Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What would places like RSS or Husker247 be like if the team were really good?

I only started venturing onto Husker boards in 2002, just before we got our first beloved doses of Jammal Lord and the all-white away uniforms. By that point, we already had a lot of the shine knocked off from Black Friday at Boulder the previous year, and things obviously never got back to even that point again. I don't know if any of the boards were sufficiently developed to really be a good comparison going back to '99 or even '97. I know the real old-timers talk about the Austin360 and Tough Tony days and all that (still not sure I even understand the evolution there, but oh well). I have to believe those weren't quite like what RSS or Husker247 have become in the past 15 years or so.

So my question is this: How do you think we'd behave as an online fanbase if we were consistently competing for conference championships, winning them with some regularity, and every once in a while making a play for the national title? What would our taters be doing to demonstrate their taterness? How would the hip cynical types take it?

I agree with most of the responses so far. In addition to predicting Natty's next year by the Pete's of the world, there would be people bitching about play calling after a 30 point win against a ranked team where we put up 600 yards and 52 points.

I’m just happy I can remember the 90s as a young kid. Anyone in their early 30s and below probably can’t remember any quality Husker football.
My earliest memory is 2001 Eric Crouch. I know I've put this on RSS a couple times but I can still remember riding home with my parents from watching the title game in '01 and thinking to myself "it's fine, we'll be back next year"......we never went back and really haven't been that same level of success since then. I had just turned 9 I believe.

I agree with most of the responses so far. In addition to predicting Natty's next year by the Pete's of the world, there would be people bitching about play calling after a 30 point win against a ranked team where we put up 600 yards and 52 points.
Definitely this...A lot of bitching about all the short side options that were run that day.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back