Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Way Too Early Coaching Carousel Predictions (1 Viewer)

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
1) why do you feel the need to put huge in all caps
2) A&M way easier to recruit with less travel.
3) better NIL
4) better weather/talent/conference for air raid offense
5) doubt he cares about being middle of the pack B1G team
6) and almost triple your fuggin salary
1. 2 reasons: 1) because I said it like HUGE not just huge, ya know? And 2) because fuck you, that’s why
2. Yet no one has consistently won there
3. Yet no one has consistently won there
4. The PAC12 is the best conference for air raid, fuck the weather it’s not real, and as far as talent, see 2 and 3 above
5. Yeah, a 3x national champion head coach that has won everywhere he’s been is totally fine with mediocrity.
6. Salaries are only going up everywhere - once UW has B1G TV money he will restructure yet again and be paid top 10 money regardless if he stays. Moot point. The current/future B1G teams make up 8 of the top 25 highest paid coaches - and should Washington want to, they will make DeBoer the 9th/top 25 nationally paid coach

Savedatmoney

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
1. 2 reasons: 1) because I said it like HUGE not just huge, ya know? And 2) because fuck you, that’s why
2. Yet no one has consistently won there
3. Yet no one has consistently won there
4. The PAC12 is the best conference for air raid, fuck the weather it’s not real, and as far as talent, see 2 and 3 above
5. Yeah, a 3x national champion head coach that has won everywhere he’s been is totally fine with mediocrity.
6. Salaries are only going up everywhere - once UW has B1G TV money he will restructure yet again and be paid top 10 money regardless if he stays. Moot point. The current/future B1G teams make up 8 of the top 25 highest paid coaches - and should Washington want to, they will make DeBoer the 9th/top 25 nationally paid coach
1)Thanks for posting with less word salad, sort of.
2) UW only getting half of that big ten $$$.
3) I didn’t know weather wasn’t real, interesting.
4) I didn’t say he’s be fine with being mediocre, but that’s what they will be in the B1G.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
It’s a principle thing - all the talent nothing to show for it. Obviously it’s not a direct comp. Maryland is top 20 class so many years and goes 5-7 to 7-5 every year.

Also - I don’t give a fuck what they spend. That just makes them better at wasting money. If they have all the money in the world, why did they settle for a “not good coach” like Jimbo last time around.

You’re only proving my point - no fucking shit they have Texas talent in their backyard, no fucking shit they have all the money in the world, no fucking shit they pull huge recruiting classes. Yet they are the only ones consistently pulling those classes and NOT winning at the same rate their classes say they should. NIL was supposed to solve all their problems, and it didn’t. Same old mediocre results. For 4 straight coaches. All the way back to Dennis Fucking Franchione. One really good season every 6-8 years.

Something doesn’t add up - like, maybe their culture is fucked?

My only point from this whole damn thing has been that I don’t think Lane wants to go to a micro-managing group of fucking weirdos like A$M…I never thought that’d be such a hot button for you nerds.
You really don’t think Urb couldn’t go in there and win fast? You’re acting like A$M has always sucked. I’m saying they haven’t. RC Slocum had pretty good success there and other!other coaches have had quality seasons. Make a logical comparison atleast to a team like Clemson or LSU. Both teams underachieved for many years before they got the right coach. Personally I thought Jimbo was a shit hire from day one. I know he won a championship, but he was real average without a generational qb like Jameis.

Last edited:

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Maryland is a shit comparison. A$M has won a lot more games. They just told a coach to gtfo while paying him 76 million and will probably spend another 100 million for a new coach. They have a lot of talent in their back yard and a solid roster. A guy like Urb could go there and win quick. The only downfall is that you’re in the sec west which is the toughest conference in football.
SEC doing same thing as B1G so no SEC west for the new coach.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
You really don’t think Urb couldn’t go in there and win fast? You’re acting like A$M has always sucked. I’m saying they haven’t. RC Slocum had pretty good success there and other!other coaches have had quality seasons. Make a logical comparison atleast to a team like Clemson or LSU. Both teams underachieved for many years before they got the right coach. Personally I thought Jimbo was a shit hire from day one. I know he won a championship, but he was real average without a generational qb like Jameis.
Yes if Urban went there they’d win. And if your sister had nuts, you’d have a brother.

So your argument is that a top 5 CFB coach all time will keep being good at another school? Shocker. Yes - RC Slocum did a great job from 1992-1998.

The point here is, guys like Urban don’t even seem to look at the job. I don’t think it’s a place where they will ever give their coach total control. Boosters are way too meddling. And something just isn’t right. Urban is one of the only people I can see going in and saying “the best thing you can do is give us your money, but leave me alone…” and have them respect it.

They have lost 4+ 23 of the last 25 years. No I will not compare them to teams that eventually figured it out until they at least win their division in their conference or matter at the end of a season in the slightest. Then we can say “maybe they are finally figuring it out”

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds