Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

TPB Special Edition Saturday Night Open Chat (3 Viewers)

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
West roads shooting thread got locked on Rivals due to some racist remarks.

My thought process is that everyone is racist to some extent; it’s not a yes/no type of situation and more of a 1-100 scale.

So did this last year make people more racist or did we recognize more racism throughout society?

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
What are the strengths?
System - Offensive system, despite having some major defects, gets some guys open and opens up some solid running lanes.
Devloping - Defense consistently gets better
S&C & Nutrition
Recruiting - The classes they have signed without any tangible evidence of success on the field is a minor miracle

What are the weaknesses?
Feels like they are consistently running around putting out fires...
  1. Penalties early on
  2. Turnovers
  3. Special teams
  4. Not bringing the staff he wanted originally
I think there have been some really dumb things that have happened. Where they seem to having a new way of sucking at coaching up in games. Always seems they fire one round off and blow off a toe.

Can they make Nebraska respectable again?
Yes.

They walked into a situation where they basically had.....
1. Jaimes
2. Farniok
3. Wilson
4. Decker

That was their OL room that HCMR and Cav signed. 1 guy who is a late round pick, 1 very average OG, 1 bad OG and a good center, but didn't like playing football.

That is a damn near death sentence for most coaching staffs walking in.

I am not saying they will for sure as they are well behind where I thought they would be.

Do people that matter at this point think Frost can make Nebraska respectable again?
Yes

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
System - Offensive system, despite having some major defects, gets some guys open and opens up some solid running lanes.
S&C & Nutrition
Recruiting - The classes they have signed without any tangible evidence of success on the field is a minor miracle

1. Penalties early on
  2. Turnovers
  3. Special teams
I think there have been some really dumb things that have happened. Where they seem to having a new way of sucking at coaching up in games. Always seems they fire one round off and blow off a toe.

Yes.

1. Jaimes
2. Farniok
3. Wilson
4. Decker

That was their OL room that HCMR and Cav signed. 1 guy who is a late round pick, 1 very average OG, 1 bad OG and a good center, but didn't like playing football.

I am not saying they will for sure as they are well behind where I thought they would be.

Yes
You mentioned not having the staff he originally wanted....was having the entire UCF staff come with him not what he wanted? Or was he trying to be loyal and offering but hoping some would say no?

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
West roads shooting thread got locked on Rivals due to some racist remarks.
Two African American fellas shoot up a mall.

My thought process is that everyone is racist to some extent; it’s not a yes/no type of situation and more of a 1-100 scale.
I agree with this. There are certain things that everybody wont do with other race. Just depends on how big of a jack ass you are about it if you are a bad person. JMO.

So did this last year make people more racist or did we recognize more racism throughout society?
People are the same... An election year draws the light to it more JMO

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
You mentioned not having the staff he originally wanted....was having the entire UCF staff come with him not what he wanted? Or was he trying to be loyal and offering but hoping some would say no?
I think it was an offer of being loyal. You got me here you can come with me type deal.

Now I feel he made a big decision to get rid of some of them to move on.

I kinda wonder if he thought Walters would get the HC job.

Now I will say UCF had some really good coaches on that staff that I am glad are here... Fish, Dawson, Beckton, Austin and Chin to name a few.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
What's one negative narrative about the staff/team that is absolutely wrong?

And what's one positive narrative about the staff/team that is absolutely wrong?

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
How's that make your weiner feel Dean? Other than harder than a diamond in an ice storm.
Tom Hardy GIF

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
S&C & Nutrition

1. Penalties early on
  2. Turnovers
  3. Special teams

Yes.

1. Jaimes
2. Farniok
3. Wilson
4. Decker

Yes
I feel like offensively they’re still trying to outsmart people. Instead of out execute people. And until that changes. I’m skeptical.

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
I'm in total agreement with this statement
I feel like offensively they’re still trying to outsmart people. Instead of out execute people. And until that changes. I’m skeptical.

Also, I've posted some vids of practice today in the thread "Who is going to practice today?" thread

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I would agree with that. I also am curious how much of that is in Frost's DNA vs trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

If you remember back to the Troy game after it Frost said something along the lines of.... I want the identity of us to be running the ball and playing good defense. I tried to hang our hat on that. We lost and that blew up in our face.

If we continue down this path after this year I will really question if he ever makes that change back. JMO

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG
I would agree with that. I also am curious how much of that is in Frost's DNA vs trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

If you remember back to the Troy game after it Frost said something along the lines of.... I want the identity of us to be running the ball and playing good defense. I tried to hang our hat on that. We lost and that blew up in our face.

If we continue down this path after this year I will really question if he ever makes that change back. JMO
Frost has had a lot of issues w/ finding the teams identity. We could have a long long chat about what he’s done right/wrong...my biggest take away from his years at the helm was having a 5’8” 175lb “bell cow” in the B1G. I know Mills got his touches but Frost can’t figure out if he wants an Oregon offense or a Nebraska 90’s O. And the you can go on and on and on about how he talks to croots.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Frost has had a lot of issues w/ finding the teams identity. We could have a long long chat about what he’s done right/wrong...my biggest take away from his years at the helm was having a 5’8” 175lb “bell cow” in the B1G. I know Mills got his touches but Frost can’t figure out if he wants an Oregon offense or a Nebraska 90’s O. And the you can go on and on and on about how he talks to croots.
I think post Penn State they used Wandale almost exactly how he should have.

I think this is a good example of what I said. We literally had on offense Martinez, Wandale and Mills who he felt comfortable with making plays. Otherwise you had a bunch of white walk ons at WR or the walking wounded RBs.

Wandale should have been our 3rd option at RB and never asked to carry it north of 10 times. But when you are trying to win, you have limited options and he is one of your most explosive players he needed to get more touches.

The way I look at what he wants is a bigger version of what Oregon was.

Talks to croots? What are you referencing here?

hothouse_corn

Wide Receiver
Who are Faux Sean and Black Dean on the RSS?

Do they still post on the mothership?

Also, Jim hasn't bant a single poster yet despite being a GOD MOD, and I'm concerned he'll never live up to the "7th brat"'s legacy of modding. See you all in Detroit.

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG
I think post Penn State they used Wandale almost exactly how he should have.

I think this is a good example of what I said. We literally had on offense Martinez, Wandale and Mills who he felt comfortable with making plays. Otherwise you had a bunch of white walk ons at WR or the walking wounded RBs.

Wandale should have been our 3rd option at RB and never asked to carry it north of 10 times. But when you are trying to win, you have limited options and he is one of your most explosive players he needed to get more touches.

The way I look at what he wants is a bigger version of what Oregon was.

Talks to croots? What are you referencing here?
Nvm what I said re: croots, but have you heard if the stadium will be full in the fall?

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Who are Faux Sean and Black Dean on the RSS?

Do they still post on the mothership?

Also, Jim hasn't bant a single poster yet despite being a GOD MOD, and I'm concerned he'll never live up to the "7th brat"'s legacy of modding. See you all in Detroit.
BD is Motorboater I believe
I’ll let Faux decide if he wants to unmask himself

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds