Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

The RSS discussion of Raiola's stylistic differences from Austin is infuriating (1 Viewer)

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Bipolar Bo stories are the best. This is obviously a tangent but he was truly a classic character in college football. He burned out too fast and hot to become an all-time-great character, but the fact that he regularly cycled back and forth between lovable rascal/loyal family man/absolutely unhinged psycho makes the stories all the better. If he was ONLY dark and evil the stories wouldn't be as entertaining. But he was just genuinely nuts. Someday Dirk should write a tell-all book.
One of my favorites, courtesy of Nate Clouse in a Chat awhile back: A local car dealership loaned a car to NU during a recruiting weekend, a lowly NU minion took the car out on the town and then lied about it, the car dealer took issue with this, Bo told him to go fuck himself and left the car on the side of the road on 13th and D with the keys inside and the doors open.

A book full of stories like this would be comedy gold.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
I was at a football Clinic in Columbus, OH last week and snuck away from my booth to get in a few offensive speakers because I just find it fascinating. Sit through one of those if you get the chance and want to see just how stupid @JThomasOmaha and the general fan is when it comes to technique and scheme.
I feel like most football fans drastically overestimate their understanding of the game.

Chi7397

Cornerback
Elite Member
Oh 100%, I don’t expect myself or any fans to know the ins and outs of technique. But I just want Deab to acknowledge that and don’t own a site and feed us a line of bullshit that everything will be fixed and it will be unicorns and rainbows because our coach is going to fix things by telling guys to “Be more aggressive”.

It’s also the classic RSS-tater move to pretend to know the schemes and that ours are broken because of poor results, even though there’s enough access to resources out there than a low-division high school coach won’t be running a broken scheme, let alone a coach that’s had his film combed through and picked apart before even sniffing an interview at a D1 program.

This “attacking style” line has been used a bunch in the past too - I’m virtually certain that Bo’s staff was going to replace Callahan’s paddy cake style, that Austin was going to do the same for Cav, and now apparently Raiola is going to for Austin.

It’s amazing more OLine coaches don’t coach aggressiveness when it apparently solves all issues.

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
This “attacking style” line has been used a bunch in the past too - I’m virtually certain that Bo’s staff was going to replace Callahan’s paddy cake style, that Austin was going to do the same for Cav, and now apparently Raiola is going to for Austin.

It’s amazing more OLine coaches don’t coach aggressiveness when it apparently solves all issues.

Right up there with “teaching the DBs to look back for the ball”

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
giphy.gif
SUPERB!!!

betsch

Safety
That's why I try to just fish for funny stories or info about past drama when I ask a question haha
That's about the only thing interesting anymore. You only have to wait a decade to get anything good they are willing to share though :rolleyes:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds