. We'll see what happens to Bama down the road, but this year I think it's UGA and TX in the SEC. If LSU can fix their defensive issues they are up there as well as Mississippi.
Hopefully they don’t destroy a third conference.

ac husker

Safety
Elite Member
Not sure that is a knock about a true freshman OT from Cockeye HS competition.

He did better against Michigan than either of our two experienced LTs. Forget his PFF grades - which were vastly better - he was credited with 1 sack and 2 hurries.

Our two LTs combined for 2 sacks and 6 hurries.

And he has timed to improve markedly.
Agreed. People seem to forget that true freshmen improve over their college years (at least they are supposed to).

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Agreed. People seem to forget that true freshmen improve over their college years (at least they are supposed to).
Adrian_Martinez_Dance.gif

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds