Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

You have to kick a sleeping polar bear or tickle a black mamba on the head. Which one would you choose? (1 Viewer)

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
If the polar bear wakes up and chases you it might catch you and then it will rip you into pieces and eat your flesh.

If you're not fast enough and the black mamba bites you, you'll pry be dead in an hour.

What say you?

Polar Bear Food GIF by BBC America

black mamba snake city GIF by Nat Geo Wild

Kaladin

Elite Member
Polar bear can run 25 mph. Lets say that you have to run 100 yards to get to safety after you kick it.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
I typed up my response to say the Black Mamba. But the more I thought about it, the sleeping aspect of the Polar Bear and 100 yards to safety give the Polar Bear the best chance of survival for me. 1) A kick from me might not even be enough for a Polar Bear to consider it a threat. 2) It's sleeping - it has to wake up, find out which way I'm running and the catch me. It doesn't start of at 25 mph. At 25 mph, it would take the Polar Bear over 8 seconds to run the 100 yards. If I can sprint 15 mph, that would be about 13.5 seconds. It gives me a 5 second window for the Polar Bear to wake up, see where I am and get up to speed. Better odds that the 100% kill rate of a Mamba bite...

Herbie

Quarterback
I typed up my response to say the Black Mamba. But the more I thought about it, the sleeping aspect of the Polar Bear and 100 yards to safety give the Polar Bear the best chance of survival for me. 1) A kick from me might not even be enough for a Polar Bear to consider it a threat. 2) It's sleeping - it has to wake up, find out which way I'm running and the catch me. It doesn't start off at 25 mph. At 25 mph, it would take the Polar Bear over 8 seconds to run the 100 yards. If I can sprint 15 mph, that would be about 13.5 seconds. It gives me a 5 second window for the Polar Bear to wake up, see where I am and get up to speed. Better odds that the 100% kill rate of a Mamba bite...
But are you in the bears natural habitat?

How good are you at running on ice and snow?

Herbie

Quarterback
You never made any stipulations on what I have to wear or what I’m carrying

What if I’m wearing full body chain mail armor.

Kaladin

Elite Member
You never made any stipulations on what I have to wear or what I’m carrying

What if I’m wearing full body chain mail armor.
You’re running across a flat paved road, and there’s no snow or anything

You can wear whatever you want

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
I typed up my response to say the Black Mamba. But the more I thought about it, the sleeping aspect of the Polar Bear and 100 yards to safety give the Polar Bear the best chance of survival for me. 1) A kick from me might not even be enough for a Polar Bear to consider it a threat. 2) It's sleeping - it has to wake up, find out which way I'm running and the catch me. It doesn't start of at 25 mph. At 25 mph, it would take the Polar Bear over 8 seconds to run the 100 yards. If I can sprint 15 mph, that would be about 13.5 seconds. It gives me a 5 second window for the Polar Bear to wake up, see where I am and get up to speed. Better odds that the 100% kill rate of a Mamba bite...
Jesus christ James, how much fucking thought did you put into this.

Herbie

Quarterback
Ok so now we know it’s just a paved road all the way around you.
To make this easier let’s say you and the polar bear start out running at your top speed and can run 100 yards at the top speed. Also let’s give you 10 second head start but drop down your top end speed down to 10 mph which is still fast for a human but not a 4 minute mile fast.

At 10mph you run 4.89 yards/second. After 10 seconds you’ve gone 48.90 yards and have 51.1 yards to go. So it will take you 20.5 seconds to get 10 yards.

The polo bear will run 12.22 yps and take 8.18 seconds to go 100 yards. That polar bear is getting you right around the 10 yard line

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds