Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Updated Scholarship Distribution Chart (1 Viewer)

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
I'm guessing there's more of those than I know about that can be crossed off. I think there will be more than enough room to bring in a bunch of transfers.
The new coaches are going to have their work cut out for them, you look at that distribution chart and pretty much every room is a mess right now.

redzoner

Cornerback
The new coaches are going to have their work cut out for them, you look at that distribution chart and pretty much every room is a mess right now.

QB - Always a shakeup here with a new coaching staff and I'm unsure if Casey will play another year
RB - Possibly the best position if we can keep Grant and Allen
WR - Room is ok. Needs a transfer to replace Palmer
TE - Fidone's potential is the only thing good here. I like Brewington as a Hybrid player.
OL - Desperately need Offensive Tackles and guards, and a center. New coach has to get this right.
DL - Needs talent. All the recent Frost recruits seem destined to eat themselves out of playing
OLB - Needs talent. Has some bodies
ILB - In an ok spot with Reimer, Henrich, Hausmann. Need to recruit depth
S - It's ok. Farmer has played better under Busch.
CB - Also ok. Might need a transfer if we lose Newsome

So really only RB, ILB, S, and CB are in decent shape. That's a lot of bad position groups.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
QB - Always a shakeup here with a new coaching staff and I'm unsure if Casey will play another year
RB - Possibly the best position if we can keep Grant and Allen
WR - Room is ok. Needs a transfer to replace Palmer
TE - Fidone's potential is the only thing good here. I like Brewington as a Hybrid player.
OL - Desperately need Offensive Tackles and guards, and a center. New coach has to get this right.
DL - Needs talent. All the recent Frost recruits seem destined to eat themselves out of playing
OLB - Needs talent. Has some bodies
ILB - In an ok spot with Reimer, Henrich, Hausmann. Need to recruit depth
S - It's ok. Farmer has played better under Busch.
CB - Also ok. Might need a transfer if we lose Newsome

So really only RB, ILB, S, and CB are in decent shape. That's a lot of bad position groups.
Brewington is done after this year. (I think)

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Went through the roster and it's better than I thought at some places but still a train wreck at others. I'm sure a coaching change will naturally produce attrition, but I don't see a ton of guys I would drop right away.

I could see dropping/losing these guys:
(Jr) Tyreke Johnson
(So) Chris Hickman
(So) Garrett Snodgrass
(So) Noa Pola-Gates
(RS Fr) Jalen Weaver
(RS Fr) Shawn Hardy
(RS Fr) Kamonte Grimes
(RS Fr) Worst of Kpai, Gbayor, Malcolm
1 of the QBs
9 guys done with eligibility
Trey Palmer (NFL)

That gives us 19 spots and we have 15 commits.

From the portal, I think we need:
0-1 QB (Depending on system and who leaves)
0-1 RB (If we lost Grant or Allen)
2 OT
1 G
1 C
1 TE
1 DE
2 DT
1 OLB
1 CB (If Newsome leaves early)

So, we need to find another 5 guys to cut to make that happen plus any more sports for high school recruits.

Next place to thin the herd would be more TEs and starting to thin down CB/S spots. There's probably some dead weight at OL but I hate to lose bodies there because we might need them.

I could also see Prochazka and Fidone at risk of having to take a medical if they keep getting hurt.

It's definitely going to look different next Fall camp.
No reason to not shoot for 10 OL. 5 starters and the next 5 the 2nd string.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds