Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Tony White plays USC for what will likely be a big raise from Nebraska (3 Viewers)

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Well, you're tired of "everyone's bitching" and how every thread is the "same."

Garrett created these board because tater ville became nothing but a bunch of lazy writers who didn't do their homework and the message board was spewed with over the top sunshine pumping and if you had the slightest bit of criticism you were attacked and ganged up on.

People here keep it real.

You're getting upset because people are giving their honest opinion with news. It's called an instant reaction. Sorry you don't approve of one's instant reaction.

I'm fully aware of why the board was created, but thanks for the History Lesson, Professor... Incessant sunshine pumping is no better than incessant over the top bitching about everything. Like I said, it's one thing to bitch in a thread or two, it's another to go into every single thread and bitch non-stop, and generally about shit you don't know anything about or that you assume will happen in the future.

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
I'm fully aware of why the board was created, but thanks for the History Lesson, Professor... Incessant sunshine pumping is no better than incessant over the top bitching about everything. Like I said, it's one thing to bitch in a thread or two, it's another to go into every single thread and bitch non-stop, and generally about shit you don't know anything about or that you assume will happen in the future.
You're welcome.

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Joining Welcome Home GIF

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Meh. Could go 3 years. 4 would really be pushing it.

That's also assuming we don't go backwards defensively. I don't think that's as guaranteed as some. I haven't caught up completely but our main 3 ILB's could be gone.
I actually think the stats for the NU defense are almost guaranteed to go down in 2024. There's no way that the shitty offenses of MN, WI, PU, ILL, NW, IA are all equally as bad again in 2024. It's literally not possible.

If White moves after 2024 his best hope is showing a 2 yr track record PLUS some high profile stops at the end of games on national TV. That might help to offset the worse defensive stats in 2024.

(Unfortunately if you watched NU on TV in 2023 you saw the D breakdown to give the opponent the win WAY too many times: MN, CO, MSU, MD, WI, IA. It'd be nice for White if you tuned in in 2024 and saw the defense making the stand at the end of the game, instead of breaking to give the other team the win)

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Can we just agree that most of this board is no better than a bunch of fucking 13 year old girls, overreacting to any little bit of news that comes out, regardless of whether it's been vetted or not? Jesus, it was one thing when it was the Gman and Herbie's of the board, but it's like a freaking virus of little bitchness is running rampant lately... What's next, Garret allowing pronouns in our profiles?
Fuck you.

stonesak

Wave goodbye now, it's time for you to go
I actually think the stats for the NU defense are almost guaranteed to go down in 2024. There's no way that the shitty offenses of MN, WI, PU, ILL, NW, IA are all equally as bad again in 2024. It's literally not possible.

If White moves after 2024 his best hope is showing a 2 yr track record PLUS some high profile stops at the end of games on national TV. That might help to offset the worse defensive stats in 2024.

(Unfortunately if you watched NU on TV in 2023 you saw the D breakdown to give the opponent the win in the following games: MN, CO, MSU, MD, WI, IA. It'd be nice for White if you tuned in in 2024 and saw the defense making the stand at the end of the game, instead of breaking to give the other team the win)
Hopefully facing better offenses is offset by our offense not giving them five extra possessions per game.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
The absolute silence from local media on Twitter about this topic.illustrates the fact that things are in motion and they are all just waiting on what to report. They aren't even posting their normal fluff tweets because they are busy working the phones. Whenever it gets this quiet then you know something is up. Most probably have both articles written.....He's staying and He's gone versions.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Hopefully facing better offenses is offset by our offense not giving them five extra possessions per game.
Yeah and I am by no means saying those losses were the defense's fault. I'm just saying if you were a rando CFB fan randomly flipping around the TV, you saw our defense give up the game winning plays in like 6 of our games.

It'd be awesome in 2024 if you tuned in to see us winning the game w a sack, forced fumble, pick 6, etc

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds