Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

POLL Which QB gives us the best chance to make a bowl?

Which QB gives us the best chance to make a bowl?

• Total voters
I'm a firm believer that it just happens when players come to Nebraska and forget how to play. Exhibit A Tristan Alvano didn't miss at westside comes here and can't hit the broad side of a barn now.
My buddy said the laces were out, which is why he missed that kick before half so badly.

I surely hope that is the case because that miss was laughably bad

When people say that Sims is high risk/high reward, what do they mean? I get the high risk part, he’s a turnover machine, but I don’t understand the high reward aspect.
The reward is that he’s actually capable of completing a forward pass, unlike HH.

Sims is completing 58.8%, HH is completing 51.1

That's the reward?
Yeah his career completion percentage is 57.6%, and that has been pretty consistent over his four years. His best completion percentage was 60% in 2021, and his highest number of TDs was 13 in 2020. SO FAR in his career he hasn't shown much of a "high reward" as a passer at all. They actually seem like they might be pretty similar as passers, for better or worse.

Quick comparison just for the sake of the conversation:
Sims (career over 3+ seasons) - 57.6%, 123.8 QBR, 7.0 yards per completion
Haarberg (2 games vs. crappy opponents) - 51.1%, 128.8 QBR, 5.9 yards per completion

Also, for what it's worth, Haarberg's 272 rushing yards are already close to Sims's previous season totals - 492, 372, and 302.

Last edited:
Sims is completing 58.8%, HH is completing 51.1

That's the reward?
If you count his interceptions, he is completing 70% of his passes.

Think About It GIF by Identity

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back