Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

The Big Red Collaborative (2 Viewers)

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
How's Dean taking the news?

aoSvGVP4pSR0AjFElFRMNWnrJKnVL8.gif

David Webb

JCTJB
Elite Member

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Am I the only one who doesn't quite understand how they are working with non-profits to pay kids money? The non-profit piece is confusing.
I was thinking about this too. There's no possible way this would make sense. Or if it does it won't for much longer.

IIRC these are being set up as 501c3's.... which means any contributions you make are tax deductible. So you could donate $10,000 to this collective and deduct that from your annual income. And in turn the collective is just handing it out to players essentially for doing nothing. But their money is income? I guess they are employees of the collective? Or paid out as 1099?

Just seems too good to be true.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Am I the only one who doesn't quite understand how they are working with non-profits to pay kids money? The non-profit piece is confusing.

HOW WILL PAYMENTS BE MADE TO THE PLAYERS?​

We expect Husker student-athletes will have many options in how to support the charity of their choice and, through the Big Red Collaborative, will agree to perform a certain amount of promotional work in order to receive compensation. Promotional work could include appearances, social media posts, autograph signings, camps, clinics, etc.

Big Red Collaborative utilizes Opendorse, the leading operating software provider for collectives. This software allows student-athletes to provide compliance reporting to the University of Nebraska and the NCAA (if requested) as well as serves as the way to distribute funds to student-athletes after they have completed their NIL obligation.

jaihawk

Running Back
Elite Member
Interesting... This was posted on Reddit...

ABM was run by Gerrod Lambrecht and some other Frost buddies, and all NIL stuff was funneled through that company. They treated a lot of players like shit, withholding money, outright lying to them during recruitment, and generally doing a poor job of keeping players happy.
What u/AbsurdOwl said was spot on. I would also add, that Frost pushed ABM on the football team hard and covered for their ineptitude ever since. Mickey got in knock down drag out fights with ABM. They almost lost multiple big transfers by fucking up their NIL deals, Marcus Washington was a big one. Washington was promised a bunch of money, got to campus and didnt get anything for weeks. Casey Thompson didn't see a dime until right before the spring game. The list of pure incompetency go on and on. There have been allegations of ABM skimming off the top but I don't know if I'd take it that far. Lambrecht is just a moron with no experience in sports marketing and kind of a lazy piece of shit on top of that. This is the reason Frost was forced to fire him immediately after Turd was hired. Turd didn't want him working for the football staff.

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
D
Interesting... This was posted on Reddit...

ABM was run by Gerrod Lambrecht and some other Frost buddies, and all NIL stuff was funneled through that company. They treated a lot of players like shit, withholding money, outright lying to them during recruitment, and generally doing a poor job of keeping players happy.
What u/AbsurdOwl said was spot on. I would also add, that Frost pushed ABM on the football team hard and covered for their ineptitude ever since. Mickey got in knock down drag out fights with ABM. They almost lost multiple big transfers by fucking up their NIL deals, Marcus Washington was a big one. Washington was promised a bunch of money, got to campus and didnt get anything for weeks. Casey Thompson didn't see a dime until right before the spring game. The list of pure incompetency go on and on. There have been allegations of ABM skimming off the top but I don't know if I'd take it that far. Lambrecht is just a moron with no experience in sports marketing and kind of a lazy piece of shit on top of that. This is the reason Frost was forced to fire him immediately after Turd was hired. Turd didn't want him working for the football staff.
Dean claimed today that ABM had $3 million in the bank and that there is still a place for both

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds