Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

TPB Special Edition Saturday Night Open Chat

I think if we had 3 good OL playing at a B+
I think you got this. I think Turner, Benhart and Cam are all at this level. It wouldn't shock me if 1 or 2 of those guys ended up on an all B1G team.
better level and a legit RB that could handle 25+ carries a week
I would change this to having 3 RBs who together can get 30 carries a game together for 5.5+ a carry consistently. If we can't get this Held is probably gone.

I think Frost is going to run this system, but I think he is transitioning it to being more physical. Bigger OL, Bigger WRs, Bigger RBs, etc..

I believe @slattimer said it perfectly, too cute of play calling. That pitch to Hickman last year against Rutgers last year was stupid. Also thought then and still think that the option was the only play that goal line series that worked perfectly was very ironic lol
I think one of our best plays was that QB blast/ISO we did.

Fuck red zone cost us against NW no doubt. We were better later, but man we just need to be able to have a core set of plays we feel confident in.

Fuck we have 80 TEs now, a couple of big RBs and a big ass OL. We surely can figure out how to be efficient down there.

I think one of our best plays was that QB blast/ISO we did.

Fuck red zone cost us against NW no doubt. We were better later, but man we just need to be able to have a core set of plays we feel confident in.

Fuck we have 80 TEs now, a couple of big RBs and a big ass OL. We surely can figure out how to be efficient down there.
I’m at the point in my Scott Frost timeline where I no longer justify things with talent, S&C, or experience. For the most part that is all there now, it’s time to make shit happen

I think you got this. I think Turner, Benhart and Cam are all at this level. It wouldn't shock me if 1 or 2 of those guys ended up on an all B1G team.

I would change this to having 3 RBs who together can get 30 carries a game together for 5.5+ a carry consistently. If we can't get this Held is probably gone.

I think Frost is going to run this system, but I think he is transitioning it to being more physical. Bigger OL, Bigger WRs, Bigger RBs, etc..

I can’t believe how we went from having legit RBs from really 06-18 and now can’t find somebody at that level.

Lucky
Helu
Burkhead
Abdullah

Shiit id even take the Senior year version of Cross or Ozigbo

Helu
Burkhead
Abdullah

And almost all at the same time. T-Mart zone read option to Burkhead, then pitch option to Abdullah? That was a nice thing to have. Also, two of the three weren't that highly recruited.

By the way, I think the mods here are okay with you just typing "shit," but I'm perfectly fine with you modifying it for either emphasis or puritan reasons. @Faux Sean Callahan starts most of his sentences with flatout "fuck." It would be cool if real Dean did that for a day.

I can’t believe how we went from having legit RBs from really 06-18 and now can’t find somebody at that level.

Lucky
Helu
Burkhead
Abdullah

Shiit id even take the Senior year version of Cross or Ozigbo
Thanks HCMR and Held.

I think a lot of people took Brown for granted, but really hard to argue with his results.

Same conversation could be had about the golf coach wr.

OL to a lesser extent. HCMR and Cav only recruited...
- Jaimes
- Farniok
- Wilson
- Decker

1 good OT, 1 average og/OT, 1 below average OG and a good center but didn't like football.

It is amazing how bad HCMR was at recruiting offensive talent.

Also amazing at how much slower building up the offense has been than I expected.

And almost all at the same time. T-Mart zone read option to Burkhead, then pitch option to Abdullah? That was a nice thing to have. Also, two of the three weren't that highly recruited.

By the way, I think the mods here are okay with you just typing "shit," but I'm perfectly fine with you modifying it for either emphasis or puritan reasons. @Faux Sean Callahan starts most of his sentences with flatout "fuck." It would be cool if real Dean did that for a day.

The MB allowed most swear words after the change in 2016 but I refuse to stop using the old school spelling as a hat tip to better times.

cvnt, shiit, fvck, dmvn, a55hole, biitch, sloots, etc etc

That makes perfect sense. My opinion is this, I think we are past the point of Frost’s career here, where he can sell the flashy potential of that Oregon UCF offense here, only because of the results so far. Those guys that he needs to do that are going to Ohio state if they’re coming to the big 10. And that gap is obviously huge. So I think that’s where that conflict is happening. I do think if he won more in those first 2-3 years, more of those Omar Manning’s would have showed and stayed. So then the question begs, if you can’t get the Ohio state caliber guys here because it may be too late, but you preach old school nebraska tactics, at what point do you embody that and live old school Nebraska on the field? And I just mean offensively. Defensively, I actually think we’re on a very nice track there. It’s hard for me personally to buy into that and stay up beat, when you go from the gun on the 3, run a little pitch to Hickman, and get fuckin stuffed. I know we were a block from Corcoran away from scoring there, but why be so cute?
Ya, Frost's decision to bring an inexperienced staff with him and badmouth the old staff and run a bunch of guys off the team really cost him. I think the pandemic really tore the mask off the program and Frost realized how fragile the foundation is.

I am curious why we don't have some kind of i formation goal line package and have to run everything out of the shotgun.

Ya, Frost's decision to bring an inexperienced staff with him and badmouth the old staff and run a bunch of guys off the team really cost him. I think the pandemic really tore the mask off the program and Frost realized how fragile the foundation is.

I am curious why we don't have some kind of i formation goal line package and have to run everything out of the shotgun.
So I can understand why he brought the staff he did, and why he's retained most of them. They won a lot of games. You don't know some can't succeed at this level until they get a chance at it.

I actually don't have a problem with the things that he has said over the last few years since he's been here. Some call it cocky and arrogant, that's fine. I hate political correctness and I love it when people speak their mind and are actually honest to the media. My opinion, that's what he did. Let's not act like the Riley product didn't suck. Let's not act like we were proud of any of it. Frost's product hasn't been great overall either. But you can see improvement if you're paying attention.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back