Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What the B1G is Saying? Bye Felicia Week (1 Viewer)

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
Kentucky

• Caller Delivers Some Sobering News to Stoops
  • Mark Stoops was asked tonight about only winning two SEC games against teams that finished with a winning record in the conference since he got to Kentucky. “I don't believe that statistic you're saying is right," he responded.
  • Unfortunately, the caller was right.
  • He’s always been a mediocre coach imo. Lucked out many times with game clock situations and has always played scared
  • I wish Cockeye or whoever else would want him would take him off our hands. His résumé won’t get him many offers, unfortunately.
  • This is also the last year with divisions. If they don't win at Miss. State. Coach Stoops record against SEC West teams on the road will be 0-11.
  • I'm convinced Stoops looks at the schedule and thinks he can't beat Georgia, Alabama, etc and doesn't bother game planning much for them.
  • If you look at the complete season to this point, the Florida game was a fluke. The Georgia game and the first four games of the season had an identical blueprint...a lack of discipline and execution.
  • I’ll say this again, Best Job in America. Top 10 money for not even top 25 results.!
  • Are people forgetting how bad we struggled against Eastern Kentucky????? This isn’t about UGA entirely.
  • Every single coach making similar money as Stoops all have better programs and most of the time in less time.
  • Anybody that was not listening when this stat was brought to his attention, Stoops was very angry. Told the guy to come and see how well he could do coaching at Kentucky.
  • Thin-skinned coaches don't last very long.

Texas

• If Arch takes over next year
  • The offense will become much more dynamic simply because of his wheels.
  • Simms vs Applewhite lol
  • No matter the culture…
  • The horns still don’t have that killer instinct.
  • Big 12 Officiating!
  • Missed what can only be considered a blatant taunting penalty after a Ewers sack.
  • As has always been the case, our opponents have carte blanche to make dirty hits and get away with egregious penalties. I hate to call it a conspiracy, but for the last 25 years I’ve been watching every UT game, I don’t know what else to call it.
  • An in-depth look at the lack of Hispanic CFB players

Notre Dame

• Back from India. Glad I missed that game
  • WTF were you doing in India?
  • Couldn't pay me enough money to go to that shit hole
  • 30 hour flight? Did your pilot get lost on the way home? Haha.
  • Way too much blame on the coaches and too little on the players
  • I suppose.... But maybe they're not being coached well in practice.
  • When good players and the majority of your team is playing like crap multiple games in a row… it starts with the coaches
  • Woke Hire - Thanks for setting the program back another 30 years Jack. Decommits incoming!
  • LSU fed up with Kelly
  • He's not going to last long….
  • We all know LSU isn't going to give BK 10 years to bring a championship. He may get 5, but that's it.
  • If he loses 3 or 4 games this year and does it again next year and also year 4 he's gone.

Washington State

• So Utah killed the Pac 12 deal
  • Well, looks like the Apple Cup is dead
  • Remember the joke: What's the difference between a porcupine and husky stadium? With a porcupine the 70,000 pricks are on the outside.
  • There AD is arrogant
  • Sounds like the perfect prick, he should fit right in.
  • I accept this game is over. Sooo, Cougs MUST win this year so that we take ownership of the cup AND...(in spite of the overall record) become Apple Cup champs for eternity by virtue of perennial possession.
  • Pac2 and departing 10 agree to mediate
  • Cougs can’t afford to let this drag on forever. Let’s see what they have to offer and go from there
  • I am fine with mediation if we get everything we are asking for.

Miami

• How was cristolbol [As a COACH in OREGON]
  • In 2018, he didn't take a knee vs Stanford and lost the game on a fumble.
  • In 2019, he learned a BIG lesson and took a knee every time.
  • 2020 didn't matter.
  • In 2021, took a knee 3 times and should have at least 3 other times (up less than 3 scores and the ability to run out the clock).
  • Stealing 8 mil a year from this university
  • Our overall talent on offense is so mid man lol
  • RBs????
  • Ajay Allen was a healthy scratch
  • Parrish is the best but I agree with some of the others with it being very close
  • Would Ajay Allen be starting if he stayed at Nebraska? No
  • I’d like to see more of CJ and Ajay
  • You all are sleeping on Allen. He's shifty and has great vision. I've been impressed with him so far.
  • He better start breaking some because Donaldo is coming for those reps.
  • Parrish is the guy with Chaney and Allen 2 and 3, the freshman are promising but not as good as those top 3.
  • I’d give CJ the carries AJ is getting.

Missouri

• I’d rather this program again start over with a new coach and personnel than continuing on the never ending path of 6-6 mediocrity. Make no mistake, that's where they're headed.
  • I only see one more potential win (Arkansas) on the schedule
  • Why don't we wait until the season is over before we talk about firing everyone? We have 1 loss
  • There were some good calls today, but when you're up 22-7, you've got to manage the clock better!
  • The team is 5-1 and looks much better offensively than anyone predicted. Chill and let’s see where this goes.
  • The SEC is not a league where you should learn on the job. You either are head coaching material or not. There’s no middle ground!
  • 4th season and the program is as undisciplined as Odom’s teams were. He is who he is…
  • The joke’s on me. I’ve seen this athletic department fall on their a-holes time after time and I still come back for more.
  • Here’s some uncomfortable truth: Missouri (both the University and state) is perfectly happy with mediocrity which is why it’s near the arse end in every important category imaginable.
  • I am not a fan of Drink at this point either. If he goes 7-5 or worse after a 5-0 start…that’s when I’ll be pissed.
  • No one really thought we were going to be going into LSU 5-0. We played them tough and then broke down at the end of the game. We're still much better than we were last season and 8 to 9 wins is still very achievable.
  • Winning the KSU game while playing LSU tough ensures that the dork gets another year….
  • His lack of program discipline hasn't changed at all since he got here. Without that, he has no hope of winning big here. Time to move on if he goes 4-4 or worse in SEC play.

Rutgers

• 42 ejected, 26 arrested during Badgers game on Saturday, UW police say
  • Underage college students drinking? I’m shocked. BAC of .20 is pretty bad though.
  • Oh, the horror!!! There were students drinking during the game!
  • It is pretty well known across college football that Wisconsin fans are some of the drunkest you'll ever meet.
  • Was there. Had no issues. They love beer and whiskey there that is for sure LOL.
  • The most friendly drunks youll ever meet
  • They do definitively like to drink there. The 11am start time was no problem at all for them. Lol.
  • Alcohol. Major problem at UW and in the state.
  • If they made the drinking age 16, or better yet eliminated it, there would've been no problem (except for the public urination, I suppose, but they don't ticket dogs for that, so it's a little messed up that they ticket people).
  • Never understood why the government felt it had the right to establish how old kids should be before having a drink. Leave it to parents or guardians.
  • Oddly the cops were really laid back in town. We walked by fraternity row in Madison before the game where there were a bunch of huge parties and the cops just stood on the curb and watched. Didn't bother anyone.
  • I hear they are going to change the title of the song between the 3rd and 4th Qtrs to.....Bail Jump Around.
  • So if a parent wants their 5 year old to get hammered, all good?
  • They can do that at home regardless of laws. It might be child abuse, though.
  • 41 of the 50 most heavily drinking counties were are in Wisconsin.
  • These are some of the dumbest comments I've ever heard. Let's let everyone urinate in the street whenever they want to and let 10 year olds drink. While we're at it, let's allow nine year olds to drive and eight year olds to carry a gun.
  • I had young guys tell me "F*uck Rutgers" two different times as we walked past them after the game. But no violence. I just chalked it up to drunk kids.

Cockeye

• Kaleb Johnson Suspicious
  • I was crucified on this board for suggesting Keagan Johnson early in the "injury" that he was just sitting out to transfer. I'm going out on a limb to say the Kaleb Johnson is starting to become suspicious.
  • It was reported he was in walking boot after the ISU game. Premature to be concerned.
  • Tell us what it is about his injury absence that appears suspicious other than having Keagan Johnson stuck in your head.
  • Rumors in Central Cockeye are that Kaleb is a transgender athlete. They’ll come out as being born a biological woman, then rush for 1,000 in the last game of the season, only to float into heaven after the game while Kim Reynolds shakes her fist at them during their ascension.
  • Keagan Johnson from last year is all the evidence we all need to know that Kaleb Johnson is sandbagging his injury.
  • I’ve watched a little bit of Kansas State and Keagan Johnson isn’t very involved and when he has touched the ball, he looks gimpy. Almost like he has a lingering leg injury…

Michigan State

• Anyone ever take this class in meth lab management while at MSU
  • Anyone have details on why Herpes is on medical leave right now?
  • Late Stage Herps.
  • heart surgery to fix damage caused by late stage herpes
  • Buying a new Rolodex - any tips?
  • eBay is probably your best bet
  • I replaced a 50+ year old unit with Staples brand ( generic ) one about 18 mos ago. I had to place an order through the Internet as my local store did not have one in stock. The quality has slipped a great deal. No ball bearing roller, l think it is 100% plastic. Probably made overseas

Colorado

• The top of the B1G is clearly better than the top of the B12. But that’s not the pool Nebraska is playing in. For them, there’s really no difference between playing Michigan or playing Utah. They have zero chance in either game. In the B1G, they’re hoping for wins against Indiana, Rutgers and Northwestern. In the B12, they’d be hoping for wins against Houston, UCF and Kansas.
  • One of the biggest reasons they have fallen off so hard is the severed TX recruiting ties when they moved to the B1G. They obviously can’t recruit the Midwest even close to the level the rest of the B1G does and they won’t be able to recruit the West coast like SC/UCLA/Oregon/Wash.
  • Matt Rhule speech lololol
  • Nebraska football turning into a death cult actually makes a lot of sense.
  • Holy sh!t that’s uninspiring
  • I generally don't care about pre-game speeches anyways, if you need a speech to get you focused and motivated you probably shouldn't be there.
  • This one though was just bad. If I had a coach blathering on like that I would be demotivated and thinking we are in trouble.
  • Go after them like you would in practice? WTF???
  • Nebraska is currently 3-3. They are favored to win their next game in 10 days against Northwestern, then the Purdue game is essentially a toss up. After that, they are strong underdogs to finish out the season against Michigan St, Maryland, Wisconsin, and Cockeye. That under bet on season wins at 6 is looking pretty good half through the season.
  • Seriously, that speech was painful.
  • I actually got bored and unintentionally zoned out during it. Some people are great at inspiring through their speech. Most are not.
  • And of course all the Nub mouth breathers absolutely love it. It's just so on brand
  • Compton is the worst
  • If I closed my eyes, I'd think one of the munchkins from the Wizard of Oz was giving a pre-game speech just from his voice alone.
  • What a jumbled up word salad of all the coaching cliches mashed up into one speech.
  • I think maybe Runza Rhule forgot he was giving a pre-game speech for a moment, and instead thought he was considering another donut.
  • And also, perhaps compare Prime's approach (to players, not to donuts): No you can't play with a lacerated liver. You will create amazing impact through your life.
  • Fat Matt Rhunza or FMR for the sake of brevity.
  • Maybe that is why Nebraska football mostly dies these days.
  • It’s amazing the difference between Prime & Rhule’s speeches
  • Prime: Your primary motivation should be changing your lives for the better, becoming men, achieving success through accountability, forethought, and being elite on both the field and in life.
  • Fat Matt Runza: LOUD NOISES
  • If somebody wanted to do a parody movie about college football that speech would be in it, edited of course for time.
  • The NU fans will love the speech, right up until they are about to fire him. Then they will declare that this speech was when they knew he was not the right guy.
  • It definitely had that 2018 Mike McIntyre “A buffalo into the storm” feel to it. Could Fat Matt Rhunza be a one -n- done nub coach?
  • These renderings are almost as much of a self-own as the nub tourism department coming up with the "It's not for everyone" motto.
  • Accurately enough, the rendering only shows white people, lending deeper meaning to the "it's not for everyone" slogan.
  • "This ain't intramurals, brotherhood!" - Matt Rhunza (probably)

Illinois

• Nebraska 20, Illinois 7 Postgame Thread
  • One of the worst college football games I’ve ever seen.
  • To go from that height last year to this low in less than one year is a collapse on a scale and at a speed I never imagined was possible in my worst nightmares.
  • Mark it down. We are not winning another game the rest of the season.
  • Same could be said for Nebraska. Two really bad teams played tonight. Embarrassing game for a national TV audience.
  • The fans deserve more. The 10,000 folks who ponied up for new season tickets, the students, deserve more.
  • LoL, Nebraska defense is "back". Yeah. Sure...
  • Matt Rhule did complement several of our guys, including Nickelson and Harper. I give him a little credit but I still don’t like him
  • Both Walters and Rhule are in their first year, yet they schooled our guys.
  • Bright side: All the visiting recruits had to see how badly we need talent.
  • It's always easy to be complimentary when you dominate a team.
  • This is the beginning of the end for Bielema. I don't see any way he recovers from this.
  • Bielema seems to be Lovie 2.0. Same problems, no offensive plan, no discipline, bad penalties, etc.
  • I have never been a Bret fan, but I don't think ousting him right now makes sense.
  • Bret didn’t do too well at Arkansas so if he leads us on the same trajectory than fire him at some point but right now doesn’t make any sense.
  • Not looking good for Bret. Another failure at OC. There's also no excuse for the OL being this poor when it's supposed to be his calling card.
  • Bret better hope he can hire some guys who can actually coach fundamentals and run decent schemes. I'd give him one chance to fix it, then fire him too
  • Holy balls. Yes, let's start contemplating firing Bret because we are such an absolute unit of a powerhouse that we are attractive to all of the coaches out there.
  • The Bret Bielema honeymoon is definitely over. This program is definitely heading in the wrong direction. Not sure if they can even beat NW.
  • Nebraska had great fans. Nebraska certainly looks like they've improved a lot from their opening week.
  • Bret Bielema is either a super salesman able to convince Illini fans they should buy season tickets because this football team is really really good, or he is absolutely clueless in his assessment of any and all aspects of this team and coaches
  • We were too easy to defend because we're too predictable. Nebby played 9 up front too often because they had no reason to cover more than 5 yards deep.
  • And to think that passing over Lance Leipold for Bielema would be a discussion now.
  • The thing is we didn't have poor play the first 2 seasons he was here for the most part. Suddenly this year we do. That's not continual, that's a what the hell is going on?
  • The worst 20-7 football game I've ever seen. Almost four hours to play it. Just bad, not smart football played by both teams.

Mr.Bojangles

Offensive Lineman
Kentucky

• Caller Delivers Some Sobering News to Stoops
  • Mark Stoops was asked tonight about only winning two SEC games against teams that finished with a winning record in the conference since he got to Kentucky. “I don't believe that statistic you're saying is right," he responded.
  • Unfortunately, the caller was right.
  • He’s always been a mediocre coach imo. Lucked out many times with game clock situations and has always played scared
  • I wish Cockeye or whoever else would want him would take him off our hands. His résumé won’t get him many offers, unfortunately.
  • This is also the last year with divisions. If they don't win at Miss. State. Coach Stoops record against SEC West teams on the road will be 0-11.
  • I'm convinced Stoops looks at the schedule and thinks he can't beat Georgia, Alabama, etc and doesn't bother game planning much for them.
  • If you look at the complete season to this point, the Florida game was a fluke. The Georgia game and the first four games of the season had an identical blueprint...a lack of discipline and execution.
  • I’ll say this again, Best Job in America. Top 10 money for not even top 25 results.!
  • Are people forgetting how bad we struggled against Eastern Kentucky????? This isn’t about UGA entirely.
  • Every single coach making similar money as Stoops all have better programs and most of the time in less time.
  • Anybody that was not listening when this stat was brought to his attention, Stoops was very angry. Told the guy to come and see how well he could do coaching at Kentucky.
  • Thin-skinned coaches don't last very long.

Texas

• If Arch takes over next year
  • The offense will become much more dynamic simply because of his wheels.
  • Simms vs Applewhite lol
  • No matter the culture…
  • The horns still don’t have that killer instinct.
  • Big 12 Officiating!
  • Missed what can only be considered a blatant taunting penalty after a Ewers sack.
  • As has always been the case, our opponents have carte blanche to make dirty hits and get away with egregious penalties. I hate to call it a conspiracy, but for the last 25 years I’ve been watching every UT game, I don’t know what else to call it.
  • An in-depth look at the lack of Hispanic CFB players

Notre Dame

• Back from India. Glad I missed that game
  • WTF were you doing in India?
  • Couldn't pay me enough money to go to that shit hole
  • 30 hour flight? Did your pilot get lost on the way home? Haha.
  • Way too much blame on the coaches and too little on the players
  • I suppose.... But maybe they're not being coached well in practice.
  • When good players and the majority of your team is playing like crap multiple games in a row… it starts with the coaches
  • Woke Hire - Thanks for setting the program back another 30 years Jack. Decommits incoming!
  • LSU fed up with Kelly
  • He's not going to last long….
  • We all know LSU isn't going to give BK 10 years to bring a championship. He may get 5, but that's it.
  • If he loses 3 or 4 games this year and does it again next year and also year 4 he's gone.

Washington State

• So Utah killed the Pac 12 deal
  • Well, looks like the Apple Cup is dead
  • Remember the joke: What's the difference between a porcupine and husky stadium? With a porcupine the 70,000 pricks are on the outside.
  • There AD is arrogant
  • Sounds like the perfect prick, he should fit right in.
  • I accept this game is over. Sooo, Cougs MUST win this year so that we take ownership of the cup AND...(in spite of the overall record) become Apple Cup champs for eternity by virtue of perennial possession.
  • Pac2 and departing 10 agree to mediate
  • Cougs can’t afford to let this drag on forever. Let’s see what they have to offer and go from there
  • I am fine with mediation if we get everything we are asking for.

Miami

• How was cristolbol [As a COACH in OREGON]
  • In 2018, he didn't take a knee vs Stanford and lost the game on a fumble.
  • In 2019, he learned a BIG lesson and took a knee every time.
  • 2020 didn't matter.
  • In 2021, took a knee 3 times and should have at least 3 other times (up less than 3 scores and the ability to run out the clock).
  • Stealing 8 mil a year from this university
  • Our overall talent on offense is so mid man lol
  • RBs????
  • Ajay Allen was a healthy scratch
  • Parrish is the best but I agree with some of the others with it being very close
  • Would Ajay Allen be starting if he stayed at Nebraska? No
  • I’d like to see more of CJ and Ajay
  • You all are sleeping on Allen. He's shifty and has great vision. I've been impressed with him so far.
  • He better start breaking some because Donaldo is coming for those reps.
  • Parrish is the guy with Chaney and Allen 2 and 3, the freshman are promising but not as good as those top 3.
  • I’d give CJ the carries AJ is getting.

Missouri

• I’d rather this program again start over with a new coach and personnel than continuing on the never ending path of 6-6 mediocrity. Make no mistake, that's where they're headed.
  • I only see one more potential win (Arkansas) on the schedule
  • Why don't we wait until the season is over before we talk about firing everyone? We have 1 loss
  • There were some good calls today, but when you're up 22-7, you've got to manage the clock better!
  • The team is 5-1 and looks much better offensively than anyone predicted. Chill and let’s see where this goes.
  • The SEC is not a league where you should learn on the job. You either are head coaching material or not. There’s no middle ground!
  • 4th season and the program is as undisciplined as Odom’s teams were. He is who he is…
  • The joke’s on me. I’ve seen this athletic department fall on their a-holes time after time and I still come back for more.
  • Here’s some uncomfortable truth: Missouri (both the University and state) is perfectly happy with mediocrity which is why it’s near the arse end in every important category imaginable.
  • I am not a fan of Drink at this point either. If he goes 7-5 or worse after a 5-0 start…that’s when I’ll be pissed.
  • No one really thought we were going to be going into LSU 5-0. We played them tough and then broke down at the end of the game. We're still much better than we were last season and 8 to 9 wins is still very achievable.
  • Winning the KSU game while playing LSU tough ensures that the dork gets another year….
  • His lack of program discipline hasn't changed at all since he got here. Without that, he has no hope of winning big here. Time to move on if he goes 4-4 or worse in SEC play.

Rutgers

• 42 ejected, 26 arrested during Badgers game on Saturday, UW police say
  • Underage college students drinking? I’m shocked. BAC of .20 is pretty bad though.
  • Oh, the horror!!! There were students drinking during the game!
  • It is pretty well known across college football that Wisconsin fans are some of the drunkest you'll ever meet.
  • Was there. Had no issues. They love beer and whiskey there that is for sure LOL.
  • The most friendly drunks youll ever meet
  • They do definitively like to drink there. The 11am start time was no problem at all for them. Lol.
  • Alcohol. Major problem at UW and in the state.
  • If they made the drinking age 16, or better yet eliminated it, there would've been no problem (except for the public urination, I suppose, but they don't ticket dogs for that, so it's a little messed up that they ticket people).
  • Never understood why the government felt it had the right to establish how old kids should be before having a drink. Leave it to parents or guardians.
  • Oddly the cops were really laid back in town. We walked by fraternity row in Madison before the game where there were a bunch of huge parties and the cops just stood on the curb and watched. Didn't bother anyone.
  • I hear they are going to change the title of the song between the 3rd and 4th Qtrs to.....Bail Jump Around.
  • So if a parent wants their 5 year old to get hammered, all good?
  • They can do that at home regardless of laws. It might be child abuse, though.
  • 41 of the 50 most heavily drinking counties were are in Wisconsin.
  • These are some of the dumbest comments I've ever heard. Let's let everyone urinate in the street whenever they want to and let 10 year olds drink. While we're at it, let's allow nine year olds to drive and eight year olds to carry a gun.
  • I had young guys tell me "F*uck Rutgers" two different times as we walked past them after the game. But no violence. I just chalked it up to drunk kids.

Cockeye

• Kaleb Johnson Suspicious
  • I was crucified on this board for suggesting Keagan Johnson early in the "injury" that he was just sitting out to transfer. I'm going out on a limb to say the Kaleb Johnson is starting to become suspicious.
  • It was reported he was in walking boot after the ISU game. Premature to be concerned.
  • Tell us what it is about his injury absence that appears suspicious other than having Keagan Johnson stuck in your head.
  • Rumors in Central Cockeye are that Kaleb is a transgender athlete. They’ll come out as being born a biological woman, then rush for 1,000 in the last game of the season, only to float into heaven after the game while Kim Reynolds shakes her fist at them during their ascension.
  • Keagan Johnson from last year is all the evidence we all need to know that Kaleb Johnson is sandbagging his injury.
  • I’ve watched a little bit of Kansas State and Keagan Johnson isn’t very involved and when he has touched the ball, he looks gimpy. Almost like he has a lingering leg injury…

Michigan State

• Anyone ever take this class in meth lab management while at MSU
  • Anyone have details on why Herpes is on medical leave right now?
  • Late Stage Herps.
  • heart surgery to fix damage caused by late stage herpes
  • Buying a new Rolodex - any tips?
  • eBay is probably your best bet
  • I replaced a 50+ year old unit with Staples brand ( generic ) one about 18 mos ago. I had to place an order through the Internet as my local store did not have one in stock. The quality has slipped a great deal. No ball bearing roller, l think it is 100% plastic. Probably made overseas

Colorado

• The top of the B1G is clearly better than the top of the B12. But that’s not the pool Nebraska is playing in. For them, there’s really no difference between playing Michigan or playing Utah. They have zero chance in either game. In the B1G, they’re hoping for wins against Indiana, Rutgers and Northwestern. In the B12, they’d be hoping for wins against Houston, UCF and Kansas.
  • One of the biggest reasons they have fallen off so hard is the severed TX recruiting ties when they moved to the B1G. They obviously can’t recruit the Midwest even close to the level the rest of the B1G does and they won’t be able to recruit the West coast like SC/UCLA/Oregon/Wash.
  • Matt Rhule speech lololol
  • Nebraska football turning into a death cult actually makes a lot of sense.
  • Holy sh!t that’s uninspiring
  • I generally don't care about pre-game speeches anyways, if you need a speech to get you focused and motivated you probably shouldn't be there.
  • This one though was just bad. If I had a coach blathering on like that I would be demotivated and thinking we are in trouble.
  • Go after them like you would in practice? WTF???
  • Nebraska is currently 3-3. They are favored to win their next game in 10 days against Northwestern, then the Purdue game is essentially a toss up. After that, they are strong underdogs to finish out the season against Michigan St, Maryland, Wisconsin, and Cockeye. That under bet on season wins at 6 is looking pretty good half through the season.
  • Seriously, that speech was painful.
  • I actually got bored and unintentionally zoned out during it. Some people are great at inspiring through their speech. Most are not.
  • And of course all the Nub mouth breathers absolutely love it. It's just so on brand
  • Compton is the worst
  • If I closed my eyes, I'd think one of the munchkins from the Wizard of Oz was giving a pre-game speech just from his voice alone.
  • What a jumbled up word salad of all the coaching cliches mashed up into one speech.
  • I think maybe Runza Rhule forgot he was giving a pre-game speech for a moment, and instead thought he was considering another donut.
  • And also, perhaps compare Prime's approach (to players, not to donuts): No you can't play with a lacerated liver. You will create amazing impact through your life.
  • Fat Matt Rhunza or FMR for the sake of brevity.
  • Maybe that is why Nebraska football mostly dies these days.
  • It’s amazing the difference between Prime & Rhule’s speeches
  • Prime: Your primary motivation should be changing your lives for the better, becoming men, achieving success through accountability, forethought, and being elite on both the field and in life.
  • Fat Matt Runza: LOUD NOISES
  • If somebody wanted to do a parody movie about college football that speech would be in it, edited of course for time.
  • The NU fans will love the speech, right up until they are about to fire him. Then they will declare that this speech was when they knew he was not the right guy.
  • It definitely had that 2018 Mike McIntyre “A buffalo into the storm” feel to it. Could Fat Matt Rhunza be a one -n- done nub coach?
  • These renderings are almost as much of a self-own as the nub tourism department coming up with the "It's not for everyone" motto.
  • Accurately enough, the rendering only shows white people, lending deeper meaning to the "it's not for everyone" slogan.
  • "This ain't intramurals, brotherhood!" - Matt Rhunza (probably)

Illinois

• Nebraska 20, Illinois 7 Postgame Thread
  • One of the worst college football games I’ve ever seen.
  • To go from that height last year to this low in less than one year is a collapse on a scale and at a speed I never imagined was possible in my worst nightmares.
  • Mark it down. We are not winning another game the rest of the season.
  • Same could be said for Nebraska. Two really bad teams played tonight. Embarrassing game for a national TV audience.
  • The fans deserve more. The 10,000 folks who ponied up for new season tickets, the students, deserve more.
  • LoL, Nebraska defense is "back". Yeah. Sure...
  • Matt Rhule did complement several of our guys, including Nickelson and Harper. I give him a little credit but I still don’t like him
  • Both Walters and Rhule are in their first year, yet they schooled our guys.
  • Bright side: All the visiting recruits had to see how badly we need talent.
  • It's always easy to be complimentary when you dominate a team.
  • This is the beginning of the end for Bielema. I don't see any way he recovers from this.
  • Bielema seems to be Lovie 2.0. Same problems, no offensive plan, no discipline, bad penalties, etc.
  • I have never been a Bret fan, but I don't think ousting him right now makes sense.
  • Bret didn’t do too well at Arkansas so if he leads us on the same trajectory than fire him at some point but right now doesn’t make any sense.
  • Not looking good for Bret. Another failure at OC. There's also no excuse for the OL being this poor when it's supposed to be his calling card.
  • Bret better hope he can hire some guys who can actually coach fundamentals and run decent schemes. I'd give him one chance to fix it, then fire him too
  • Holy balls. Yes, let's start contemplating firing Bret because we are such an absolute unit of a powerhouse that we are attractive to all of the coaches out there.
  • The Bret Bielema honeymoon is definitely over. This program is definitely heading in the wrong direction. Not sure if they can even beat NW.
  • Nebraska had great fans. Nebraska certainly looks like they've improved a lot from their opening week.
  • Bret Bielema is either a super salesman able to convince Illini fans they should buy season tickets because this football team is really really good, or he is absolutely clueless in his assessment of any and all aspects of this team and coaches
  • We were too easy to defend because we're too predictable. Nebby played 9 up front too often because they had no reason to cover more than 5 yards deep.
  • And to think that passing over Lance Leipold for Bielema would be a discussion now.
  • The thing is we didn't have poor play the first 2 seasons he was here for the most part. Suddenly this year we do. That's not continual, that's a what the hell is going on?
  • The worst 20-7 football game I've ever seen. Almost four hours to play it. Just bad, not smart football played by both teams.
Colorado likes their team so much all they have to talk about constantly is Nebraska and how fat Rhule is.🤦 Dude isn't even that fat.

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebraska & Texas shared a conference from 1996-2010, you’d think ppl could use some simple logic to figure out that Texas/Big12 spread a bs narrative after expansion.

Shitty leadership has been our downfall & if Texas recruiting is so precious, why the fuck has Texas fell off after 2010!?

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Nebraska & Texas shared a conference from 1996-2010, you’d think ppl could use some simple logic to figure out that Texas/Big12 spread a bs narrative after expansion.

Shitty leadership has been our downfall & if Texas recruiting is so precious, why the fuck has Texas fell off after 2010!?
The TX recruiting narrative is horseshit. Sure, we had some good players from TX, but the vast majority of "stars" were from states like FL, CA, MO, and NE.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
The TX recruiting narrative is horseshit. Sure, we had some good players from TX, but the vast majority of "stars" were from states like FL, CA, MO, and NE.
I really don't think TX recruiting is as good as it used to be. it seems like the texas HS 7 on 7 scene has taken over so much that all they turn out are skill positions and DBs. the Big 12 gets most of the Texas players and there's a reason they all play shit defense

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Yep & there’s only one point where we had a “pipeline” & it was Bo’s 2 first classes, thanks to Tim Beck & we got 18 Texas guys. Didn’t contribute to 9 wins before or the success Bo had in our last 2 years winning the B12 north.

Idk if someone remembers if Beck’s promotion led to the decline of Texas recruiting or not but those two classes also didn’t help us dominate the B10

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Would Ajay Allen be starting if he stayed at Nebraska? No

Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member
Looks like the Puffs will beat Stanford. But even so, 5-7 Colorado is still not out of the question. I hope they lose all their remaining games and miss out on a bowl.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds