Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What the B1G is Saying? Illinois Week (1 Viewer)

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
Utah

• Our Loss
  • Might be an unpopular opinion, but I think all the other 3 top PAC-12 teams lose that game.
  • Just been looking at this as a bright spot for us Utes, been an absurd amount of negativity on here
  • There are a lot of chicken littles out there. The sky is not falling, got a few cracks in it, most teams do.
  • I get that losing to OSU is not bad. However what is bad is five games of pathetic offense. Good thing we have a great D.
  • New AP Poll
  • We dropped to #18. I think this is a generous ranking given our loss and injuries.
  • Considering Utah is 122nd in offense, being ranked at all is generous.
  • We are not a top 25 team at this point with the current offense we have.

Kansas

• Disappointment, not discouraged
  • We are on the verge of potentially the best decade for KU football in school history
  • I don't know what you could have realistically expected out of the defense - they bent but didn't break for almost three straight quarters with maybe ten minutes of total rest.
  • We go into the half with the lead if Daniels is in.
  • NU planning $450M stadium renovation
  • The biggest improvement for students? Moving them out of the southeast corner and to the...south endzone. Crazy that a program like Nebraska doesn't have its student section behind the opponent bench.
  • With their fans still thinking it's the 90s and willing to pay top dollar, not surprising they regulate the students to the end zone.
  • For being a historic program, their Memorial is pretty underwhelming. They tried to cram as many seats in their as they could and leaves for a meh kind of experience.
  • It's been years since I've attended a game at their Memorial Stadium. But there were then a significant # of seats with terrible sight lines.
  • The rows are very narrow. Not ideal for the average Nebraskan.
  • Nice investment for a volleyball school……
  • They are reducing seating by about 10,000
  • Getting desperate trying to keep their sellout streak alive.
  • No need to spend money on a trophy case
  • They could reduce capacity by 10,000 by just allowing enough room for each Nebraska-sized derriere.

LSU

• What baffles me so much about the AD and this hire
  • Why in the hell we paid so much for a coach who has not won shite
  • Who else would you wanna get who has won?
  • We lost our edge
  • Kelly is clueless on how to fix this
  • We have a $100 million dollar coach that doesn’t seem to know
  • How would you do it as a 0 dollar coach?
  • Sorry but BK is a failure
  • Making last year look like an anomaly, didn’t even finish last year strong got blown out twice.
  • Recruiting is meh, players aren’t bought in and staff is mediocre. He can replace house but he still sucks at recruiting
  • Media needs to turn up the heat. No more Mr. Nice guy bull shite. Ask some tough questions.
  • The poor clock management was not something I expected from a guy with his experience.
  • I’m not ready to say that but he has to make major changes to his staff (and they need to be excellent)
  • We were top 5 and may finish outside the top 25. We didn't set the expectations. He's failing in year 2 across the board

Florida

• Napier says Gators on right track, no changes afoot
  • Sadly, Billy is In over his head
  • I remember when Urban lost to LSU in his first year with Chris Leak. He huddled up with his coaches and completely retooled the offense.
  • Is Billy clueless?
  • If he will not make offseason changes, then he will 100% fail here.
  • He’s just not a smart individual
  • Does Captain Details actually think this is the first bad performance he's had?
  • If we were to hire a new coach
  • Give me Dan Lanning from Oregon
  • He has a 20 million dollar buyout if he leaves Oregon before 2028.
  • There are quite a few great looking candidates in the next coaching pool
  • We need Urban Meyer!
  • He would absolutely leave Oregon for any major SEC job
  • The last 4 coaches we hired were the same kind of guys who should’ve landed at Vanderbilt for their first big SEC job.
  • I love how a poster named InBillyWeTrust started a thread about hiring a new coach
  • Napier being a hot name is a complete fiction. Nobody talked about!

USC

• Washington, Oregon and Utah will beat USC unless…
  • LR messed up big time by keeping Donte and Grinch. I put Donte first because he doesn’t know anything about coaching.
  • Can USC outscore Grinch?
  • We will lose 4 games this year
  • 2nd half seizures
  • Why does our offense die too?
  • Donte’s recruiting credible is gone
  • 30-Point Grinch is back. He's done
  • Can we fire Grinch now? It’s not getting better
  • CO is highschool level and we are still making mistakes almost every play.
  • The Grinch who stole the USC defense

Indiana

• Pat Fitzgerald
  • Literally the guy who knows how to do more with less. He should be call #1 if we actually do get a change
  • I would start search with the Oregon State and Washington State coaches. Both are doing more with less and will be in the PAC 2 next year.
  • Here’s the deal about getting an up and comer. They’ll never stay if they have success. That’s why I like Fitz.
  • Fitz' sons are going to be Cockeye Cockeyes. When and if the Fitz hazing situation is resolved, and predicated on the outcome, Fitz has met w/ Cockeye football..he will succeed KF.
  • Tom Allen Era must end
  • Michael Penix is probably going to win the Heisman trophy this year and Tom Allen could not win with him
  • Allen did win with Penix. The problem was he couldn't stay healthy. Penix is obviously a special talent.

Penn State

• Other games of the day
  • Nebraska is garbage, down 14 to UM in 1st.
  • They are but Michigan's really really good.
  • They are about as good as us. Slow starts this season but not today. Wilson catch was incredible. He is a solid weapon.
  • Michigan and Nebraska would probably be tied if it wasn't for the B10 ref conspiracy.
  • Nebraska fans are a special case.
  • Many of them remember Nebraska being the best program in the country. Now they struggle to win more than 3 games.
  • That’s a long way to fall.

Cockeye

• Brian, you are killing independent George!
  • Brian, you have no idea of the magnitude of this thing. Without good Hawkeye football, I’ll have to spend Saturday’s with my wife. If she is allowed to infiltrate this world, then Hawkeye football George as you know him, ceases to exist! You see, right now, I have Relationship George, but there is also Independent Hawkeye George. That's the George you know, the George that watches Hawkeye football with the boys; the George that has Hayden’s framed picture.- Movie George, Coffee shop George, Liar George, Bawdy George. If Relationship George walks through this door, he will Kill Independent George! Hawkeye football has to be good; has to be competitive! And to be competitive, we have to score points! A George, divided against itself, Cannot Stand!
  • Our offense is like Frank Costanza: it stops short!
  • Along these lines, this Cockeye “offense” is about enough to drive this guy down to Del Boca Vista for good.
  • Excellent post from someone who loved Seinfeld
  • Yep, this was gold, Jerry. Gold!
  • SIAP: Cade coming back next fall!!!

Michigan State

• Urban Meyer update - downgraded to zero interest - Bruce Feldman
  • How do u reconcile being Pro-Meyer and Anti-Mel with integrity
  • Tom Izzo ready and willing to assist with Michigan State football coaching search
  • MSU MUST hire a big-name, proven winner to fix this mess ASAP...
  • Deion Sanders come on down
  • Hotel Room Damage Question
  • Maybe Mel Tugger had the room before you and shattered the window by skeeting a huge load at it.
  • Is MSU’s Current Coach List Too MAC-Level?
  • What about Chip Kelly???
  • No one talking Lane Kiffen?!

Purdue

• University of Nebraska
  • Just announced a $450 million stadium renovation.
  • Just announced budget issues and a hiring freeze.
  • Thought Auburn got him
  • They’ve always had straight priorities!
  • Guessing two different entities like at Purdue. Education vs Athletics.
  • I appreciate the common sense approach on the education side to halt expenses. I wish our clown of US Pres or VP would follow.
  • OT: Illinois -3.5 versus Nebraska
  • I’ll admit with coaching I haven’t followed other games that closely, but is Nebraska that bad??
  • I hope so.
  • We play Nebraska a day after Taylor Swift's new album drops and are 0-8 in football and basketball the week following a new release from her. It would be nice to break that skid while keeping the current trend vs Neb going.
  • They can't score. Indiana's offense ranks 13th in the B1G right now. I'll give you one chance to guess who is 14th.
  • Illinois sucky sucky long time. I'm kinda shocked at this spread too.
  • I think Nebraska could have some success on the ground again Illinois.
  • Nebraska - bad feeling about this particular team in Lincoln, but Rhule may have gotten Frost bitten on his way out. Have seen some truly head scratching stuff out of them.
  • You feeling worse about Nebraska than Cockeye is more of that Nebraska 90s thing. They are dogshit and Cockeye has a lot of talent

Northwestern

• Howard this week and then we kick Nebraska’s ass
  • The Huskers are hot garbage.
  • How sad it must be for those fans.
  • Beat Howard and then the Nebraska game is an important and meaningful game in October. Lots to play for.
  • Nebraska is the 2nd easiest game on the schedule

Minnesota

• Michigan blew the doors off Nebraska.
  • They look like a No. 2 Team in the country. They are in a different planet.
  • Michigan is no joke.
  • I’m starting to worry that Michigan might be a more talented team than we are
  • Given that we won a near-miracle squeaker against this poor Nebby team does not give me great confidence for our chances against big blue.
  • B1G Power Rankings: Minnesota is 9th
  • Nebraska is 11th
  • Nebraska should be 12th if that
  • Everyone from 8-13 are equally as flawed
  • Wisconsin getting overhyped in the preseason is becoming an annual tradition.
  • They’re the new Nebraska
  • If Minnesota can defeat Michigan on Saturday, all the whispers regarding Fleck’s future will dissipate.

Colorado

• I think reality is starting to sink in for some of them. Yesterday I was in a conference call with a guy who I believed to be a die hard fusker. At the end of the call he says “well, I guess “Go Buffs”, because I really don’t have anybody else to root for”.
  • Boo hoo! Hard to feel sorry for them
  • Husker fan begging the AD not to get rid of the troughs at Memorial Stadium.
  • ESPN ticker used one of my favorite words: “Precise McCarthy BLUDGEONS Nebraska”
  • The only thing that sucks is that Nebraska has the easiest schedule on earth this year, so they can likely get to a bowl.
  • The Big10 is likely the weakest overall conference in Football
  • Cornfucks have a pretty good recruiting class, but prime is going to run circles around rhule in the transfer portal. don't see any way they beat us next year.
  • As much as I hate NU, I’d love to see them back in the Big 12 with us
  • Agreed. The NU-CU rivalry was something to look forward to each year. I wonder if NU would give up all the big 10 money in order to be part of the big 12?
  • Buffet lost money on the Colorado/Cornfuck game
  • It's kinda hard not to like Buffett, even he is a Nub.
  • Nub fans gotta be pissed that he hasn't Phil Knight'ed them.
  • He's known for not be one to waste money.

Michigan

• Michigan at Nebraska Open Thread 3:30 PM Fox
  • Saw a tweet that it's 130 degrees on the field in Lincoln. Might be one of the hottest games that Michigan will ever play in.
  • 130 degrees??? Does anyone know, is there a heat index where games are too dangerous for the players?
  • Is not 130. More fake news. 95 degrees with low humidity. Avant said it's the coolest 95 he's ever felt.
  • Still a gold bar infomercial, sadly.
  • Why invest your money when you can buy these gold coins!! I’m glad I tuned in because this will apparently change my life!
  • I thought the new clock rules were put in place to shorten the games?
    Or hear me out, maybe it was to expose us to more Wendy’s commercials?
  • That Nebraska guy went down in a heap and holding his knee; not good.
  • Nebraska's inside just got moved 2 yards on that run. Like to see it.
  • Great catch Roman, The Flying Hawaiian !
  • Maybe the best catch I've seen out of a UM receiver in my life. Just a crazy catch.
  • Fat guy interception!
  • When does Michigan play a team with a pulse this year?
  • Is Scott Frost secretly coaching this game?
  • I hope the stadium has to start chanting “Bring back Frost, Bring back Frost!”
  • Looks like Matt Rhule thinks he's 23 years old
  • Isn't the OOC schedule done already?
  • I don't care how bad Nebraska is, Lincoln is always a tough place to play.
  • Is Nebraska really this bad? Because we look fucking outstanding
  • Fidone on camera having words with JJ 👀 Cmon to AA next year Thomas to battle for that TE #2 spot alongside Loveland
  • OK, now I can enjoy the win without feeling bad for Nebraska fans, they finally scored
  • Missed a chance for history there. Nebraska last shut out at home in 1968. Everybody ate today though.
  • Complete and total domination. Foot firmly planted on neck from the first drive to the last. This is an impressive win today.

Illinois

• Illinois vs Nebraska, Friday, October 6th, 7:00pm CT, FS1
  • I might go fishing instead…
  • No thanks
  • This could be the game who decides the worst team in the west
  • Northwestern will have something to say about that.
  • We need to regroup and not lose the season at the half way point
  • We will have a good game. Don’t give up - ever.
  • Nebraska may be favored? By 10 I predict
  • I've decided to touch grass instead of subject myself to the Rollercoaster of emotion that is football.
  • I'm going to watch my Fighting Illini. Let's get to a bowl.
  • Watching Illinois football is getting tougher and tougher.
  • How many fans will be in the seats against Nebby? Maybe more Nebby fans than Illini fans.
  • The ‘Good’: SOMEone is going to get a win! The Bad: Both programs are not even close to where they want to be.
  • Not yet sure how I see this one playing out. But it appears that the NEB defense is one unit playing semi-decent football.
  • I think we will win this one but not a blowout. More like 24-10 or 24-14, something like that.
  • Nebraska's defense has looked good and quite active this season. Their offense has also looked much improved after the QB change. Overall, I think they're a better team than Purdue
  • The team that does the fewest stupid things will likely win the game. I'm not confident that will be us.
  • Illlinois is actually favored in this game…
  • Nebraska is certainly no Georgia, but this feels like easy money.
  • Through 5 games we have lost against the spread by an average of 11.5 pts per game
  • Bears Thursday, Illini Friday. That could be a painful way to start the weekend.
  • Matt Rhule reminds me of Beckman
  • Maybe by Friday I'll have more optimism but it's Monday and I'm not.
  • The Illini will continue their game strategy to lose by committing 8 more penalties but will add 2 interceptions and a fumble to assure another losing effort! Huskers 35-Illini-10
  • So reading between the lines I sense not too many expect a turnaround on Friday. Anyone remember the old SNL sketch about the therapeutic properties of "Lowered expectations "?
  • Not a very high confidence level in my pick this week, but since I initially thought the Huskers would be favored in the game, I guess I should at least take them to cover, and probably to also win 27-10
  • We will win this one.
  • That's your prediction every game lol
  • It’s the only time I can say it lol. I’m always hopeful.
  • Nebraska wins 31-13….in see a pattern here.
  • Overall, not very hopeful to beat this bad Nebraska team as we've been consistently worse this year. I’ll say 28-20.
  • Illinois wins 17-15
  • Likely yet another sloppy demolition derby where the least crappy team squeaks out a win. Tough to predict.
  • Last week we gave the Purdon't coach his first B1G win, maybe this week we can give Nebby their first B1G win.... We should at least be rewarded for all the gifts we've been giving out...
  • Illinois wins 27-14 fellas
  • One troubled team is going to take a step toward redemption while the other will sink deeper into a pit of despair.
  • Correct me if I’m wrong, but we haven’t lost to Nebraska in either football or basketball in the 2020’s. I say we keep that streak going.
  • I would give ANYTHING for our fan base to have the passion of Nebraska's ... this has also been "propped up" by donors being huge swathes of tickets for several years, just to keep the streak going.
  • I have a conditional prediction: if the Bears win tonight, the Illini will win Friday.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
Colorado
  • Husker fan begging the AD not to get rid of the troughs at Memorial Stadium.
Creeping Parks And Recreation GIF

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds