Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

TPB Open Chat 3-19 Brought to you by Sugarland Moonshine

I am high on Martinez.

Football is the ultimate team game. QB is probably 4th on my list of concerns for the offense.
  1. OL - Cant snap the ball consistently. Young group here. Should be the most talented group we have had in a while here.
  2. WR - Back to back worst in the B1G from this group. Should be a nice uptick.
  3. RB - Walking wounded last year. Needs to stay healthy and develop depth.
  4. QB - Has to stay healthy and take the next step forward.
  5. TE - Nothing too say. Allen and Vokolek are good and Fidone is all world ability.
My concern is keeping him healthy and getting some momentum working with Betts, Toure, Manning, ETC....
What are your top concerns on D?

What are your top concerns on D?
  • Keeping guys happy... I worry about a guy like Farmer who was supposed to get his turn now both safeties are back. Have to keep these guys engaged.
  • Turnovers turnover turnovers. Need to get more, but turnovers generally come from pressures on the QB. So, just in general developing havoc plays. Sacks, QB hurries, PBU's, deflections, etc...
  • Maintaining the momentum we had on 3rd down defense toward the end of the year (best in the nation level), shutting down the best WRs in the league that weren't on OSU and continue developing on stopping the run

What’s the skinny on the lineman overall from winter S&C? I said from the very beginning this would be the offseason that we’d fully match Wisconsin’s physicality and be able to push Cockeye around. Any reports that support that prediction?

What’s the skinny on the lineman overall from winter S&C? I said from the very beginning this would be the offseason that we’d fully match Wisconsin’s physicality and be able to push Cockeyes around. Any reports that support that prediction?
The guys I have been told that pass the eye test from winter conditioning are... Corcoran, Benhart, Robinson, Newsome, Jurgens, Piper, Fritz and Banks. Our RBs are in unbelievable shape specially Morrison, Thompkins, and Scott. Manning, Betts, and Nixon look like physical freaks.

I would also say, I feel we were pushing around Cockeye last year. I feel we won a majority of the snaps that day, but the few we lost cost us the game.

The guys I have been told that pass the eye test from winter conditioning are... Corcoran, Benhart, Robinson, Newsome, Jurgens, Piper, Fritz and Banks. Our RBs are in unbelievable shape specially Morrison, Thompkins, and Scott. Manning, Betts, and Nixon look like physical freaks.

I would also say, I feel we were pushing around Cockeyes last year. I feel we won a majority of the snaps that day, but the few we lost cost us the game.
Love it. Big fan of Cam, rooting for him. I think this is a massive year for him. Hoping we see benhart lose a little of that baby fat and fill out that uniform a little more. Excited about Corcoran. Highly doubt itd happen but I’d get fully Husked if they came out in a Power I Formation with Scott at FB and really any of them at RB

Love it. Big fan of Cam, rooting for him. I think this is a massive year for him. Hoping we see benhart lose a little of that baby fat and fill out that uniform a little more. Excited about Corcoran. Highly doubt itd happen but I’d get fully Husked if they came out in a Power I Formation with Scott at FB and really any of them at RB
I think Cam if healthy and if he snaps the ball well has All B1G and essentially All American ability as a center. Those are two big IFs though for him.

Benhart I have been told has made a very big jump in terms of physical appearance.

Turner is a very physical player. We might lack some next year in pass pro with him, but we are taking a step forward in run blocking.

You won't see us in an I formation. What you should hope for is to continue to see us use the pistol look. With our scheme we can have an OL that is around middle of the pack in the B1G and still have an effective offense. We go under center we need to be in the top 2 OL's of the B1G to have an effective offense. Why do you think Michigan adjusted away from? The rules of the modern game favor the RPO too much IMO.

I think Cam if healthy and if he snaps the ball well has All B1G and essentially All American ability as a center. Those are two big IFs though for him.

Benhart I have been told has made a very big jump in terms of physical appearance.

Turner is a very physical player. We might lack some next year in pass pro with him, but we are taking a step forward in run blocking.

You won't see us in an I formation. What you should hope for is to continue to see us use the pistol look. With our scheme we can have an OL that is around middle of the pack in the B1G and still have an effective offense. We go under center we need to be in the top 2 OL's of the B1G to have an effective offense. Why do you think Michigan adjusted away from? The rules of the modern game favor the RPO too much IMO.
I’ll take the pistol formation. I know it was only Rutgers but I really liked what we did that night. I’m off for the night. Thank you for your service and everyone on the board have a great night!

I’ll take the pistol formation. I know it was only Rutgers but I really liked what we did that night. I’m off for the night. Thank you for your service and everyone on the board have a great night!
Pistol formation is nice because it’s less distance for Cam to snap the ball😂

I was calling for this after about the 3rd or 4th game of Mills. You could tell he was struggling adjusting to a spread running attack. I felt pistol got him going downhill and didn't compromise what Frost wanted to be on offense..

Pistol formation is nice because it’s less distance for Cam to snap the ball😂
barney stinson tru GIF

Thats not what I meant it to be but thats definitely some nice acronym work.
It's alright, but when you think about it, is their a way for an otter to bite one's testicles pretty good? Probably not. I'd do some internet sleuthing, but that's one rabbit hole too far for me.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back