Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

tPB Fantasy Football League (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSeaRising

Commissioner
Elite Member
tPB OG
What was the rule change?

I represent all of the geniuses that @joshuahuskers is referring to on the last second rule change.

On draft day, as we were finalizing all the slots, we ended up with a 14 team league. That's right on the edge of being too big for a casual redraft league for fellas on a message board IMO, but decided to roll with it anyway. Leading up to draft time, there was quite a bit of discussion about how scarce the TE pool would be in a 14 team league and that maybe it was a better idea to roll out 2 flex positions instead of the TE spot. I thought it was a good thought, and having never ran larger than a 12 team league, I obliged. It didn't strike me in that moment the impacts it might have on the waiver wire throughout the season, although the waiver pool is never going to be that plentiful in a 14 team league.

Anyway. I acknowledged that in hindsight I didn't stop to identify the entire magnitude of impact that the rule change would have, I was just trying to do what was best in the moment for the league. As I am a flawed commissioner, I made a grave mistake of which I did not understand the brevity in the moment I made it. Josh drafted 3 TE's (including 2 backups in rounds 9 & 12) while drafting 0 RB's until rounds 7 & 8, but understandably & rightfully chose to blame the 2 flex rule and my incompetency as a league commissioner as the reason for his season going to sewage.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Lets Go Reaction GIF by The Lonely Island

Only on one circumstance....more than 3 starting TEs...it's the premium fantasy position...will allow me to draft Austin Allen.

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
We make fun of you because a year later you're still salty about a last second rule change, which I agreed was not ideal but it was just the way the cards fell with all the last second additions & deletions of league members, that truly had no bearing on your end result but you blamed your season on it. I get it, it wasn't what you planned for, but you drafted backup TE's in rounds 9 & 12 (and didn't draft your first RB until round 7) and from that point forward blamed your shitty season on the fact that I eliminated the TE position & swapped it out for a flex. For the money you claim to make & your wife making more, I'd think that a year later you'd be able to laugh it off & let go of the $100.

#live #laugh #love

lol, it’s not about the money. It’s the principle, so yes I am salty. It was completely unfair. And if it’s not a big deal then why make the last minute change? Because it benefitted you, of course.

Also you have no idea how much I make and it’s a little creepy you think you know, so you should probably chill on the stalker vibes.

RedSeaRising

Commissioner
Elite Member
tPB OG
lol, it’s not about the money. It’s the principle, so yes I am salty. It was completely unfair. And if it’s not a big deal then why make the last minute change? Because it benefitted you, of course.

Also you have no idea how much I make and it’s a little creepy you think you know, so you should probably chill on the stalker vibes.
I made the last minute change because I thought it would benefit the league as a whole (as did others), it didn't benefit me for shit as I really don't place a lot of emphasis on TE's, ever.

I have a difficult time accepting that I'm creepy / a stalker for taking information that you publicly blasted out onto a message board:

1659384193209.png

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I made the last minute change because I thought it would benefit the league as a whole (as did others), it didn't benefit me for shit as I really don't place a lot of emphasis on TE's, ever.

I have a difficult time accepting that I'm creepy / a stalker for taking information that you publicly blasted out onto a message board:

View attachment 12348

lol you really went to my post history to find something like that 😂😂😂

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG

View attachment 12348

But you are right. I shouldn’t have posted that. But it was a “one up” thread so it was kind of in the spirit of the thread.

and you’re right, I probably did/do take it too seriously. It just really rubbed me the wrong way. I guess I was used to the other leagues I’m in (particularly the dynasty leagues) where everything is well communicated in advance, everything is voted on for consensus, if not unanimous, and nothing is done last minute. The change caught me by surprise. Yes, my auto draft still sucked but had the free agent pool been deeper, I would have at least had a chance to do *something*

Anyways, I shouldn’t have brought it back up today, so please accept my humble apology. So I’m sorry.

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I mean yes, it took 4 seconds of effort to type "$150k" into the search bar.

lol I didn’t even remember I posted that. Honestly don’t know how you remembered lol.

But anyway, see my post above. My bad and to your point I don’t think anyone anticipated the full impact of the two FLEX spot. Sooooo yeah.

huskermack

Offensive
Elite Member
tPB OG

John Candy No GIF by Laff

RedSeaRising

Commissioner
Elite Member
tPB OG
But you are right. I shouldn’t have posted that. But it was a “one up” thread so it was kind of in the spirit of the thread.

and you’re right, I probably did/do take it too seriously. It just really rubbed me the wrong way. I guess I was used to the other leagues I’m in (particularly the dynasty leagues) where everything is well communicated in advance, everything is voted on for consensus, if not unanimous, and nothing is done last minute. The change caught me by surprise. Yes, my auto draft still sucked but had the free agent pool been deeper, I would have at least had a chance to do *something*

Anyways, I shouldn’t have brought it back up today, so please accept my humble apology. So I’m sorry.
lol I didn’t even remember I posted that. Honestly don’t know how you remembered lol.

But anyway, see my post above. My bad and to your point I don’t think anyone anticipated the full impact of the two FLEX spot. Sooooo yeah.
Idk how I remembered either, my memory retains odd things.

I get it, that's how I run my other league as well, this was an exercise in learning as we go.

Hug It Out Season 3 GIF by The Office

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Years ago I was in a league that dropped both Kickers and Defense. Not gonna lie, kinda liked it. Also had crazy bonus points for long TD receptions, runs or passes. It was a scoring explosion, kinda like Paul Westphal's Loyola Marymount basketball teams.
I did do a no kicker league last year which worked pretty well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds