Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Inside Info TPB Friday night open chat - Brought to you by Sugarland Apple Pie Moonshine (1 Viewer)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
If you ever go to Gatlinburg TN (I highly highly highly it as a vacation spot) I would recommend stopping at Sugarland Moonshine Distillery. $5 gets you a sampling. IIRC their sampling is 15 taster shots (probably half a regular shot +/-), but they give you a coupon for $5 off your purchase. They also do a buy 2 get 1 1/2 off. So I bought a case of their Apple Pie Moonshine. No shit, taste like those caramel apple suckers you use to have when you were a kid.

1619829748109.png

Anyway enough about my alcohol problem. I am opening it up to take your questions.

triple h wrestling GIF by WWE

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
How badly are we going to fistfuck Cockeye Wisconsin this year

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Top 5 nfl prospects currently on Nebraska's team with their respective ceiling round IYO?

Kaladin

Elite Member
Post the coaching staff you want Scotty Frost to have in 2022.

Post the starting lineup you want Nebraska to have in 2022.

I have probably already ask you this but there's never been a better time to think about 2022 than now

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Top 5 nfl prospects currently on Nebraska's team with their respective ceiling round IYO?
  1. CTB
  2. Manning (if he proves he can grind)
  3. Betts
  4. Benhart/Teddy/Turner -Wouldn't surprise me if any of them are 1st rounder when it is all said and done.
    1. Bonus nug here Teddy is the real deal. It would not surprise me to see him starting LT and bump Turner to OG next year.
  5. Cam Jurgens - Simply a mid round pick on athleticism alone.

bbenson67

Cornerback
Elite Member
tPB OG
If you ever go to Gatlinburg TN (I highly highly highly it as a vacation spot) I would recommend stopping at Sugarland Moonshine Distillery. $5 gets you a sampling. IIRC their sampling is 15 taster shots (probably half a regular shot +/-), but they give you a coupon for $5 off your purchase. They also do a buy 2 get 1 1/2 off. So I bought a case of their Apple Pie Moonshine. No shit, taste like those caramel apple suckers you use to have when you were a kid.

View attachment 2793

Anyway enough about my alcohol problem. I am opening it up to take your questions.

Back in the '60s, there was a 50,000 watt flamethrower rock and roll station in Oklahoma City with the call letters KOMA. We could pick it up easily at night in Omaha and it was a nice alternative to KOIL. One of the most memorable things about that station was its PSAs. They tended to revolve around the dangers of home brew and would blast out "don't drink moonshine whiskey" a couple of times an hour. A little culture shock while cruising Memorial Park and Dodge St.

I second the recommendation on Gatlinburg and would add nearby Pigeon Forge. My brother lives in Franklin, TN a suburb of Nashville and he's the one that filled me on those places. You can have my share of the moonshine though. Not my thing.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Post the coaching staff you want Scotty Frost to have in 2022.

Post the starting lineup you want Nebraska to have in 2022.

I have probably already ask you this but there's never been a better time to think about 2022 than now
2022 staff
  • Same exact D staff.
  • Move Mario to analyst
  • Fire Held and hire Jeff Nixon
  • Then bring in either the best WR coach (coach dub would be ideal) or Garrison to help OL.

Fuck if I know what 22 starting lineup will be.... The amount of transfers injuries recruits etc... make this impossible. I think we will see a very similar offense 21 -> 22.

Defense would be
  • DE Ty Casey Newsome
  • NG Daniels/Nutsmasher
  • ILB Nick, Luke, Ginger and Snodgrass.
  • OLB Nelson/Blaise (buy his stock)
  • OLB Wright/Gifford
  • CB Newsome
  • CB Clark
  • Nickel Joseph
  • $ NPG
  • $ Farmer
Yes there would be a better time.. After 2021.

bbenson67

Cornerback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Serious question for the tPB— are any members here on tPB still members over on the scrolls @RR$?!?!

If so.... WHY?!?!

View attachment 2794
I still go to tMB and that means retaining my Scrolls membership. But, big but, I don't go to RSS except on gameday to watch the train wreck aka the live gameday thread. The angst, the hyperbole, the mood swings are some fine entertainment.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Back in the '60s, there was a 50,000 watt flamethrower rock and roll station in Oklahoma City with the call letters KOMA. We could pick it up easily at night in Omaha and it was a nice alternative to KOIL. One of the most memorable things about that station was its PSAs. They tended to revolve around the dangers of home brew and would blast out "don't drink moonshine whiskey" a couple of times an hour. A little culture shock while cruising Memorial Park and Dodge St.

I second the recommendation on Gatlinburg and would add nearby Pigeon Forge. My brother lives in Franklin, TN a suburb of Nashville and he's the one that filled me on those places. You can have my share of the moonshine though. Not my thing.
Pigeon Forge was basically the same as Gatlinburg IMO. Basically Omaha to Waterloo. Find a good spot to stay and have fun. We are wanting to go back soon.

This is the view from my room
1619832230123.png

Yes that is the moonshine

Attachments

• 1619832189092.png
    1619832189092.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 0

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Newborn daughter as of Monday. Wife is breast feeding and supplementing formula when the tits can’t catch up some times. Daughter started spitting up a lot as of this afternoon and has been up until now, and is now sleeping. Any tips on combos of breast milk/formula to prevent this and/or just keep things smooth? Wife is awful stressed out about it but I I’m pretty laid back and am not too worried as spit up and poop are normal colors.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Newborn daughter as of Monday. Wife is breast feeding and supplementing formula when the tits can’t catch up some times. Daughter started spitting up a lot as of this afternoon and has been up until now, and is now sleeping. Any tips on combos of breast milk/formula to prevent this and/or just keep things smooth? Wife is awful stressed out about it but I I’m pretty laid back and am not too worried as spit up and poop are normal colors.
I got nothing

Congrats on the kiddo. I have 2 daughters and they have a special spot for daddy.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG

View attachment 2793

When do I get to co-host this Friday night shit-show question thing you do?? @bbenson67 and I are the elder statesmen around here, damnit......🤨

p.s......Any chance of getting a taste of that shine later in May?? 😍

Kaladin

Elite Member
How is our recruiting looking so far for 2022?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds