Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Update - power back after 127 hours (2 Viewers)

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Maybe you should go tread somewhere
Pride Robin Arzon GIF by Peloton

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Interesting nugget if you would have actually read the first part of the link you sent it clearly states that.
Yes I can read. Texas is being retarded and “going on its own” and not connecting to other states. The effect is the exact same.

That’s worked for so well for them in the recent past, too.

Southendzonehusker

Linebacker
Elite Member
Yes I can read. Texas is being retarded and “going on its own” and not connecting to other states. The effect is the exact same.

That’s worked for so well for them in the recent past, too.

Once again, if you read the article you sent it clearly states ERCOT is tied to the sync grid. NPPD directly sold power to ERCOT during 2021 and OPPD agreed to purchase less power so it could be sent south while keeping congestion off the grid. This isn’t new. ERCOT has been around since the 70s. You’re talking to someone works in transmission and distribution. What you are claiming is 100% not correct.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
And everyone knows that we have a national grid.

It's a shitty power company in NY/MA that doesn't care whether you live or die or how many times they try to cash the check you used to pay your bill

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Once again, if you read the article you sent it clearly states ERCOT is tied to the sync grid. NPPD directly sold power to ERCOT during 2021 and OPPD agreed to purchase less power so it could be sent south while keeping congestion off the grid. This isn’t new. ERCOT has been around since the 70s. You’re talking to someone works in transmission and distribution. What you are claiming is 100% not correct.
So explain to me how this power grid is so great at handling a cold snap that killed 700+ people back in 2021? Oh, it’s designed that way to avoid federal regulations and can only draw a very limited about of power from out of state sources.

To be fair it was a hell of a cold snap that would have unfortunately cost lives regardless but if TX wasn’t so goddamn stubborn less people would have died.

All for ideological purposes and money - $16B in unnecessary charges thanks to that spike in wholesale prices.

The bolded part is what seriously pisses me off.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds