Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Turd Alberts to Texas A&M (3 Viewers)

Herbie

Quarterback
Unbelievable. The call was coming from inside the building.

It’s a third act twist where the hero turns out to be the villain. He’s fucking Kevin Costner in No Way Out.

If he is turning tail because he’s concerned about leadership, that’s even shittier. Doubling your salary for 8 years comes with an expectation that you are going to ride out bad times (especially ones that were foreseeable 4 months ago).

He’s a quitter who intentionally fucked over his Alma mater if he does this. That’s it. No justification changes that.
I understand it could be difficult at times with no president, but doesn’t the ad report to the chancellor now anyways?

On a day to day basis I doubt his job is much different and it’s up to him to set the standard of leadership in the athletic department. If he’s getting pissy because it’s harder to fundraise/get his stadium expansion plans going because of no president then he San royally fuck off.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I feel like the disfunction is largely overblown and a cop-out excuse. Higher education is political everywhere you go and you’re never going to get athletic administrators, politicians, and athletics to completely agree. Thinking you can fix that by going to a different school is naive (especially at a place like A$M)
I'm sure the political environment around higher ed in Texas and Ohio is much better than in Nebraska.

Michael Jordan Lol GIF by ESPN

Mark me down for Turd is getting thrown an incredibly large amount of money

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Who is the new chancellor and who hired him?
This is from that RSS thread, written by a guy who appears to be a UNL professor. I asked him what people didn’t like about the new chancellor:

Some of it is stuff outside of his control, but he's handled somethings very poorly that he could've done better with.

I think Rodney Bennett understands he was brought here for a couple of years to be the bad guy. They dumped $15 million of budget cuts on him that he had to drop on campus. There will probably be more coming this summer or fall. He'll get a nice end-of-career payday for doing it, and his contract probably won't be renewed.

But he also hasn't made any efforts to build relationships and lead on the campus he's in charge of. He hired a bunch of people from Southern Miss in high-paying cabinet positions at a time everyone else on campus had their budget slashed, and he just sits around and lets those people insulate him. No effort to get out and meet faculty or staff leaders and explain his vision. Dude doesn't even use email. He knows he's a short-timer and that he wasn't the first choice to lead at UNL after other top candidates saw what was happening here and said "No thanks."

If Nebraska wants to have an actual, competitive university they need to stop hiring people from Mississippi to get them there. That state ranks last in basically every educational outcome. If they try to bring Hayseed Hank Bounds back as President, whatever talented faculty there are at UNL will leave too.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
If there is all this shit going on behind the scenes and youve got the athletic dept on a great trajectory now, wouldnt you want to stay and fix the problems at your alma mater? Just dont get it.
Alternatively, you can 2x your salary somewhere else and dip out of work all together like a decade early.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
I feel like the disfunction is largely overblown and a cop-out excuse. Higher education is political everywhere you go and you’re never going to get athletic administrators, politicians, and athletics to completely agree. Thinking you can fix that by going to a different school is naive (especially at a place like A$M)
UNL is WAY more liberal than ATM. Turd has had enough of it all. Can’t say I blame him.

Herbie

Quarterback
The good news is A&M fans and boosters will treat him like shit. Hopefully he is just fucking miserable for the rest of his career.
I kind of hope the fans and boosters get this rejected like mark stoops and make Turd try to save face

Reactions: Irv

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I kind of hope the fans and boosters get this rejected like mark stoops and make Turd try to save face
Thought about that too but he’s probably effectively burned his bridges here. We know who he is now.

Herbie

Quarterback
UNL is WAY more liberal than ATM. Turd has had enough of it all. Can’t say I blame him.
lol what does liberal have to do with it? Every university is liberal. Texas am is also the largest university in the us. It’s nothing but a political war zone and power struggle.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
This is from that RSS thread, written by a guy who appears to be a UNL professor. I asked him what people didn’t like about the new chancellor:

Some of it is stuff outside of his control, but he's handled somethings very poorly that he could've done better with.

I think Rodney Bennett understands he was brought here for a couple of years to be the bad guy. They dumped $15 million of budget cuts on him that he had to drop on campus. There will probably be more coming this summer or fall. He'll get a nice end-of-career payday for doing it, and his contract probably won't be renewed.

But he also hasn't made any efforts to build relationships and lead on the campus he's in charge of. He hired a bunch of people from Southern Miss in high-paying cabinet positions at a time everyone else on campus had their budget slashed, and he just sits around and lets those people insulate him. No effort to get out and meet faculty or staff leaders and explain his vision. Dude doesn't even use email. He knows he's a short-timer and that he wasn't the first choice to lead at UNL after other top candidates saw what was happening here and said "No thanks."

If Nebraska wants to have an actual, competitive university they need to stop hiring people from Mississippi to get them there. That state ranks last in basically every educational outcome. If they try to bring Hayseed Hank Bounds back as President, whatever talented faculty there are at UNL will leave too.
I'm okay with losing 100% of the faculty if we keep Turd & Rhule.

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
On a scale of 1-10, how naive am I in thinking that this won’t have a huge effect on Rhule? I’m sure he’s not pleased, and they obviously had a good relationship, but I would imagine he’ll have a lot of input on the next hire and whoever comes in will almost certainly give Rhule and the football program all they want.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds