Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

POLL Which QB gives us the best chance to make a bowl?

Which QB gives us the best chance to make a bowl?

• Total voters
7 turnovers through 1.5 games end of story. Send Sims to an HBCU this offseason and find a game manager/good decision maker to right the ship
zahra schreiber forums GIF

People keep saying stuff like this. What is he? Is he the freshman that turned it over a lot or the junior that didn't turn it over much at all?

Martinez only changed who he was when he went to K St. He was the same guy from Fr to Sr. His decline in interceptions was more to do with play calling with few, low risk passes. However, he didn't fumble much either and he was great at fumbling at Nebraska. Why did that change?

Most likely confidence from success and not being the #1 option to run. Maybe a little coaching on how to take care of the football better but I doubt that was much of the equation.

With Sims do you have to simplify the passing game until his confidence grows? Is there any hope for Sims for 2024? If there is you have to play him to get his confidence up so you can expand the passing schemes gradually.

If you're simplifying the passing game for the rest of the year to keep him from turning it over you might as well just leave HH in there until/if he starts fucking up and hitting the portal hard for a QB.

I think there really is an upside for Sims. I don't think there is for HH. His upside is what we saw against NIU and LA Tech. Comes down to if the coaches are willing to take the chance on Sims ohoif they've given up on him.
This is kind of where I am. I must be a sick fuck because my morbid curiosity makes me want to see more of Sims. The coaches saw something there to 1) go after him hard as their #1 priority in the portal, and 2) keep him in the game over HH and Purdy as he was shitting and pissing it down both legs at MINN and CU.

This is kind of where I am. I must be a sick fuck because my morbid curiosity makes me want to see more of Sims. The coaches saw something there to 1) go after him hard as their #1 priority in the portal, and 2) keep him in the game over HH and Purdy as he was shitting and pissing it down both legs at MINN and CU.
I'm a 60-40 lean to the idea that they just plain fucked up in their evaluation of Sims. I guess we are going to find out sooner or later.

I don't even really care which way they go. Think you have to play HH right now but i think with better competition he will start turning the ball over and/or his limitations will cost us games. If not then fantastic he starts the rest of the year.

Only scenario Sims takes over is if they're hoping they can fix him enough to be the qb next year. I'd be more in favor of giving up on that hope and being set on getting a portal qb but no guarantee there either.

Why is nobody talking about Sims 17 fumbles in his 24 career games as a Yellow Jacket as well. Convenient to leave that out and only look at INTS.

In Jeff Sims 25.5 games of college football he has 27 interceptions and 20 fumbles. My goodness.

I'm still trying to figure out what the upside to Sims is

I think if he were as talented as people suspect (high reward) then we would have seen him make some plays during the Minny and Colorado games, but all we got was one TD run

We went from bench simms, all the way back to thinking maybe he’s got some hidden potential. Only way I want to see Simms if he runs the option like Jamal lord & the offense is suddenly averaging 35 despite his 2 turnovers per game.

Both QBs suck but I’m tired of seeing other big ten teams go turtle shell with their game plans then beat us cuz our dipshit QBs make a mistake. If simms is gonna average the same points pg as haarberg but with 2 additional turnovers, then we’re going to lose to Illinois & Purdoodoo & kiss any chance at bowl good bye. If we’re down 14, u can always pull haarberg & see what Simms can do with his arm then

Why is nobody talking about Sims 17 fumbles in his 24 career games as a Yellow Jacket as well. Convenient to leave that out and only look at INTS.

In Jeff Sims 25.5 games of college football he has 27 interceptions and 20 fumbles. My goodness.
I don't know how you missed the 1,000 posts.

I want to see more Jeff Sims in the same way I wanted to see the last 80% of 2 girls, 1 cup. Like it's fucking disgusting, but do you want to see if that's truly the bottom of civilization?

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back