Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Inside Info TPB Friday night open chat (2 Viewers)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I agree

and if we go 8-4 with a blowout win over Cockeyes or Wisconsin the new AD better not even think about firing Frost (at that time, who knows later but after a season like that it’s a no go)
If they go 8-4 in any fashion, Frost is safe. If you take care of business in the west, you're right there for the conference title game as I think if you are good enough to put Cockeye in play for a win, you're likely good enough to put Michigan and Wisconsin too

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
If we go 8-4 this year the AD better not even think about firing Frost cuz that would be his best coaching job in a long long time due to strength of schedule and losing the best player on the entire team.

btw, which of these do you think we win? (unless you think we drop a game to somebody else besides these 5)

at OU
Michigan
Ohio St
at Wisconsin
Cockeyes
Right. Frost goes 8-4 and the rest of RSS better keep their pants on for atleast another 2 years.

OU- L
Mich: toss up just case of all they got going on right now, think we have a chance to win if we start the year hot
tOSU: L, but could be closer this year with their QB change
Wisconsin: toss up, but lean L in an absolute blood bath
Cockeye: W

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
Damn Right GIF by memecandy
one of the most under valued GIFs ever

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
Man I don't know. I was talking to my guy and he is higher on Yant than I am.

I am hopeful that our medical department found the true problem behind the Stepp injuries.

I think we will have 1 guy who will average 15 ish + carries then 2 that get 15 between the two. Martinez gets 10 and that gets us to 40 carries a game which is a magic number under Frost.

Stepp is a ahead of schedule from what I was told.

The summer work out are huge for this group IMO. Sevy needs to make up a year of S&C. Yant burns too hot to be an every down back. Stepp needs to make up spring work outs.

Gun to my left nut, I am probably taking Stepp, Scott and Ervin as my top 3 backs with Yant as a situational guy.
I’ll say this for Yant. Dude came in as a freshman and was handed nothing and had to get his grades right. Not a lot of 18 year olds can do that. Dude has a kid at 18-19. Dude knows what the stakes are. Pretty sure he’s going to be a fan favorite by year end.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I’ll say this for Yant. Dude came in as a freshman and was handed nothing and had to get his grades right. Not a lot of 18 year olds can do that. Dude has a kid at 18-19. Dude knows what the stakes are. Pretty sure he’s going to be a fan favorite by year end.
Agreed. My post was more looking at this year. He could grow into an every down guy, but I'm not seeing it right now.

I have a lot of respect for what he has had to do

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider

I hope you’re right. Honestly, I don’t care who does it or how it gets done. We need about 3 backs that we can trust to hand the ball to.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds