Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Turd admits this won’t work (1 Viewer)

Chi7397

Cornerback
Elite Member
Not that you ever want to actively do damage to your program, but we've seen enough examples of coaches who have walked into "bad situations" and been immediately successful that "setting the program back" is more of a concept that affects bad coaches who won't work out anyways.

This is true but runs contrary to the repeated argument that a new coach deserves five full years to turn a program around 🤔

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
This is true but runs contrary to the repeated argument that a new coach deserves five full years to turn a program around 🤔

Anecdotal evidence is always a fun and useful thing.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I've never subscribed to the view that they do. Five full years is like Big Ten title contender time

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Here….

Firing him this year, spending 20 million to do it, then trying your best to get a top candidate that will also have a buyout likely in the 8 figure range, was NEVER going to happen.

The AD was never going to be able to raise that type of money when we were having trouble raising money for the new facility and the university was simply never going to just eat what would probably amount to 30 million dollars before you even discuss annual salary and assistant pool for the next guy.

Now, in the scenario that played out today, if Scott fails next year you’ll have a unified fan and booster base that isn’t having to spend 20 million before you even discuss the next guy and his buyout. So your budget for the next guy just got considerably larger.

If you fired Frost you’re looking for a guy that doesn’t have a buyout. Which means you’re not getting anyone with experience.

The idea I’m having to spell it all out for you is pretty ridiculous.
First of all, I was/am all onboard with the idea that Frost needs to be fired. That being said, I think you have nailed why he wasn't fired. Frost needs to go, but this was a genius move by Turd. I'm disappointed with the outcome, but am super impressed with Turd.

That being said, I think the issue next year will be the definition of "failure." Yes, another 3-9 will result in a unified fan base that is ready to move on, but what about 6-6. Then I think we will be right where we are again, with half the fans/media pointing to "improvement," and the other half pointing to 5 years without a winning season. That's what I'm afraid of. The schedule alone should add 2 wins to our record. We will be fed a false sense of improvement...

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
First of all, I was/am all onboard with the idea that Frost needs to be fired. That being said, I think you have nailed why he wasn't fired. Frost needs to go, but this was a genius move by Turd. I'm disappointed with the outcome, but am super impressed with Turd.

That being said, I think the issue next year will be the definition of "failure." Yes, another 3-9 will result in a unified fan base that is ready to move on, but what about 6-6. Then I think we will be right where we are again, with half the fans/media pointing to "improvement," and the other half pointing to 5 years without a winning season. That's what I'm afraid of. The schedule alone should add 2 wins to our record. We will be fed a false sense of improvement...

I’ve been very impressed with how Turd has gone about his business. It’s clear as day that he knows what he’s doing and he’s clearly above any of the shenanigans from the last regime. What I’m meaning by that is you’re never going to hear Turd even be accused of anything like Moos was. That’s awesome and a nice feeling.

That being said, I’d be absolutely floored if Frost doesn’t have clear metrics that need to be met for his performance in 2022 and beyond to be considered at expectation.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds