Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What the B1G is Saying? (Battle of the NU Week) (1 Viewer)

Mr.Bojangles

Offensive Lineman
Miami

• If not Mario, then who??
  • I have stated on this board numerous times I want Mario to succeed and I think he needs a legit 4 years to truly be evaluated. Jim Harbaugh got 7 years at Michigan before they became what they are today.
  • Is he our Ron Zook? Building a great talented roster for the next coach to take to the next level? Perhaps.
  • Time to commit... [to Mario]
  • Now is not the time to dessert this talent but they need to know we are behind them 100%. IT'S GREAT TO BE A MIAMI HURRICANE!
  • Iā€™m committing to dinner.
  • I keep saying.. the C Mob ainā€™t getting rid of their own,. So those that want Mario gone, is wasting time and energy..
  • This season is back to pre season expectations. We came off a 5-7 season. Literally bowl eligibility alone is an improvement.
  • We didnt get that last year in the bump class. idk if well get top 5 classes but well get top 10 im certain of w Mario.
  • 7-8 wins this season and I'd be happy. 9+ next year and we're on the right track.

Louisville

• Big Ten Internal Expansion List
  • Miami is interesting because theyā€™re an AAU Tier 1 research university. I think they might be a fit for the Big Ten for their academics.
  • College sports is being destroyed.
  • Write off the B1G for UofL. Academic profile isnā€™t what they want. UaKay would fight tooth (their only tooth) and nail to keep us out of the $EC. That leaves a reconstituted ACC or B12.
  • Is it basketball season yet?
  • Iā€™m already tired of this shit. Coach gonna play a walking F-up at QB, and call pass plays when youā€™re getting 5 yards a run.
  • I think the cards are still in contention for a major bowl game if they are willing to make a change at qb.
  • Get a serviceable QB in there that doesnā€™t beat you, and Louisville can win maybe 9 or 10 games
  • Jesus dude, we are still 6-1!
  • Almost lost 3 games to lesser competition, then did lose to a woeful Pitt. We have the toughest part of our schedule ahead of us. Like the zen masters says ā€œweā€™ll seeā€
  • That sounds like somebody that wants us to lose. Is that you?
  • The team has played to its competition - either up as in the case with ND or, down as in the case of the majority of the other opponents

Washington State

• I Wonder how close we were to getting Kalen DeBoer
  • I'm not trying to shit on DeBoer or Pete or anyone else who had success at UW, but a chimp with a clipboard should be able to get 9 wins out of those rosters every year
  • Once Penix is gone, they are back to being irrelevant.
  • QB's are gonna line up to play for him.
  • I do think the UW program reaches its peak this year for the next 20 years or more. As longs as the UW recruits, and spends money like Texas A&M, I'll be OK with it. They'll find another QB in the portal, but they won't find another Penix
  • How did we beat Oregon State and Wisconsin?
  • It almost seems like this is two different seasons. A completely different team before the bye week.

Kentucky

• We need to hire Urban Meyer
  • Urban Meyer is the lowest form of life on this planet. The fact that you'd rather have him as a coach than Stoops and that you'd type all that up there to say so is an indictment of your personal character. I genuinely hope you're not a parent.
  • We would all change our tune on judging Urban Meyer if he became coach here - or at least 90% of us would. Either way - it would be highly improbable to ever happen.
  • Urban is a mental head case that brings disaster as a price for temporary greatness.
  • So he's basically John Calipari?
  • Meyer is too good a coach to settle for UK.
  • Urban makes Bobby Pretino and Rick Pitino look like good Christian men.
  • Stoops really doesnā€™t care
  • Not happy with the results....but Stoops does care and hates to lose.
  • Before Stoops got here, Football was just something to kind of watch till basketball got here
  • Who Would You Replace Stoops With?
  • A lot of people wouldnā€™t want me UK jobā€¦Be careful what you wish for
  • For $9 million, there would be interest. Obviously they would not start at $9, but UK isnā€™t afraid to pay a good coach and his staff.
  • Marrow isn't very highly thought of by UK fans here, mainly I think because of his Ohio connection. If for whatever reason Stoops leaves, would Marrow be given an opportunity?
  • Dion Sanders would obviously be the first choice. The second choice would be the Minnesota head coach. There are up and coming guys that could do better and recruit well at an SEC level. Stoops hasn't done that here.
  • Not sure Fleck survives Minnesota much longer. Has already lost 3 this year, including a recent loss to lowly Northwestern
  • Lol, Deion Sanders is not coming to Kentucky and you all are insane to even be discussing this. Mark Stoops is the best coach UKs ever had.
  • Kalen DeBoer from Washington. UK pays Stoops $9 million a year. If this hypothetical new coach got a similar contract, thereā€™s a long list of candidates that would answer that phone call.

USC

• Fire Everyone!
  • OK hereā€™s the deal. Iā€™d be all in with getting fired if I had a buyout like Ed Orgeron.
  • Iā€™d be begging to get fired if I had Jimbo Fisherā€™s. All I got.
  • Fire Simmons?
  • I feel like nobody has talked about how bad Simmons has been as WR coach. Nearly every Receiver has under performed.
  • Lincoln riley wonā€™t fire his friendsā€¦
  • Theyā€™ve only been trying to put this together for 1.5 seasons here. He canā€™t just go firing everybody.
  • USC overpaid for all its coaches
  • Oregon State and Utah have better coaching staffs and both paid a heck of a lot less than USC.
  • Oregon State may be ranked higher than us come Monday with a roster of 2 and 3 stars. That is coaching. Imagine what they could do with the recruits USC is getting
  • We still have plenty of 3 stars tooā€¦ we arenā€™t Ohio state, Clemson, Bama, or Georgia.

Indiana

• Who can IU beat in the conference?
  • I donā€™t see IU winning a conference football game this year and definitely not next year with Oregon, Washington, USC joining.
  • I hate Purdue. But they are much better. And the game is @ Purdue.
  • IU been outscored 119-27 in three B10 games
  • IU is #14 in the conference and itā€™s a very distant #14. IU wouldnā€™t win right now in the MAC. Who are people kidding?
  • Tom Allen is inflicting the death penalty on this program
  • The next head coach will inherit a nuclear wasteland when Tommy Boy is finally fired next December. This is SMU in the late 1980s all over again.
  • Great opportunity to look for a new conference. Iā€™m a huge proponent of that. We are in the wrong conference. Way above our rent district. Complete mismatch of IU being in the Big Ten. No way should IU be in this conference. Might as well have Indiana State in here instead. Get out now when they can!
  • Rooting for Penix is like rooting for your ex-wife in Miss America type contest
  • To begin with it is the "Miss" America pageant so an ex-wife would be disqualified.
  • I would never begrudge a kid for leaving this dumpster fire.He put his life on the line every time he walked on the field behind that OL.
  • He may well be the Heisman winner..
  • But I'll stand by he's fragile.. He got a few times yesterday.And not that hard.
  • A lot of our fans were glad when Penix left because they were convinced Tuttle would be better. Yeah, how's that working out?

Wisconsin

• End of the Luke #2ndChoice Era
  • I've seen enough. This team is poorly coached and not getting better.
  • Iā€™m a ā€œcareful what you wish forā€ guy changing regimes because itā€™s a risk to play this style of football geographically in Wisconsin.
  • He has to know he has to win or there is no osu job. Imho Tressel is seriously not good.
  • Chryst was awfully close to the CFB a couple of times and DID go Cotton-Orange-Rose. Call me when TEAM #2ndChoice / Air Short-o gets a sniff of that.
  • What was #2ndChoice's record in year one at Cincinnati? 3-9, or something like that, wasn't it?
  • Just fire the football program, canā€™t suck if you donā€™t have one!
  • Cockeye showcased their ā€œPunt Raidā€ offense and how to beat an Air Raid
  • This program was left in worse shape than many realized. The future is, at least, looking much brighter given the recruiting we are now (finally) doing and commitments we are getting.
  • Nothing stranger than seeing ā€œLuke #2ndChoice era has begunā€ and ā€œEnd the Luke #2ndChoice eraā€ threads both on page 1 at the same time.
  • Well "Luke #2ndChoice to Ohio State" seems less and less imminent
  • I wish they would have kept Chryst. He was a believer in being 100% transparent all the time. Constantly full of information. Plus, he was from Wisconsin. I miss him.
  • Clay Helton (46-24), Ed Orgeron (51-20), Gus Malzahn (68-35), Manny Diaz (21-15) and Dan Mullen (34-15) are some guys from the last few cycles to get canned with a winning record. .
  • If we lose 34-10 to Illinois and get dominated on both sides of the ball, that will be the final straw for me.

Michigan State

• B1G survivor pool
  • Betting Nebraska knocks me out of this thing for the the third straight year
  • Looks like we are all going down with Nebraska
  • So I Just Asked Out This Beautiful Girl On A Date.... And she replied that she has absolutely no interest in me and told me to get lost.
  • Whatā€™s worse: our football team or the Zach Braff commercial?
  • Best airfare to Thailand?
  • Ross Els
  • Heā€™s the single worst coach MSU has ever had at any position ever.
  • I don't understand why we just cant have a GA coach special teams
  • He makes $575,000 a year
  • Fire Els now. Let him find his own way back to East Lansing.
  • Fire Els tomorrow. Either put Dantonio in as special teams coordinator or find the smartest GA on the team and give him a shot
  • Wish I could get paid 500k to suck a$$ this bad
  • This team would be 5-0 with all of UGA's players and coaches

Minnesota

• Gophers vs. Cockeye matches lowest O/U of all time (31.5)
  • I would take the under. But I don't gamble.
  • Trap bet. Don't touch.
  • The fact our OC is pictures next to their OC is concerning.
  • I donā€™t know why itā€™s so low.
  • This past Saturday, the Cockeye qb Hill threw for 37 yards for the game. The Missouri punter had 39 passing yards one 1 fake punt attempt.
  • Cockeye's defense may outscore both of the offenses combined.
  • Cockeye should have everyone beat on this one. Through 7 games they have punted 47 times. The next highest in the conference has 33.
  • In my opinion, 6-3 can win the West this year
  • Nebraska has taken the Heroes Trophy game with Cockeye very seriously. The last five have all been very competitive, and they finally got one last year (about the only thing to hang their hat on). Hopefully Rhule will pull another one out, giving Cockeye only the Wisc trophy of their three!

Colorado

• How have we not pushed this Ralphie through the portal? Sheā€™s terrible. Get a new one. Canā€™t be hard
  • We can give her to ND St for canceling that stupid game next year
  • Maybe she's feeling left out. How about getting her a large gold chain, or some silver Nike hoof covers.
  • Fusker fans are annoying right now
  • Prime still owns Rhule
  • Wonder how much they are going to love him after a couple more years without bowl appearances?
  • Colorado vs Stanford Thread
  • Fwiw ESPN FPI has us winning 80.9% and some other site was like 75%
  • Play a clean game, get up early, and run that clock by pounding the rock. Put it to bed by 11:00pm.
  • On the east coast. My dads birthday. This kickoff time is ridiculous. Weā€™re all going to bed.
  • The amount of cameras around the team during pregame is wild.
  • Anyone else at the game feel the atmosphere is just a bit off already?
  • Iā€™m excited for a complete game tonight.
  • Stanford really gonna only rush three all night??
  • How awesome is this fellow Buffs? This is what next year will look like every game!
  • This game is already going to give fUcla a lot to think about
  • Seems too easilyā€¦am I in an alternative dimension?
  • So this is what it was like to watch any other team playing Colorado the last 20 years.
  • Best start since TCU. Team got the message this week.
  • I am just in shock that we are beating an awful team this badly
  • I love Primeā€™s vest. That will look great on me while golfing.
  • We are the nation...of domination
  • Stanford is bad
  • This is the type of offense we can have all the time if we have a decent OL
  • Mark Jones just now: "Stanford in trouble...."
  • This game's over. The question is does Stanford score? I will say this-getting a shutout here (I know Stanford is absolute ass) might be a great confidence builder for this defense. These kids are seeing they are capable of dominating somebody.
  • Hilarious to see Coach Prime gear being sold at Michigan State.
  • When was the last game where we had a chance to play 2nd string in the second halt---at halftime?
  • Our offense is going to produce multiple heisman candidates over the next few years
  • Refs taking over the second half
  • Okay, it might be a holding, but there are tons of actions like that on Stanford that the ref is not calling.
  • Ok time to wake up again
  • Wake the **** up
  • Team needs a fire lit under it's ass AGAIN
  • Playing a full 4-quarter game at risk now.
  • Buffs are going to have to score another TD. Wouldn't have thought so about fifteen minutes ago.
  • WTF is going on? Unbelievable.
  • Are you ****ing kidding me? Embarrassing
  • And now the defense is collapsing like feta cheese
  • Good lord. We gonna win but damn.
  • WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT PLAYCALL?
  • Fvck this entire OLine. They can all go in the offseason
  • All of a sudden weā€™re the bad news bears
  • Just wow. Iā€™m stunned at how Lewis is choking right now with calls.
  • What the hell is happening, damn it
  • That was stupid arrogant coaching decisions right there
  • Prime yells ā€œGo for itā€ with ZERO momentum. Sack..Fuck
  • Prime is coaching like shyt right now
  • It's the 4th quarter. It's at least the time we play good. The 3rd was a joke
  • Are you ****ing kidding me?
  • JESUS F'N CHRIST
  • Could've held them to 3 and now they're about to score a ****ing TD
  • Hunter is killing this team with terrible play at corner and a horrible, unnecessary 15 yard penalty.
  • Who is responsible for putting players on the field? Pathetic
  • This is unacceptable and pathetic
  • Good god, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever watched a more undisciplined team in my life.
  • Hunter is playing like absolute garbage on D.
  • This will be the worst loss in program history if they don't figure it out. I don't think that's an exaggeration given the opponent and the circumstances.
  • I hate to say this after the first half start but we donā€™t deserve to win this game
  • What a horribly coached team
  • 26 unanswered points, can't get lined up, over a dozen penalties tonight
  • lol at you all thinking we will lose. No. We're not. Not even worried.
  • I have officially removed myself from the family to watch the last quarter of this game. The dog followed me. She is such a sweet girl.
  • Nice work, Travis! Crazy idea though, maybe letā€™s not make the kid play 95% of the snaps. This isnā€™t a great strategy.
  • Man how emotionless Prime seems drives me nuts.
  • Travis gave up 13 points and potentially up to 21 points on D.
  • What in the absolute **** was that!!!!
  • I simply canā€™t believe the incompetence of our coaching on ST.
  • Students left the building at the half. I should have as well
  • Prime is allowing this to happen
  • Get. Travis. Off. Defense.
  • Prime is the leader of the team, he owns the results for better or worse.
  • This is madness. I simply canā€™t understand how our HOF CB head coach is allowing our CBs to give up this shit
  • This is 100% Primeā€¦Do not blame the playersā€¦Best first half everā€¦.Absolutely no plan or leadership on how to play with the leadā€¦That is all Prime
  • It was 29-0 at halftimeā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.
  • It's not easy to give up 5 touchdowns in a half without a turnover or special teams contribution to it.
  • Still gonna win and make some changes in the secondary.
  • There should be players and coaches crying during film session tomorrow.
  • Shedeur once again has to put on the cape. This would possibly be an 0-12 team without him.
  • I canā€™t believe this defense is going to be asked to win the game
  • That's it. Huge loss
  • 2nd Worst coaching in a half of football EVER. 100% on Prime, Lewis, and Kelly
  • LOL Prime and the Buffs thought getting smoke by Oregon was an embarrassing wake up call and yet here we are up 29 on a not good at all Stanford team going to OT
  • One score in the second half is awful. Complete collapse from both sides of the ball in the second half
  • Why offense first??! Dammit.
  • Why do we mess up the OT coin toss?
  • Damn morons taking the ball first again. BS move
  • Why the **** are we playing offense first in OT
  • Prime looking cardboard tonight
  • Why would Travis have his head turned and then not play the ball...
  • Prime looks sleepy
  • Pac12 refsā€¦Prime pissed them off
  • Welp, weā€™re gonna lose this one and Charles Kelly should lose his job.
  • Firings have to take place
  • Adios bowl eligibility
  • Just an inexcusable game all around. Serious accountability needed
  • I can't believe what I'm watching.
  • Everything needs to be reevaluated by Prime. Everything and everyone
  • Prime went full Hawkins in year 1. Yikes.
  • 100% PRIME Sorry, I love him so much, but he better take every ounce of blameā€¦Every drop of blame
  • Well, no bowl game and a losing record now. Trash performance
  • This team is not good, yā€™all. Not sure how we were all duped.
  • Worst loss I've ever seen.
  • This team loves the smell of its own hype.
  • Hello darkness my old friendā€¦I donā€™t see 6 wins.
  • Gawd that sucked. Look within coaching staff. You keep playing with fire you get burned. Not a good job tonight.
  • Exactly why you donā€™t ****ing choose offense in OT. One of a million awful coaching errors.
  • This loss is squarely on the staff. Period.
  • This is as bad as the Kansas loss that got Dan Hawkins fired.
  • One of the worst 2nd half performances in the history of CU football.
  • I need to be offline for a while. I'm not in a good place and don't want to say something I'll regret.
  • Turns out the coaching staff relying on two players to win them the game every week is bad strategy.
  • 46 F.... pointsā€¦In the 2nd half! To Stanford!!!
  • No bowl, just lost some recruits interest, 5430 what - donations dwindle. Just TRASH!!!
  • **** prime. He can recruit, but sucks ass as a ****ing coach
  • Shine is off. **** yo watch
  • Buffs gonna buff.
  • Twitter will be brutal. We are laughing stock right now
  • So none of the staff shook hands with Stanford? If so, that's ****ing embarrassing
  • As if they would hire Deon, SEC has 0 black coaches for a reason...
  • Prime is not your traditional coach. He expects his players to figure **** out and make the plays.

Northwestern

• Nebraska double digit favorite
  • Seeing between 10-12.5 points. A little surprising. We are not great but neither are they
  • I do think the improvement Nebraska showed two weeks ago is real
  • It probably comes down to the fact that they run the ball well and we don't defend it well and conversely they have a great run defense so we will have to rely on passing. If they put pressure on our quarterback we are in big trouble. 10-point spread is reasonable unfortunately.
  • I think a lot of Nebraska fans were surprised at the line as well. History alone shows us this line should never be more than a TD as the game is always close. Always an entertaining fun game.
  • Sadly, I foresee a score/game much like our loss to rutgers. Our weaknesses just happen to be nebbys strengths....
  • If only we could play them in Dublin....
  • I will be in Lincoln, hoping Jordan Westerkamp no longer plays for the Huskers. Loved visiting Lincoln, last time, despite the outcome of the game. Great place for a football weekend.
  • Lincoln is a nice town
  • NU @ UNL Prediction Thread
  • Cats beat their only common opponent, Minnesota, to whom the Cornhuskers lost.
  • Unfortunately our OL won't be able to protect Bryant or Sully. Their DL stops our RBs and their mobile QB gives us fits They. 35 We. 10
  • UN-L 45..NU 0 - hope Iā€™m wrong
  • Cats 24 Corn 21
  • UNL 38 - NU 7
  • Damn, some of you are predicting a blowout!!!! I can see us losing, but it should be a good game, but if it is not there will be no bowling for the Cat's again this year. No score prediction this week as I don't know if Bryant is going to play. We just need to win baby!!!!!!!!!
  • Cats 3-2 - Corndogs get a safety early and NU gets a long field goal late
  • We keep the N. They keep the L
  • Them 31 Us 14
  • Cats can't stop the run, which is already the Huskers strength. And when the script is flipped, the opposite is true.
  • Big Red - 38 Purple - 10
  • Without Bryant UNL 27 NU 10
  • With Bryant NU 31 UNL 27
  • Nebraska 35 Northwestern 10
  • The defense isn't really all that. Never understood the amount of love the defense has been getting in here.
Ha Colorado prime still owns Rhule. šŸ¤£ After one game that they struggled with for 3 quarters.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds