Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

This doesn’t suck - Phillip Simpson (1 Viewer)

klrgumby

Linebacker
Doesn’t he have to be a full time coach to be able to recruit? Or maybe he’s filling one of those spots just until the new hire gets here?

There’s a 2 year waiting period currently for a school to recruit a kid from a high school if they hire one of their coaches to any role other than the 10 on field coaching staff. Since the kid is a 2025 that should line up since we are doing the 2023 class currently.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
There’s a 2 year waiting period currently for a school to recruit a kid from a high school if they hire one of their coaches to any role other than the 10 on field coaching staff. Since the kid is a 2025 that should line up since we are doing the 2023 class currently.

I know you’re just stating the rule and you’re 100% correct.

However, I could 100% see this being legally challenged at some point. Say I’m a student athlete that wants to go to Nebraska and has before my head coach gets hired to that school. Now that he’s there I can’t accept a scholarship there? That seems illegal in some fashion to forbid me from limiting my college choice.

CornHub

Offensive Lineman

However, I could 100% see this being legally challenged at some point. Say I’m a student athlete that wants to go to Nebraska and has before my head coach gets hired to that school. Now that he’s there I can’t accept a scholarship there? That seems illegal in some fashion to forbid me from limiting my college choice.
All it takes is for one rich kid to get mad about it these days.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Successful at Homesteading in Nebraska?

my-man-my-man-denzel.gif

253599-DF-362-C-48-EF-ABAF-812-EB89-B4-BE0.jpg

64-E60-A6-C-C5-EE-44-A8-AB9-E-A96-F6-FA57-F0-F.jpg

F744039-A-521-F-4-AA5-A689-6-FB7-A68-F6-ECD.jpg

klrgumby

Linebacker

According to my 5 minute deep dive google search earlier into this rule I found the NCAA was going to re-examine the rule in 2020 but didn’t due to Covid. It was to be a subject item in July of 2021 and was in the minutes as a topic but then literally nothing after that. It’s like it never happened and just went on with it as is.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
According to my 5 minute deep dive google search earlier into this rule I found the NCAA was going to re-examine the rule in 2020 but didn’t due to Covid. It was to be a subject item in July of 2021 and was in the minutes as a topic but then literally nothing after that. It’s like it never happened and just went on with it as is.
Seems dumb. Analyst roles seem like a great way for hs coaches to move up so idk why you'd penalize the ones who have talented players from job opportunities. Wazzu hired Cam Ward's coach from incarnate word and he followed and that doesn't seem different.

Obviously it's the NCAA so it's all dumb

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds