Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Tony White plays USC for what will likely be a big raise from Nebraska (4 Viewers)

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Because there is no real info.

USC reached out to White. White turned them down.

USC reporters are terrible and began to grasp at straws, stirring shit up.

White has been solidly N this entire time.

Nothing to report.
We've focused so much on how tatery our reporters are that we've completely lost sight of how tatery all other reporters are.

JerryBones5

Safety
Elite Member
Pick'Em Champion
Defcon 1 is the most severe or urgent, the highest level of readiness for nuclear war.
Defcon 5 is the lowest, bascially normal peacetime.
I’m aware of this lol might have more of a DEFCON 3 matter looking back

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
@HuskerGarrett what say you, King?
Sorry I’m clearly way behind on this thread and am only on page 6.

I think White used USC for a pay raise at Nebraska and that’s that. From what we knew, he hated that his kids had to live in another state when he was at Cuse because they aren’t vaxxed (not just against covid. Against anything). I doubt he wants to go to California and live apart from his kids again.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
I’m aware of this lol might have more of a DEFCON 3 matter looking back
You got it right. I posted because the other guy apparently thought it was the opposite. Quoted you just since you were the one he thought he was disagreeing with, but really you guys were trying to say the same thing.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Nebraska
Offense 115th 64 plays per game
Defense 60th 68.4 plays per game

Cockeye
Offense 128th 61.8 plays per game
Defense 91st 71.2 plays per game

Team Rankings
Good info there.

Defense is playing nearly 10 fewer plays in '23 vs '22. Offense is running approximately the same number of plays.

ToP is approximately 4mins greater than in '22 (equals a 45.07% -> 51.51% increase in ToP %)

Another big difference is the '23 squad averaged 1.5 turnovers/game which is basically 1.5 additional opponent possessions per game, compared to '22.

Defense Plays/game77.868.4
Offense Plays/game66.264
TOP27:0430:53
TOP%45.07%51.51%
Turnover Margin-0.2-1.4

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
Sorry I’m clearly way behind on this thread and am only on page 6.

I think White used USC for a pay raise at Nebraska and that’s that. From what we knew, he hated that his kids had to live in another state when he was at Cuse because they aren’t vaxxed (not just against covid. Against anything). I doubt he wants to go to California and live apart from his kids again.
We need to get Tony White into believing more crazy shit so he stays longer.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
tyler labine pooping GIF by HULU

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Smart move by White to stay at Nebraska. Lots of contributors from a solid 2023 defense coming back next year and his defense will be going against teams in the Big 10 conference so we will probably be top 15 again which will be another year of resume building for White. Then he can take a HC job in the south in a red state that has resources and will be easy to recruit. Plus he gets a nice pay raise and raise his family in wonderful Nebraska for at least another year.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds