Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

POLL Which QB gives us the best chance to make a bowl?

Which QB gives us the best chance to make a bowl?

• Total voters
Isn't turnovers going up this year changing his stripes?
Hell Yeah Yes GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

This. It is maddening that people think they can just go away

I don’t think anyone expects them to go away. But if I had to win a race and the choice was me running or my car that has never ran before. My answer is still, “Well maybe that baby starts next time I turn the key”.

We’ve had a lot of coaches tell us with their actions now that Haarberg just has zero shot of throwing the ball.

Reactions: Irv
I just pulled the Sports-Reference TO differential - which was Off TO minus Def TOs...so, my bad?

Oh, ok. That makes sense. I was expecting to see positive turnover differential to mean more takeaways than giveaways, but it looks like it’s opposite.

I don’t think anyone expects them to go away. But if I had to win a race and the choice was me running or my car that has never ran before. My answer is still, “Well maybe that baby starts next time I turn the key”.

We’ve had a lot of coaches tell us with their actions now that Haarberg just has zero shot of throwing the ball.
I look simply at the turnover margins under Sims and HH.

Both aren’t great but one would veer us right off a cliff.

Isn't turnovers going up this year changing his stripes?
Sims has the yips at this point. He had a proclivity for turnovers at GT and got slightly better but he has reverted back to his old ways.

Maybe he uses “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter” for cologne but he just cannot help himself.

HH isn’t going to be confused for the second coming of Tom Brady anytime soon but at least he can take a snap without fumbling.

Maybe sims is just good for around 20 turnovers a year regardless and he was just trying to get as many of those out of the way as possible before conference play 😂

got slightly better
He went from a bunch his fr year down to Casey Thompson level his 2nd year and only 4 his junior year. I wouldn't call that slightly. Even not playing all of the games one every other game is lower than normal. Not best in the country but perfectly acceptable.

I do agree he seems to have the yips. That is curable with confidence but you don't really know until you play him.

He went from a bunch his fr year down to Casey Thompson level his 2nd year and only 4 his junior year. I wouldn't call that slightly. Even not playing all of the games one every other game is lower than normal. Not best in the country but perfectly acceptable.

I do agree he seems to have the yips. That is curable with confidence but you don't really know until you play him.
I hear you - I just don’t see the upside that overrides the negatives for him.

That's where I'm at. He has two road starts in hostile environments against P5 teams whereas HH has two friendly home game starts against G5 schools. I need more info before making a choice.

I say all that not looking to forgive Sims for all his sins in his two starts, because he fucking sucked muck dick in those two starts.
he’s started 4 years. he aint going to change what he is

he’s started 4 years. he aint going to change what he is
People keep saying stuff like this. What is he? Is he the freshman that turned it over a lot or the junior that didn't turn it over much at all?

Martinez only changed who he was when he went to K St. He was the same guy from Fr to Sr. His decline in interceptions was more to do with play calling with few, low risk passes. However, he didn't fumble much either and he was great at fumbling at Nebraska. Why did that change?

Most likely confidence from success and not being the #1 option to run. Maybe a little coaching on how to take care of the football better but I doubt that was much of the equation.

With Sims do you have to simplify the passing game until his confidence grows? Is there any hope for Sims for 2024? If there is you have to play him to get his confidence up so you can expand the passing schemes gradually.

If you're simplifying the passing game for the rest of the year to keep him from turning it over you might as well just leave HH in there until/if he starts fucking up and hitting the portal hard for a QB.

I think there really is an upside for Sims. I don't think there is for HH. His upside is what we saw against NIU and LA Tech. Comes down to if the coaches are willing to take the chance on Sims ohoif they've given up on him.

I'm a firm believer that it just happens when players come to Nebraska and forget how to play. Exhibit A Tristan Alvano didn't miss at westside comes here and can't hit the broad side of a barn now.

To be fair, he was damned when he was picked to kick as True freshman.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back