Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Turd Alberts to Texas A&M (6 Viewers)

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I'm having a little trouble understanding the "university leadership issues made him leave" angle... Clearly the instability is ridiculous, but how has that affected Turd to the point that he'd burn a bridge like this? Hasn't he pretty much gotten everything he wanted so far?

• Huge salary/raise/extension
  • Got the go-ahead to restructure Frost's contract which threaded the needle perfectly when it came time to fire him
  • Convinced boosters to step up with money to hire Rhule
  • Sports trending up
  • Is literally being allowed to tear down and rebuild Memorial Stadium
  • Was given very unique power within the university system where he bypasses the chancellor and only reports directly to the University President
Lord knows the regents and boosters and all that can cause a mess, but with ALL of that power, everything that was going in Turd's favor, what in the world could possibly cancel all of that out and make him give up on his "beloved" alma mater and burn bridges with fans who have respected him for over 30 years? They're taking a long time to hire a new president? They're stingy with money but obviously can be persuaded because he's already done it several times? What am I missing? If anything, the leadership vacuum has given him MORE power and influence.
How do we know all of those were things Turd wanted? Everyone thought Turd wanted Frost gone right away. The stadium project hasn't even been approved yet either.

GeauxBigRed

Bench Warmer
If true, this is the shittiest day for Nebraska in a long time. I'm normally a huge optimist but if we lose Turd we're fucked. We'll win 9 games this year and Penn State will win 7. Franklin is out and Rhule heads to PSU. Fuck me.
At least someone has loyalty to their Alma mater.

Drue629

Safety
tPB OG
Pick'Em Champion
I'm having a little trouble understanding the "university leadership issues made him leave" angle... Clearly the instability is ridiculous, but how has that affected Turd to the point that he'd burn a bridge like this? Hasn't he pretty much gotten everything he wanted so far?

• Huge salary/raise/extension
  • Got the go-ahead to restructure Frost's contract which threaded the needle perfectly when it came time to fire him
  • Convinced boosters to step up with money to hire Rhule
  • Sports trending up
  • Is literally being allowed to tear down and rebuild Memorial Stadium
  • Was given very unique power within the university system where he bypasses the chancellor and only reports directly to the University President
Lord knows the regents and boosters and all that can cause a mess, but with ALL of that power, everything that was going in Turd's favor, what in the world could possibly cancel all of that out and make him give up on his "beloved" alma mater and burn bridges with fans who have respected him for over 30 years? They're taking a long time to hire a new president? They're stingy with money but obviously can be persuaded because he's already done it several times? What am I missing? Where else would he get this much freedom and clout? If anything, the leadership vacuum has given him MORE power and influence, not less.
All of that happened with Ted Carter by his side though. Ted's gone. Maybe he's getting too much pushback now.

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
we fucked
200.gif

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
How do we know all of those were things Turd wanted? Everyone thought Turd wanted Frost gone right away. The stadium project hasn't even been approved yet either.

All of that happened with Ted Carter by his side though. Ted's gone. Maybe he's getting too much pushback now.
Yeah I hear ya. Still so bizarre though... being an administrator means endless compromise and patience. That's not unique to NU. It sure doesn't seem like Turd's big ideas have been stymied very often from an outsider's perspective. Does he just think they're never going to hire a new President? Why not stick around to see how it shakes out since things are going so well in pretty much every other part of the job? It's not like he's just been waiting around twiddling his thumbs, he's in the middle of gigantic things! Haha. It's just so weird that he'd walk away from all of that.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
There is no way this can be about money. Turd has been well compensated for his work for years. He was an NFL draft pick. I bet he still has money from his NFL days. There is no way going from making 1.7 million a year to making 2 or 2.3 makes some major difference to him financially. He's been a millionaire for decades. Can't be about TAM dropping a bag on him.

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
There is no way this can be about money. Turd has been well compensated for his work for years. He was an NFL draft pick. I bet he still has money from his NFL days. There is no way going from making 1.7 million a year to making 2 or 2.3 makes some major difference to him financially. He's been a millionaire for decades. Can't be about TAM dropping a bag on him.

Probably, but I bet A&M is still going to give him a fat raise.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds