Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

tPB Fantasy Football League (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSeaRising

Commissioner
Elite Member
tPB OG
All - with football season right around the corner, looking at firing the tPB Fantasy League up again this year. Depending on interest, we might have to do 2 leagues.

Buy-in: $100
Payouts: 1st - 65-70% | 2nd - 25-30% | 3rd - Breakeven ($100)
Scoring: PPR with big play bonuses
Tight Ends: At least 5 per team, 3 must be in starting lineup each week
Draft: Date & time TBD

Let me know if you want in, I tagged everyone from last year but certainly happy to welcome in new participants.

Here's who said they wanted in again from last year:

@Red Finger
@ThomOsborneMD
@Cookiemonster
@HuskerPsych
@MtnHusker
@Jim14510
@HuskerGarrett

Others who participated last year but haven't yet confirmed for this year:

@Boondock_St_Sker
@BushAK
@Saudi_aurora
@MrKnightedHusker
@Krup21
@Red Dog
@huskermack

Josh:

@joshuahuskers

Confirmed for 2022:

@ThomOsborneMD
@huskermack
@Red Dog
@MtnHusker
@HuskerGarrett
@Cookiemonster
@Red Finger
@Jim14510
@joshuahuskers
@HuskerDocCo
@turek420845

Last edited:

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
lol. I’m already in two dynasty 53-man roster leagues. I’m out.

PS I still think the last minute rule change was ridiculous.

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
All - with football season right around the corner, looking at firing the tPB Fantasy League up again this year. Depending on interest, we might have to do 2 leagues.

Let me know if you want in, I tagged everyone from last year but certainly happy to welcome in new participants.

@Red Finger
@ThomOsborneMD
@Cookiemonster
@HuskerPsych
@MtnHusker
@Jim14510

@Boondock_St_Sker
@BushAK
@Saudi_aurora
@MrKnightedHusker
@Krup21
@Red Dog
@huskermack

Josh:

@joshuahuskers
5 TEs? Am I on a Cockeye board!?

huskermack

Offensive
Elite Member
tPB OG

@Red Finger
@ThomOsborneMD
@Cookiemonster
@HuskerPsych
@MtnHusker
@Jim14510

@Boondock_St_Sker
@BushAK
@Saudi_aurora
@MrKnightedHusker
@Krup21
@Red Dog
@huskermack

Josh:

@joshuahuskers
I’m in

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

@Red Finger
@ThomOsborneMD
@Cookiemonster
@HuskerPsych
@MtnHusker
@Jim14510

@Boondock_St_Sker
@BushAK
@Saudi_aurora
@MrKnightedHusker
@Krup21
@Red Dog
@huskermack

Josh:

@joshuahuskers
I'd love to be back in

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG
Probably good enough idea. I will consult with @joshuahuskers and see how he would handle the situation and implement rules accordingly to deal with this unusual situation on the fly. Hope it doesn't ruffle any feathers
Since we’re starting from scratch essentially, I’ve always thought it’d be cool to have a relegation system. Start a second league for last 2 from last year if they want in and then a new 10-12 if there are enough.

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Probably good enough idea. I will consult with @joshuahuskers and see how he would handle the situation and implement rules accordingly to deal with this unusual situation on the fly. Hope it doesn't ruffle any feathers

I mean you guys make fun of me, but seriously basically stole $100 from me on the last minute rule change. But I’m glad you’re all proud of yourselves.

Have a good season. I enjoy the dynasty leagues I’m in much much more than standard fantasy anyway.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
I mean you guys make fun of me, but seriously basically stole $100 from me on the last minute rule change. But I’m glad you’re all proud of yourselves.

Have a good season. I enjoy the dynasty leagues I’m in much much more than standard fantasy anyway.
What was the rule change?

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

It was just a fun league. And you weren't the only one who got caught off guard by the TE switch. I got back from a long day of work with like 2 minutes before the draft started. Wasn't ready for any of it so didn't check messages thus drafted thinking we needed TE's.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
What was the rule change?
If I remember correctly when we expanded the number of people in the league it was decided that we would drop having to play a TE because there were so few TE's that put up decent consistent numbers. Opened it up to play someone else who would score more if you didn't have Kelce or Kittle or one of the 2-3 other TE's that could score weekly.

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
If I remember correctly when we expanded the number of people in the league it was decided that we would drop having to play a TE because there were so few TE's that put up decent consistent numbers. Opened it up to play someone else who would score more if you didn't have Kelce or Kittle or one of the 2-3 other TE's that could score weekly.

This change was made literally 30 minutes before the draft, and I was traveling during the draft (had already said this) and had set to auto draft. Of course no one took TEs so I got stuck with all of them.

Yes having a TE with 12 teams was dubbed fine, but 14 no way. lol. It also diluted the the RB/WR pool so badly that waiver wire pickups were impossible. So I got stuck with 3 worthless TEs and absolutely zero resources to build anything at all with because there was effectively no free agent pool. But the geniuses who made the change last minute and screwed the rest of the league turned up smelling like roses.

RedSeaRising

Commissioner
Elite Member
tPB OG

We make fun of you because a year later you're still salty about a last second rule change, which I agreed was not ideal but it was just the way the cards fell with all the last second additions & deletions of league members, that truly had no bearing on your end result but you blamed your season on it. I get it, it wasn't what you planned for, but you drafted backup TE's in rounds 9 & 12 (and didn't draft your first RB until round 7) and from that point forward blamed your shitty season on the fact that I eliminated the TE position & swapped it out for a flex. For the money you claim to make & your wife making more, I'd think that a year later you'd be able to laugh it off & let go of the $100.

#live #laugh #love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds