Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What Grinds My Gears (2 Viewers)

dsbigred1

Quarterback
tPB OG
People that reply all to emails that is clearly not needed.

View attachment 6471
Those are literally my favorite emails. Hilarious! You can see it happening before the chain revs up, too…
First person replies to all that they should not have been on the email group. Suddenly, a dozen more do… then people start getting pissed and replying to all that people need to stop replying to all. By the end of it 50% of the distribution list has replied to all…
Hysterical!

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Teams definitely pisses me off far more. The completely unnecessary replies in there on chats that I have to monitor drives me nuts. My computer is dinging or flashing at me all day long, and probably every 5-10 seconds.
I swear to God I hear that Teams message notification in my sleep. Hence why I drink so much.

dsbigred1

Quarterback
tPB OG
I swear to God I hear that Teams message notification in my sleep. Hence why I drink so much.
I have to turn them off for conference calls… people would interrupt with, “are the systems down? What’s going on?”
The sad part is that I only have 4 chats set for notification, there are just a lot of participants that can’t think for themselves or use the resources available to them in there.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Best advice for Teams…shut off all notifications…brought my life back into a Zen state.

My current favorite is when people can see you are in a meeting or on a call in teams, maybe even presenting, and they ask can you chat for a minute? No, I’m on a call presenting. Well can you answer one question quick? NO, I’m giving a presentation…and they carry on the conversation anyhow.

dsbigred1

Quarterback
tPB OG
Best advice for Teams…shut off all notifications…brought my life back into a Zen state.

My current favorite is when people can see you are in a meeting or on a call in teams, maybe even presenting, and they ask can you chat for a minute? No, I’m on a call presenting. Well can you answer one question quick? NO, I’m giving a presentation…and they carry on the conversation anyhow.
I use DND as often as possible

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Was employed by someone other than myself for 18 months over the pandemic (back to being my own boss now). One of the companies exclusively used Microsoft Teams. Literally for everything. It was awful. Got hired on with an older guy who was a good dude but he quit partially because he could not stand his phone constantly going off.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
So since we're talking about things that grind our gears...when coaching and a kid messes up and he comes over and says "my bad"

Yeah no shit. I saw the play.
Mine in the coaching realm is when you go to correct a kid on how to do/play something after an error and you get the "I know..." A quick way to raise my blood pressure...if you knew...

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Mine in the coaching realm is when you go to correct a kid on how to do/play something after an error and you get the "I know..." A quick way to raise my blood pressure...if you knew...
Or they give you the my bad and pause and don’t keep playing…yeah got it, a mistake…now keep playing. Not what you do, but what you do after.

dsbigred1

Quarterback
tPB OG
Mine was always when they’d say “that’s what I did!”
Are you serious? So you think you’re getting coached up to do it this way because you just did it this way? Let’s go to the film, shall we?

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
People that don't use headphones in Teams and don't mute, creating feedback loops.

Fucking figure it out.
letterkenny GIF by CraveTV

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds