Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

tPB Official bitch fest thread

Defense got punched in the mouth and guys like Gifford, Robinson, Nash, completed got manhandled and disappeared.
Bad on the players and worse on White who was basically toyed with by the Illini OC. It was embarrassing.

I think it's time for people to get a bit grounded when it comes to Tony White. He's a good DC but he mostly had success against terrible offenses last year. Last night looked like it was a late Pelini era, Diaco or Chinander defense.

I don't pay as close attention in the offseason as others, but did we bring in even one exciting transfer player?

I honestly can't even think of one through 4 games.

And they better be willing to spend some money in the offseason because the lack of playmakers on both sides of the ball is quite alarming.

I don't pay as close attention in the offseason as others, but did we bring in even one exciting transfer player?

I honestly can't even think of one through 4 games.

And they better be willing to spend some money in the offseason because the lack of playmakers on both sides of the ball is quite alarming.
We brought in two of the most NFL ready receivers that have ever played in Lincoln

Personnel is there to go 9-3. It’s an execution issue

Neyor is ok but no where near NFL. He is awful perimeter blocker and you can’t let a TD get ripped out of your hands.
Neyor
Banks
Trey Palmer
Stanley Morgan

Neyor and Trey are the only two with NFL genes

Not a lot of distance between any of those guys imo and that’s your four best. I don’t have a problem with their portal strat, they’ve got a pretty good hit rate

Next year you’re gonna be in the portal for multiple lineman. That will be the test

As long as that's what we witnessed. Holding each other accountable. My issue with this theory is they played even worse after they started "holding each other accountable". Straight gave up in OT.
OT went the way OT always goes. The players weren't yelling at each other to cause the shitty play in those games.

It’s been pathetic to watch/read really.
I understand it in the game threads. Emotions are always running high in the moment. But some of these grown men are still acting like spoiled brats this afternoon. For a board like loves to remind itself not to buy into the hype, we really seem to have a lot of members who let themselves believe this team was a playoff contender.

I understand it in the game threads. Emotions are always running high in the moment. But some of these grown men are still acting like spoiled brats this afternoon. For a board like loves to remind itself not to buy into the hype, we really seem to have a lot of members who let themselves believe this team was a playoff contender.
I didn't believe in the hype and have become pretty grounded as an NU fan over the last 20 years.

My main frustration with last night is that it was as bad or worse than a Frost coached team. Same mistakes, poor game management, bad special teams and the defense was shit. The defense being that bad was what really struck me. That was like watching the Georgia Southern game where you knew they wouldn't stop them.

At the very least, I expect to see a more disciplined team but that was nowhere to be found last night. It was embarrassing.

it was as bad or worse than a Frost coached team
Fast Food Face GIF by MOODMAN

I didn't believe in the hype and have become pretty grounded as an NU fan over the last 20 years.

My main frustration with last night is that it was as bad or worse than a Frost coached team. Same mistakes, poor game management, bad special teams and the defense was shit. The defense being that bad was what really struck me. That was like watching the Georgia Southern game where you knew they wouldn't stop them.

At the very least, I expect to see a more disciplined team but that was nowhere to be found last night. It was embarrassing.
I don’t think you remember the Frost years very well.

Quite shocking, although not at all surprising. Felt like coming into the season there was an alignment around 7-5/8-4 type of year. I don't like to see us lose, but what changed? Still feel like we are a 7-5 to 8-4 team.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back