Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Whats everyone thinking for the final Coaching hire? (1 Viewer)

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I asked on RSS and appears on Sports Nightly Frost said he knows what he is going to do and be announcing it to the team first. Makes me believe it is something involving either Ron Brown or Bill Busch. Hopefully it isn't him trying to be the "Smartest Man in the Room" again and doing something odd. I'd prefer Busch over Brown as he is more more connected for recruiting plus can help with Special Teams. I still wouldn't be surprised to see a Defensive Coach move on. A few will have options for more stable jobs. Busch can coach multiple positions on Defense plus Chinander could coach a position. We have needs at RB & Special Teams for a coach. Would be nice to add another stud recruiter to the staff to go along with Mickey.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Busch as ST. Not sure why he’s being so coy about it.
With the Shit Show we have in Lincoln It feels like Busch is about as good as we could hope to get. What established coach is willing to come to Lincoln to work for a staff on the Hot Seat unless they have ties to the university? Even Mickey got a 3 year contract. We have to overpay for Assistants. It's not easy to move families around and we are lucky the Busch's family still lives in Lincoln. Best of both worlds for him as he can get over paid to stick around and still see the wife & kids.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
With the Shit Show we have in Lincoln It feels like Busch is about as good as we could hope to get. What established coach is willing to come to Lincoln to work for a staff on the Hot Seat unless they have ties to the university? Even Mickey got a 3 year contract. We have to overpay for Assistants. It's not easy to move families around and we are lucky the Busch's family still lives in Lincoln. Best of both worlds for him as he can get over paid to stick around and still see the wife & kids.
Whipple

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Whipple? For all accounts he was retiring and we just dangled a Carrot in front of him for another year or 2 of work. This will be his biggest payday ever so why not line his pockets with another Million or 2? In theory we could go after a near retirement coach like Whipple for the other position but if you look at the rest of the staff none of them are like Whipple. I can see bringing in the retired coaches as Analysts, wish we did more of that

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Busch is still being paid by LSU, that has to end before he's official on the coaching staff.
That make sense I was wondering if Busch is the guy, then why not just announce it but if his payout runs to the end of the year then they will announce it after his payout is completed.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Here is what Christopherson from 247 said a few minutes ago when asked if Ron Brown will be the RB coach. Sounds pretty close to what some posters have been saying on the 247-message board for a little while now.

Not as a running backs coach by title. But I think he'll have use to the running backs in meetings and such.

Frost this past week...

"As long as I'm here, I'm going to have him around if I can. He's a lot older than he looks, though," Frost said good-naturedly. "So sending him out on the road recruiting and doing all those things, he'd probably do anything for the University of Nebraska and the football program. But I love having him in the role I have him in so that he can be of assistance to me."

All signs have pointed to Busch taking over that ST spot.

The transfer punter from Montana suggested he was told as much in the feature we had on him.

https://247sports.com/college/nebra...n-Buschini-Montana-transfer-portal-178280073/

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds