Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What's a successful season I 2022? (1 Viewer)

What is a successful Nebraska season in 2022?

• Another losing season

• Middling Big Ten West + Bowl

• Upper Big Ten West + Bowl

• Big Ten West Champ or better

Results are only viewable after voting.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
So now that Frost has been officially retained, what do you believe a successful is for him in 2022? Not what he will do, but what the "bar" is.

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
He hasn’t hit my bar since year 1 when I had no expectations for win/loss record.

I had us going 5-7 this year, I think next year (depending on QB situation) we go 6-6 finally and we retain Frost with that as everyone who wanted to keep Frost (I did not) will call that progress.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Should have gotten 8 wins this year. I’ll stick with that mark next year without looking at the schedule.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Successful vs. what will happen are two different things.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
My mark was 6 wins and a bowl this year.

I think 7-8 wins is the number next year.

Last edited:

Blackshirts_Win_'ships

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Musts:

Northwestern
NorDak
Georgia Southern
Rutgers
Indiana
Minnesota
Purdue
Illinois

Need 1 of any of these:
Oklahoma
Michigan
Wiscy
Cockeye

9-3 is a Mike Riley 2016 special. 2023 = 2017, though the 2023 schedule is reasonable at this point.

Chi7397

Cornerback
Elite Member
8-9 wins or I’d part ways - it’s not enough to get a winning record after 5 years as proof of “progress” IMO

Blackshirts_Win_'ships

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
8-9 wins or I’d part ways - it’s not enough to get a winning record after 5 years as proof of “progress” IMO
Could go 6-6 with Ws against Northwestern, North Dakota, Georgia Southern, Rutgers, Indiana and 1 of 3 teams we lost badly to this year (garbage time TDs saving double digit losses, for those who may have forgotten), then win a garbage bowl game. Winning record, lifetime contract.

Chi7397

Cornerback
Elite Member
Could go 6-6 with Ws against Northwestern, North Dakota, Georgia Southern, Rutgers, Indiana and 1 of 3 teams we lost badly to this year (garbage time TDs saving double digit losses, for those who may have forgotten), then win a garbage bowl game. Winning record, lifetime contract.

Honestly that’s probably enough for a big chunk of the fan base, but I sincerely hope he’d be fired if that’s how things go

Blackshirts_Win_'ships

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Honestly that’s probably enough for a big chunk of the fan base, but I sincerely hope he’d be fired if that’s how things go
I actually think he would be fired before the bowl game in that situation. Which shoots a gaping hole in this narrative that today's "decision" allows the entire fan base to come together if next year is a failure.

6-6 would be an abject failure, and you'll still have the casual side of the fan base shouting "SEE!!! PROGRESS!!!" from the tops of all the grain elevators. The same exact portion of the fan base that is happy with today's news.

Cookiemonster

PIIHB
Elite Member
Musts:

Northwestern
NorDak
Georgia Southern
Rutgers
Indiana
Minnesota
Purdue
Illinois

Need 1 of any of these:
Oklahoma
Michigan
Wiscy
Cockeyes

9-3 is a Mike Riley 2016 special. 2023 = 2017, though the 2023 schedule is reasonable at this point.
Every single game should be winnable. If I saw we were playing that schedule 10 years ago I’d assume we win everything except maybe boomers and Wiscy. My how we have fallen.

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
This is one of my biggest concerns with him being retained. We can go 6-6 next season and make a bowl and people will scream “PROGRESS” when in reality we may not be any better bc our schedule is so much easier.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds