Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

The Michigan spy (4 Viewers)

Ghost of Devaney

Linebacker
Elite Member
So Petito allegedly went after Michigan pretty hard at their last meeting and today was Michigans day to respond. They didn‘t deny it but instead responded with: you don’t have authority, it isn’t fair to levy a ruling until the NCAA is done with the investigation, Ohio state and others cheated and we have proof, and we are going to fight hard against any punishment levied.

This guy summed it up perfectly:

nscottie

Running Back
Elite Member
So Petito allegedly went after Michigan pretty hard at their last meeting and today was Michigans day to respond. They didn‘t deny it but instead responded with: you don’t have authority, it isn’t fair to levy a ruling until the NCAA is done with the investigation, Ohio state and others cheated and we have proof, and we are going to fight hard against any punishment levied.

This made me laugh.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG

Supposedly the BIG makes their decision public today.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
I've also heard several times..."Well, you can't punish the players...it's not their fault." You're telling me those kids didn't know, and most importantly...benefited from it. How much better do they look to pro scouts? Oh yeah, Aiden Hutchinson, how'd you read that screen so well vs. Nebraska...it was like you knew it was coming, you didn't even rush the passer...just waited...must study a lot of film..

straightoutta308

This Gen sucks.
Elite Member
I've also heard several times..."Well, you can't punish the players...it's not their fault." You're telling me those kids didn't know, and most importantly...benefited from it. How much better do they look to pro scouts? Oh yeah, Aiden Hutchinson, how'd you read that screen so well vs. Nebraska...it was like you knew it was coming, you didn't even rush the passer...just waited...must study a lot of film..
This argument blows, I hate it too. You can’t punish the Michigan players but you can directly screw the 500+ players they played against this year? F that. If it had come out after the season, whatever, but there’s a chance to do it right in real time with this situation.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
It’s all about the playoff money. You should know this. If Michigan had a loss or two right now, they would come down harder than they will.
If they go soft on Michigan, even though they ironically didn't allow due process of Stallions and fired him, then there's no reason to follow any of the rules. Michigan got caught, coaches and players benefited alike, and Harbaugh and the Michigan compliance department should be punished for losing institutional control.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don't know why the Big Ten is doing anything right now. They need to investigate along with the NCAA even though they know there's a reasonably high chance that they'll have to vacate anything Michigan does this year.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
If they go soft on Michigan, even though they ironically didn't allow due process of Stallions and fired him, then there's no reason to follow any of the rules. Michigan got caught, coaches and players benefited alike, and Harbaugh and the Michigan compliance department should be punished for losing institutional control.
Has there even been any real reason to follow the rules? The NCAA rarely ever comes down hard either.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds