Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What the B1G is Saying? (Sparty Week) (1 Viewer)

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
USC

• What happends to Grinch if USC wins out?
  • I think we'll see peace in the middle east first
  • IMHO the only way he stays in your scenario is if the D plays well enough for our O to win by like, 10-14 points
  • Hate to root for somebody to get fired but I would love Dave Aranda as DC
  • Not to keep harping on the same thing and being a downer, but why would he come here with our current roster and 2024 recruiting class?
  • Until we change our NIL approach and are able to attract elite talent, we are not getting someone like him.
  • Sign me up for Aranda as DC! He was going to be our DC until Baylor offered him the HC position.
  • When we join the B1G, can we get Michigan's schedule please?
  • Doesn't matter as long as they beat Ohio State in the end, they are golden.
  • Now, will they get exposed in the playoffs?? Maybe.
  • Rutgers is 6-2 (not sure how), but that is UM's best win so far.
  • Keyshawn Johnson speaks, “I dislike our DC…” he tweeted
  • Tarmac that dude
  • Grinch is making every Qb on our schedule look like a Heisman candidate now I think its beginning to strike a nerve with many of the supporters with real cash
  • On the bright side, we gave up only 49pts

Indiana

• Pretty amazing how bad B1G offenses are…
  • 8 of the bottom 10 P5 schools are all from the B1G conference
  • Maybe it is really good defenses in the BIG?
  • Probably a combination of both combined with the lack of speed when compared to other conferences.
  • Other than OSU, UM and PSU, who else has a really good defense this year? How about just a good defense?
  • Rutgers is actually rated in the top 10 in total defense and 13 in scoring defense.
  • I think Cockeye and Wisconsin are at least in the Rutgers territory. But us, Purdue, MSU, Mindy, NU, , Maryland, Nebraska? Average to bad.
  • There's way too many crappy teams in this conference. The 4 new Pac teams will beat up on most of the existing B1G teams outside of OSU, Michigan, PSU.
  • Lots of shitty coaches???? Paid lots of money!! LOL
  • I would have to say that Tom Allen is the worst coach in the entire conference. Okay…possibly tied with Harlan Barnett.
  • 1. Day
  • 2. Ferentz
  • 3..Harbaugh
  • 4. #2ndChoice
  • 5. P.J Fleck
  • 6. Schiano
  • 7.. Franklin
  • 8. Rhule
  • 9. Bielema
  • 10.. Bruan
  • 11. Locksley
  • 12. Walters
  • 13. Barnett
  • 14. Allen.
  • Half the conference in the Top 25 in scoring defense.
  • To be fair, most of those defensive stats are from playing a lot of these horrible offenses in-conference.

Penn State

• B1G A.D.s meeting RIGHT NOW
  • Let's see what happens, rumor has it the meetings will be taking place tomorrow also.
  • Allegations only, right now… no penalty until next year if it proves to be accurate. Just not enough time to adjudicate.
  • Inspiring speech by Nebraska head coach and Penn Stater, Matt Rhule
  • Boy, that was great
  • That was awesome. Man, that made my day
  • Big West Champ ??
  • Huskers might have a say in this yet.
  • Hell Northwestern might. The west is beyond pathetic.

Cockeye

• Brian’s dismissal has a lot to do with recruiting
  • BF was already a dead man walking given his last 3-years and the contract.
  • Lame duck coaches recruit lame ducks.
  • Brian being the 2nd most prominently named in the racism lawsuit was a big part of the recruiting troubles. His horrific performance running the offense sealed the deal.
  • Our recruiting sucks. Our talent level overall sucks. The fact that our offensive coaches don't develop players worth a darn makes it that much worse.
  • The AD knows more about the state of recruiting for football now than the HC and his staff? We need her to draw us up some offense plays!
  • What OCs are looking for work or available?
  • Bryan Leftwich…he was OC for a Tampa Bay team that he had still heavy in pro style offense with a heavy amount of run game
  • The OC has to be willing to be a puppet for KF.
  • Art Briles is the best choice. Don't pretend any of you would care as long as his offense managed 35 PPG.
  • If Kirk stays I bet the new OC will be one of Jon Boy, Tim Polesek or Paul Cryst . All Kirk type hires
  • Scott Frost will be the OC at one of these schools next year; Arkansas, TCU, Mississippi State or Cockeye?
  • So yeah, we are all happy Brian is gone, but the problem is Kirk.
  • No respectable OC would ever come to this program given the handcuffing that Kirk would impose. Brian was a puppet, Kirk is the puppet master behind the sheet.
  • I don’t know if Kirk is the problem, but he’s ultimately responsible for this god awful offense. But this offense had some critical injuries. Would we have set the world on fire? No, BUT we wouldn’t be this bad.
  • KF put his family's interests above the team's, and it has cost everyone. And of course it only happened because he was enabled by an even bigger dipsh*t running the athletic department.
  • Yeah that big problem of being the winningest coach in programs history and making us a natl mention… yall so dumb, it’s hard to even fathom. If it weren’t for KF you’d be ISU fans by now and have no grounds or expectations to even dream of Cockeye making the CFP. Get a fking clue u blowhards.
  • Why would you fire a 6-2 coach with the results that KF has produced?
  • Nebraska has always and likely will for a long time recruit better than Cockeye
  • Let’s pretend the Cooper punt return isn’t wrongly overturned. Cockeye sits at 7-1. Is the announcement that Brian won’t be retained still made October 30th?
  • Maybe not mid season, but hopefully it wouldve happened at end of year (i wouldnt hold my breath with KF throwing out the injury excuse).
  • Why does it matter? He’s a horrible OC. He is now. And he will be at the end of the year. So at least now she took the guesswork out of the future.
  • Beth Goetz Conversation with KF Regarding Brian....
  • I wonder how many "gay woman" slurs have or will be uttered from the Ferentz family today, especially Mary
  • Brian made a ton of money working for his dad, way more than 99% of people in their lifetimes

Minnesota

• Big Ten Mess....I mean West
  • When I looked at the West before I felt 6-3 could win it and I still feel that way
  • Cockeye will lose one or two more. either or both of Rutger and Nebraska will beat them. Solid defense and an offense that can score a dozen points will beat Cockeye.
  • BTW, I have ignored Nebraska, but it sits at 2-2 in the B1G with 5 games left. In my scenario above, if Nebraska wins all five of its games, it would win the West at 7-2. If Nebraska wins 4 and losses one, it finishes 6-3, but we hold the tie-breaker over Nebraska as well. If Nebraska goes 3-2 in its final games, it is probably out of contention. This is the Wild West at the moment!
  • I’m going out on a limb and picking Nebraska to beat Cockeye, as well. Nebraska’s defense is pretty good this year; should stifle Cockeye’s pathetic death-spiral offense (as we would have but for a series of weird and/or stupid penalties on a single “drive” by Cockeye). And the Nebbie QB, Harburg, isn’t much of a passer (though he has a better QB efficiency rating than AK!) but he is a big, mobile, athletic dude. Nebraska is running QB option now and scoring some TDs.
  • I know it silly to say this, but Nebraska needs to lose one more also.
  • I'm not sweating the Northwestern loss that much anymore. Nebraska beat them by 8, not 80. They probably aren't quite as bad as I thought...
  • We very easily could have lost both the Nebraska and Cockeye games, but we didn't so I feel like things have sort of balanced out so far this year.
  • Lots of people forgetting about Nebraska. They're getting better each week. I think they help muddle this up right to the very end.
  • I think Cockeye will lose one; the one I'm worried about is Nebraska.
  • Nebraska will likely lose to either Cockeye or Wisconsin, maybe even Maryland.
  • Nebraska is 5-1 with their new QB. They have quietly become the favorite to win the West.
  • I think Nebraska is playing better lately, but beating Wisconsin and Cockeye in back is probably statistically unlikely.

Colorado

• Nebraska adds 2025 home game w/Houston Christian
  • WTF
  • In Volleyball?
  • Man, I'm totally conflicted. I love to see nebraska lose, but watching Houston Christians get beaten is sublime.
  • And a 44% graduation rate to boot
  • Going for a CFP birth, I see. Houston Christian will come rolling out with mid-matched Air/Schutt Helmets from the 90’s, and BIKE pants with the snap in hip and tailbone pads.
  • Games Like that should NOT count towards the 6 needed for bowl eligibility
  • Don't worry. They still won't make a bowl.
  • They get 8 HOME games and 1 Neutral site game in 2025? WTF
  • Just looking at their schedule they will make a bowl this season. **** them.
  • I wouldn't be so sure. They "should" make a bowl this year but they aren't winning any of their last 3 which means they have to beat both Purdue and Michigan State after beating Northwestern.
  • Do you trust the fuskers to win 3 games in a row no matter who the competition is? Just a question of if they lose to the Boilermakers or the Spartans because they will likely lose one of those.
  • I’m counting on Ryan Walters to not let us down.
  • They better get the next two (Purdue and @MSU) because I don’t think they are beating Maryland and they sure as **** aren’t beating Wisconsin or Cockeye
  • I don't trust Cockeye to win any given game. They are legit terrible on offense.
  • The Lacy decommit is hitting those bitches hard. Hahahahaha.
  • I can explain it! Sometimes there just isn't enough money to live in nebraska and hang out with Matt Rhule.
  • What?! Kids don’t want to play ping pong, eat Runzas, and go be brotherhood with this guy?
  • If you die, you die!
  • The B1G has 2 good teams, perhaps 2-3 decent teams. And then a host of bottom 50 teams. Worst conference!
  • You know, it has been 4722 days since Nebraska beat Colorado
  • purdue really disappointed.
  • That's not going to end well for Walters.
  • Then he’ll fit into Prime’s coaching rehab as either DC or analyst in a few years
  • Would you want to play Nebraska every year?
  • My preference would be a neutral at Mile High every Thanksgiving.
  • No neutral games! They suck ass!
  • No neutral site games, they ruin the college football experience….regular season games belong on college campuses. Especially this rivalry
  • I like playing a home and home every 5 years or so (2 games over a five year span-could be back to back then take 3 years off). Not every year, but often enough to keep the rivalry relevant.
  • CU has no marquee games on its schedule going forward, so yes, it should be every year, on campus, during rivalry week.
  • It's a fun game and a great rivalry, but unless they're in conference, every few years is fine. We shouldn't be tying up one of our 3 non conference games with a yearly rivalry with anyone regardless of who that might be
  • No need for Nubs to invade Denver. All that red at Mile High Stadium and a scheduled Nub night at Coors Field is too much to handle.
  • Every other few years would work. If they don’t want to play us again after we kick their asses in Lincoln, that’s on them.
  • I'd be just fine with never having to deal with them again and let them wither away as an annual bottom 1/4th of their conference team.
  • play.the.game. they hate us as much or more than we hate them.
  • Yearly rivalry games are one of the best things about college football. I'll never hate anyone in the new Big 12 the way I hate Nebraska. Every year on campus. Preferably the day after Thanksgiving. And figure out a way to get it done while Coach Prime is here. The tears would be so delicious!

Michigan

• MGoLawyers: How difficult would it be to leave Big Ten?
  • I ask this because I frankly do not know and I think we need to seriously start looking into this. I know Brian referenced joining the SEC. There is the Grant of Rights issue that ACC teams faced. Does anyone know how prohibitive the Big Ten’s GOR is?
  • Michigan is not going to leave the Big Ten. Just, stop.
  • Three years ago, the notion of USC and UCLA leaving the Pac-12 would have garnered a similar reaction
  • USC and UCLA weren’t making boat loads of cash…
  • Michigan can make boatloads of cash anywhere they go.
  • Boatloads of cash await Michigan wherever we go. My point is simply that conference loyalty is an illusion. The Pac-12's arrogant refusal to appreciate USC's financial importance to the conference led them to bolt with UCLA. Here, the Big Ten appears to be poised to jettison due process and levy an in-season penalty -- potentially threatening a national championship season -- all for an uncompleted investigation that traces back to an Ohio State PI firm. That's outrageous and I think it at least sparks a discussion about whether the Big Ten is the right place to be.
  • The only reason that the B1G is in excellent financial health is because of Michigan
  • Well when they are actively making it a hostile environment…we should be allowed to leave.
  • If it happens going independent will be the best solution … make the teams come grovelling to us for big paydays with our tv contract!!!
  • I am looking forward to playing in the SEC and finally meeting rolldamntide.
  • Optics be dammed. If your conference partners are trying to cut you off at the knee you have to respond. Michigan football is the lifeblood of the B1G
  • We have deep historic ties to the Big Ten, but that doesn't include whatever conference we now have that includes USC, Rutger, Maryland and UCLA. The big doesn't care about historic ties, so why should we?

Purdue

• Purdue at Nebraska DISCUSSION THREAD
  • This is a big one for Purdue, as it is pretty much a must-win if there is going to be a bowl game this season. I do have a good feeling, though.
  • Spread has come all the way down to pick-em. Is someone out for Nebraska? It was 1.5 this morning.
  • They have quite a few people out for this game
  • Great start, a fumble recovery on the kickoff!!!!!!!!
  • Then move backwards the next 2 plays
  • Christ, 3 plays in a row going backwards
  • What a waste of the fumble recovery
  • That possession was a perfect snapshot of the season - smh.
  • This offense is embarrassing. Basically start a drive in field goal range and get 0 points. Graham Harrell ain't it.
  • At least they're moving backwards too
  • Oh man.....Mockobee with another fumble - been a disaster so far on offense. Has to shore that up, obviously.
  • Boilers are just begging us to switch over to the basketball exhibition game I guess.
  • Im hitting the gym. Peace
  • Nebraska doing everything they can to give us a 14 pt lead. We apparently don’t want it.
  • If this defense could get lined up properly they’d be 100% better
  • Why can’t our DEs set the edge against the read option?
  • This football game has to be a violation of the Geneva Convention.
  • Perhaps, but under the Treaty of Wabash, it doesn't apply for any Purdue alumni of more than five years.
  • Umm......hey guys.....there's somebody loose in the secondary/might want to "try" and cover him......could he be more open?
  • This D cannot identify the receivers. The last two TDs there was no one on the receiver. What are they doing in practice?
  • The other bottom Big10 teams, Northwestern and Indiana, put up a fight and score. What does that say for our future?
  • Yep coaching staff sucks. Not even sure we win another game this year after seeing Northwestern beat Maryland and IU able to keep it close with Penn State.
  • I might as well watch the horse racing that just came up on FS2
  • How many sweatshirts is Walters wearing?
  • There have been slants. Several for completions. That’s the only offense we’ve had been successful
  • What an embarrassing first half coming off a bye and absolutely needing a win.
  • How often does Card get sacked on 3rd down?
  • Then block the field goal and Nebraska scores a TD
  • Who is our QB coach. Card has regressed to the point he's probably one of the worst qbs in the B1G.
  • I can’t believe how awful Card is. Just horrendous. Walters is going to have to go back to the portal for a QB
  • They need to pull a Colorado on the offensive side of the ball....Get rid of everyone and get transfers...How much worse can the offense be
  • Can't wait for this game to end so I can have some enjoyment watering the yard.
  • I’d take Tom Allen over this in a heartbeat
  • That’s hilarious, Neb. didn’t even have a return guy for that punt.
  • almost as hilarious as Purdue scoring only 14 pts vs a team w/ 4 turnovers
  • They call a time out to let Nebraska run for a TD up the middle.
  • Finally it’s over.

Michigan State

• So does Leavitt start vs Nebraska?
  • If Leavitt starts MSU wins. 24-20 Houser starts. Huskers 24- MSU-9
  • Doesn't matter who the QB is. We aren't beating anybody with a pulse this season. Everything right now is about building for the future.
  • Who gives a *****. We have two more important issues to deal with, which actually matter.
  • He should but knowing this clown show staff who really knows
  • Nebraska has no more pulse than we do
  • They have 3 more wins and if they beat MSU they are going to a bowl game.
  • 2023 B1G Survivor Pool Week 10. We lost 2 to Maryland and some moran picking Purdue
  • Week 10. Michigan State…Pray for me baby Jesus, teenage Jesus, adult Jesus.
  • Week 10: Michigan State. Harlon says we’re going 4-0 in November! So I’m going down with the Spartans.
  • W10: Victory for MSU
  • Week 10: Michigan State University Spartans Football.
  • WTF, no Nebraska look-alike thread?

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Once again, we live rent-free in Colorado fans heads (yeah, scoreboard). Can't wait for for them to be watching Nebraska at whatever bowl game and they're stuck at home talking about Prime like he's still the 2nd coming.

turek420845

Reaction Whore
Elite Member
  • The only reason that the B1G is in excellent financial health is because of Michigan
  • Well when they are actively making it a hostile environment…we should be allowed to leave.
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Toe

Wide Receiver
Holy shit, Michigan fans are really in denial, ain't they?

(That joke works better with sound, but whatever.)

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
  • MGoLawyers: How difficult would it be to leave Big Ten?
  • I ask this because I frankly do not know and I think we need to seriously start looking into this. I know Brian referenced joining the SEC. There is the Grant of Rights issue that ACC teams faced. Does anyone know how prohibitive the Big Ten’s GOR is?
  • Michigan is not going to leave the Big Ten. Just, stop.
  • Three years ago, the notion of USC and UCLA leaving the Pac-12 would have garnered a similar reaction
  • USC and UCLA weren’t making boat loads of cash…
  • Michigan can make boatloads of cash anywhere they go.
  • Boatloads of cash await Michigan wherever we go. My point is simply that conference loyalty is an illusion. The Pac-12's arrogant refusal to appreciate USC's financial importance to the conference led them to bolt with UCLA. Here, the Big Ten appears to be poised to jettison due process and levy an in-season penalty -- potentially threatening a national championship season -- all for an uncompleted investigation that traces back to an Ohio State PI firm. That's outrageous and I think it at least sparks a discussion about whether the Big Ten is the right place to be.
  • If it happens going independent will be the best solution … make the teams come grovelling to us for big paydays with our tv contract!!!
  • I am looking forward to playing in the SEC and finally meeting rolldamntide.
  • Optics be dammed. If your conference partners are trying to cut you off at the knee you have to respond. Michigan football is the lifeblood of the B1G
  • We have deep historic ties to the Big Ten, but that doesn't include whatever conference we now have that includes USC, Rutger, Maryland and UCLA. The big doesn't care about historic ties, so why should we?
That is possibly the highest level of arrogance I have ever seen.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I know the SEC made its bones by cheating, but I don’t think “hey, we have to leave our conference because they don’t want us to know all of our opponents’ plays before they run them, but you’d be cool with that, right? (Totally unrelated, but can we pre-book one 50-yard line seat on each side of the stadium for every game on all of your schedules?)” is a home run sales pitch.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Had to share what someone posted on TalknDawgs today in response to Rhule’s speech:

I know a lot of college coaches… have no idea how many colleges I have visited, college camps and mega camps that I’ve attended… and certainly couldn’t tell you how many college coaches have visited our high school campus or practices….

But I honestly can’t think of another coach that I have been more impressed with than Coach Rhule.

I never thought he would be successful in the NFL and I was disappointed when he took the Carolina job (but certainly understand why he did)… Coach Rhule was put on this earth to help lead young men.

I don’t believe Coach Rhule can get the Nebraska program back to its glory years… no one could… but I absolutely believe he can get Nebraska back on the National stage.

LOVED THAT SPEECH

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds