Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Updated scholarship depth chart (2 Viewers)

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
As things stand my estimate is that we are at 88 scholarships. There are rumors that at least two more are considering retirement. (Seth Malcom and Tamon Lynum)

We also don't know if anyone has agreed to a be a walk-on (incoming frosh) or if a former walk on has reverted back from scholarship status to once again be a walk-on. (with NIL making up the cost of tuition. Reimer or Nouilli could qualify for that type of spot)

The fact that we didn't bring any transfers in for a visit this weekend says to me that we aren't looking to add. We might see another name enter as there is a lag upon entering the portal. (so maybe the lastest is Tuesday??)

Also, some of the positions might still be wrong as listed. Is a guy an OLB or DE when he plays "EDGE"? What position is Javin Wright? OLB? Safety? "Rover"? Omar Brown was a CB but played S in the spring game. So if anyone has a problem with my list then call Rhule to complain. But, of course, if I have a mistake that is obvious then let me know.

Screenshot_20230501-184936~2.png

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Has Bretz done much in his career? Special teams guy maybe?

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
I look at the list of sophomores and say that this is the year they have to find a way to contribute because we need them to. The team has a giant lack of seniors. (We basically wouldn't even have a senior class if it wasn't for transfers) So, in the age of the portal, a big list of sophomores need to find a way to get on the field and be effective or find another school next year. They don't have to start but they need to be at least 2nd string and get snaps. IMO anybody who doesn't do that is portal fodder and we should look at replacing them with a portal guy next year.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
8 players and what, 1/2, are Transfers

Thank god Long Snapper is an actual position spot.
Only Newsome and Reimer have been at Nebraska the whole time. It would have been an even worse ratio if Casey and Wynn stayed. It's been like this the last couple years almost all the Seniors and Juniors were either Juco or Transfers. Even this year almost half of the Juniors are Juco or Transfers.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds