Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2021 Husker Baseball Thread (Big 10 Champions)

solid but we need to add a transfer or two. we have at least 2 incoming high school players who could potentially go pro...losing them to the mlb would suck, since they'll both be contributors

I hope Bolt is somehow able to tow the line with recruiting better than Mike Anderson did. Mike recruited so damn well that too many of his recruits went straight to MLB draft. Sad, because he was a great hitting coach.

We lose a lot in the lineup. Acker, Hallmark, Roskam, and Schwelly from the regulars. Include Mojo if you're looking at EOY starters. Losing your Friday/Saturday starters as well on the mound. There will be a lot to replace. But on the mound, you get Gomes back, you get Perry for a full year. You probably see Bunz become a starter. The recruiting class is solid, they'll be able to backfill the lineup some, just not with a lot of experience. Establishing who your weekend guys are will be a big part of the fall. I don't think Christo signs, I'm expecting he'll be in Lincoln. Will be interesting to see how they use him, either as a bullpen guy or as a midweek starter and try and develop him there.

And I can't help but laugh anytime I see 'great hitting coach' and Mike in the same sentence hah.

And I can't help but laugh anytime I see 'great hitting coach' and Mike in the same sentence hah.
“Alright two strikes; gimme a B hack!”

Been to enough of those camps as a kid to know just about every tool in Mike Anderson’s arsenal. My d3 college coach was much better.

Couple of things…

Im surprised they’re talking about the Mason kid getting drafted in the top 250 picks. He’s very raw and has played against some pretty bad competition, but he’s definitely an elite athlete. I suppose Bryce Nimmo from the Mets is doing Mason some favors in that regard.

I don’t see Christo signing a pro contract. The rumor is his number is 2 million dollars. I believe Baseball America rated him as the 230th best eligible draft prospect. That puts him in the 7th round. Top slot money for a 7th round pick in 2019 was in the 300k range. That money isn’t enticing him to sign.

“Alright two strikes; gimme a B hack!”

Been to enough of those camps as a kid to know just about every tool in Mike Anderson’s arsenal. My d3 college coach was much better.

Lol. Same here. Rardin’s people at IWCC would coach him off the field. That’s yet another story of us missing out of talent from that place in baseball. They’re absolutely legit. Might be IWCC’s best program.

Couple of things…

Im surprised they’re talking about the Mason kid getting drafted in the top 250 picks. He’s very raw and has played against some pretty bad competition, but he’s definitely an elite athlete. I suppose Bryce Nimmo from the Mets is doing Mason some favors in that regard.

I don’t see Christo signing a pro contract. The rumor is his number is 2 million dollars. I believe Baseball America rated him as the 230th best eligible draft prospect. That puts him in the 7th round. Top slot money for a 7th round pick in 2019 was in the 300k range. That money isn’t enticing him to sign.
For Mason it looks like the success of Cooper Bowman has helped some and a down year for OF prospects

Childress still has a farm in Nebraska and hunts here

I bet he sticks around

They also have a grand baby nearby. They loved Nebraska and eventually wanted to be back here. Childress is a very competitive guy, so I'm sure he's not happy with how things ended at A&M, but he very well may end up content helping his protégé, making a good living doing it without l of the stress, and being near family.

This has got to be temporary right? Like a favor of Childress and a break for him for a year or two.
He built a house outside Lincoln not that long ago. The guy in charge of the build who played for Childress at Nebraska told my dad the reason Childress passed on the head job last time was incase shit went bad. He wants to come back here and retire when his career is over. He didn’t want people hating him if things didn’t work out.

Cade Povich was taken in the third round (#98 pick) by the Minnesota Twins. Slot value of ~$593,000.

Taken one spot ahead of Arkansas ace Kevin Kopps

Cade Povich was taken in the third round (#98 pick) by the Minnesota Twins. Slot value of ~$593,000.

Taken one spot ahead of Arkansas ace Kevin Kopps
That's great for Cade, but I'm surprised he went ahead of Kopps. The ESPN guys gushed on him the entire series in the Regionals, and had him slated for the 1st round.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back