Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

POLL Which QB gives us the best chance to make a bowl?

Which QB gives us the best chance to make a bowl?

• Total voters
We had Thompson last year and Martinez before that

There wasn’t any need to start HH
I understand that but until injuries to two guys this year, he has never even been the number 2. He was playing at WR/TE earlier this year. The staffs have been telling us what they think of him as a QB.

Regardless of all of that, I just think this idea that he is "game manager" type is missing the point going forward. The rest of the offense is just not good enough to support a QB who is not a very credible threat in the passing game long term. There are probably times when HH would make the most sense with the data we have so far (and I tend to think he is going to start seeing more turnovers, but only time will tell), but I don't think this offense is it. We need someone who can keep the opponent remotely honest in the passing game and maybe even hit a big play or two to have any shot of scoring more than handful of points.

It's very unfortunate that the player who can do the most good things for us is also the one who has been doing the most bad things for us. It would be nice to have a different set of options.

I understand that but until injuries to two guys this year, he has never even been the number 2. He was playing at WR/TE earlier this year. The staffs have been telling us what they think of him as a QB.

Regardless of all of that, I just think this idea that he is "game manager" type is missing the point going forward. The rest of the offense is just not good enough to support a QB who is not a very credible threat in the passing game long term. There are probably times when HH would make the most sense with the data we have so far (and I tend to think he is going to start seeing more turnovers, but only time will tell), but I don't think this offense is it. We need someone who can keep the opponent remotely honest in the passing game and maybe even hit a big play or two to have any shot of scoring more than handful of points.

It's very unfortunate that the player who can do the most good things for us is also the one who has been doing the most bad things for us. It would be nice to have a different set of options.

So far offensively, there has been very little game to manage.

I wanted to see Sims in a home game when he's healthy first & see if he's calmed down from his shaky start to the season. IDK when we'll see that.

So you'd probably have to say HH now. But it should be Sims
That's where I'm at. He has two road starts in hostile environments against P5 teams whereas HH has two friendly home game starts against G5 schools. I need more info before making a choice.

I say all that not looking to forgive Sims for all his sins in his two starts, because he fucking sucked muck dick in those two starts.

That's where I'm at. He has two road starts in hostile environments against P5 teams whereas HH has two friendly home game starts against G5 schools. I need more info before making a choice.

I say all that not looking to forgive Sims for all his sins in his two starts, because he fucking sucked muck dick in those two starts.
I was willing to overlook the Minnesota game, but Sims completely shitting the bed against a terrible Colorado defense has led me to have little to no faith in Sims. Between that and his time at Georgia Tech I just can’t see him getting better

I was willing to overlook the Minnesota game, but Sims completely shitting the bed against a terrible Colorado defense has led me to have little to no faith in Sims. Between that and his time at Georgia Tech I just can’t see him getting better
I'm kinda with you. It seems like we're choosing between a turnover machine who can throw it slightly better versus a one-dimensional guy who seems to take better care of the ball. If our O is going to be limited with either choice, which seems to be the case, might as well go with the guy who is less likely to turn it over.

When people say that Sims is high risk/high reward, what do they mean? I get the high risk part, he’s a turnover machine, but I don’t understand the high reward aspect.

Capture.png

Last edited:
I’m voting Sims due to the 5% chance he learns to stop throwing it to the other team and at least having the threat of a passing game.

I voted Hamburglar because of what you said. It's just whether he's going to get the opportunity to show he won't (or will) throw it to the other team.

I almost guarantee he will get that opportunity, because at some point Hamburglar will go out with an injury.

And I think Sins will fail that opportunity.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back