Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

tPB Official bitch fest thread

Each team we've played is better than the last. Yes, NI >>> Puffs
Each week we've played worse. Beginning with the 2nd half vs Puffs
The DEF got lit up for 18 plays and 14 minutes in Q1 vs NI and hasn't been the same since.
DEF couldn't get off the field on about 7 third and longs last night. Any one or two of those and the game is different.
Not sure how White's crew is gonna stop power run games upcoming.

Raiola is amazing. For a 19yo Freshman He's thrown 2 picks and BOTH were catches taken from WRs on the "way to the ground", including the TD we last last night.
With that tho, he's fortunate to have 4 WRs with really large catch radius's as he's been high and behind a few throws.
Not to mention the couple he threw way short and the WRs and TE had to make a huge adj to come back and get inside the 10 yard lines.
He's also overthrown at least 2 wide fuckin' open receivers for TD passes including the should have been game winner last night.
But...He's gonna be great.

The Run Game disappears at times, and we should be able to run on all 4 opponents so far. Wait til we play "real teams"
The 5th Oldest OL in the country is not that great.
We are now down to our 3rd OT, and we have to now hope that Corcoran is OK.
And then there is the Strange Case of the Missing OG....we need him back.

Special Teams is still a mess. Giving up KO and PR yardage by the buttload.
Cannot make a FG when we need one. With either one.

And since the 2nd half of the Puffs game I'd bet $1.00 that we are in the Top 10 (or 5!) in D1 in Penalties and Yardage.

All of that crap and we are ONLY another 1st down and FG, or the overthrown TD pass to the TE or a shitty non call for taunting the kicker last night away from being 4-0 after grinding off 7 minutes of a 4Q clock. Like we should be able to do and then WIN a CLOSE game where we were not a dominate team.

Instead we are now, what 2 - 20?, in ONE Score games the last 3 years.

My $0.02 and #GBR!

Last edited:
Not calling for firing. I just haven’t drank the Rhule aid. Some serious introspection needs to be considered on second half management. Rhule is absolutely horrendous in the second half.

Its now been 9 games in a row where second half game management has been a serious issue and has cost us games last year and now once SO FAR this year.

There is a reason some of us were worried with the second half performance against Colorado. Rhule imo has done just as bad of a job as the players in the second half. Tonight that fear became reality.

8-4 was my original prediction with 2 losses to teams you should have beat (other two were to USC and OSU). More game management like these last 9 games and were gonna be in more 6-6 or 7-5 range.

Side note: Love me some TW but wtf is our issue on getting off the field on 3rd down??
We haven’t been able to get off the field on 3rd down in 15 years. 3rd and 7 is practically a given that they will get a first down

Fast Food Face GIF by MOODMAN

It’s more than just that.
2nd and goal from the 3 — pass, pass, FG. 3 downs to just get 3 yards. If you want to win you don’t kick from the fucking 3. You get a tuddy

He let 20-30 seconds run off the clock before calling a timeout on Illinois last 3rd down play in regulation to play for OT. CALL IT WITH A FUCKING MINUTE LEFT.
Preach brotha.

Penalties last night, to me were the most painful.

Next LBs were pretty bad last night.

And overall a number of times where eyes were in the backfield and not on picking up their assignments. Too many missed assignments and bad fits. Really rough.

Coach never mentioned bad scheme today with the defense at press conference, just lack of execution. Those saying we were out coached what are your thoughts? Is coach wrong?

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back