Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

The Official tPB Reaction to HOL Andy Staples Interview (1 Viewer)

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
2 Days ago, Sean Callahan and Sip released their interview with Andy Staples, who recently jumped to Tater Island.

For background - Andy Staples has to be one of the most respected and level-headed college football fanatics. He's connected, he knows his shit, and I'd consider this a HUGE addition for Tater Island. For reference - the Post Game Spring Game show has 11K view from 3 months ago (hilariously pathetic numbers) and the Andy Staples interview already has 10K+ views in 2 days. So he's a big pull. Great opportunity to grow their own reach.

The opening question puts on full display the incompetance of the local media:

Sean fucks up the intro: "First of all, welcome to Tater Island - you ARE going to be launching your own daily shows...so where can they find your daily show in the coming weeks?"
AS: "Oh it's already launched - there's 4 episodes out right now"

Staples was consistenly cutting off Sip and Dean in order to keep it moving and interesting, or giving "no brainer" type responses to pretty elementary/shitty questions...Hilarious to watch him have to spend time with these guys that don't know what they are doing in the podcast/youtube show type format.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Sip is the member of the group that is funny but doesn’t realize everyone is laughing at him and not with him.

I truly don’t mind him.
Paraphrased here but...At one point Sip says: "I just wouldn't send a representative to B1G media days" and that was one of those things that was EXACTLY what you're saying here. Like, he thinks that sounds like such a great idea and everyone just laughs at it when they hear it.

And Dean follows up with "luckily, Northwestern doesn't have a lot of media around them" as they are literally one of the prestigious Journalism schools in the world. I get what he means - people don't care about daily Northwestern happenings. True. But to say it that way just cracked me up.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I listened to that yesterday as well and thought he made Dean and Co look foolish as well.

Sip is still a fun, goofy listen though.
I've listened a few times and Sip kills me.

Dean will say something to the affect of: The QBs had a good day of practice, according to Coach Rhule.

And Sip jumps in immediately, sometimes interrupting, to say: Sean, according to Rhule, the QBs DID have a GOOD day of practice.

Slays me every time.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Paraphrased here but...At one point Sip says: "I just wouldn't send a representative to B1G media days" and that was one of those things that was EXACTLY what you're saying here. Like, he thinks that sounds like such a great idea and everyone just laughs at it when they hear it.

And Dean follows up with "luckily, Northwestern doesn't have a lot of media around them" as they are literally one of the prestigious Journalism schools in the world. I get what he means - people don't care about daily Northwestern happenings. True. But to say it that way just cracked me up.
Did you hear the story of how they were driving from Jacksonville and they had Gregg “I’m not drunk just tired” Peterson driving through the mountains at night going 80 mph?

I would rather take my chances and wrestle with a bear.

ShortSideOption

Linebacker
Insider

Their journalism department is literally the ones that blew the lid off this entire thing.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG

Goddamn, Sip was right.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Goddamn, Sip was right.

Okay, a couple of things to respond to this:

1) WHAT THE FUCK!? I don't want to live in a world in which Steven F. Sipple is accurate.

2) Imagine running a B1G Athletic program and starting ANY announcement with "we've talked to our parents..." hilarious.

3) What the fuck is happening that Sipple is right...

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Teams not going to media days is not unprecedented.
Remember, Nebraska didn't go B1G media days in 2016 because it was just a few days after Sam Foltz's accident.
Yes, I understand that's a vastly different kind of reason, but it shows that media days are not some absolute requirement.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Goddamn, Sip was right.

Ok - this just in...

Braun gave a statement AT Media Days today. So now that begs the question...

What the FUCK is Northwestern doing? A press release that they won't be attending, but then their Interim Head Coach is in attendance and speaking?

Most importantly, Sip remains incorrect.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Ok - this just in...

What the FUCK is Northwestern doing? A press release that they won't be attending, but then their Interim Head Coach is in attendance and speaking?

Things feel a bit chaotic over in Evanston as of late.

Skerz4Life50

Cornerback
Elite Member
Ok - this just in...

The only people who said they weren't attending were the 3 players Northwestern had chosen to represent them.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds