Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Turd Alberts to Texas A&M (3 Viewers)

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
He wants Ben Sasse but didn't move quickly enough before Sasse took a better job. Not that I think Sasse is qualified per se.

But Nebraska from governor down needs to get aligned on what the long term vision for the university system actually is because they, like every other public university system, are facing a coming enrollment apocalypse and they need big bold leadership to navigate that and come out on the other side as a top tier academic institution
Yet the current BoR couldn’t manage a hotdog stand.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
I get he's got a wish list but everything I've read out of the BoR is "we're making the decision and will take the time needed to find the right fit"

What leverage does Pillen even have in this situation?
Political and budgetary.

Fuck that guy.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Turd is obviously Putin.

Will won’t be able to deter Turd from his propaganda.

I think Turd’s actions the last few days, culminating in a request for the spotlight of a podcast, show he’s an ego driven ladder climber. Fuck that guy. Compton is just a frat boy, barstool simp that will do anything for attention.

Fuck both of them.
Compton = Tucker is not a comparison I was expecting to see when I woke up this morning.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
True. He basically told the other regents as much during his campaign.

You're really going to struggle to find a career academic willing to speak out against DEI, because they would just be nuking all future job prospects (and their reputation) in academia. Plus the faculty are going to hate such a person.

Really the governor and right leaning BORs are just advocating for a university where people are hired and ideas are challenged on their merits. The fact that this stance is considered overly political is a reflection of the state of academia.
That’s a very fatalistic stance on DEI.

BigRed97

Aquatic Technician
Elite Member
it’s interesting the governor weighed-in on this situation. It appears there is a lack of leadership and they have been dragging their feet on some key issues. Something clearly doesn’t add up.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
Turd's only real success that was because of him was saving Herbie
Let's see...

- helped get a $165million facility for football - project was basically fully funded before he got to NU. He wasn't swinging the hammer.
- landed a $300M multimedia rights agreement• - sold our media rights to the highest bidder? Cool that qualifies him to be an eBay seller
- hired Matt Rhule - then left him out to dry
- facilitated 92,000+ fans at Memorial for a volleyball game - cool, but a one-time event
- agreed to the Bussin Bowl - who gives a shit
- squeezed in a 30 minute interview w/me before going to a banquet on a game weekend - who gives a shit
- allowed us to park our bus in the middle of the Union - who gives a shit
- has treated my entire team like they’re former players when we are on campus - basic human decency
- facilitated plans for $450M renovations for the stadium - project is barely off the ground and already behind schedule, gtfo

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

This bill that was introduced at the request of the governor at the beginning of the year would essentially prohibit what Turd wanted to do with in house NIL.

(5) No third-party entity or individual shall be prohibited from:
LB1393
1 (a) Communicating with a student-athlete to create, identify,
2 facilitate, enable, or support name, image, or likeness activities;
3 (b) Compensating a student-athlete for the use of such student4 athlete's name, image, or likeness rights or athletic reputation; or
5 (c) Compensating student-athletes for promoting:
6 (i) An athletics event in which the student-athlete may participate,
7 if the third-party entity or individual has an agreement to promote the
athletics event; or8
9 (ii) The postsecondary institution which the student-athlete
attends.

A postsecondary institution shall not compensate a student athlete for the use of the student-athlete's name, image, or likeness
rights or athletic reputation
That's interesting.

Kazman5k

Cornerback
Elite Member
I don’t think DEI needs to be a political issue and don’t necessarily see it failing in a state like NE.
I also don’t think it should be at the top of an athletic directors list of priorities regardless of stance.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds