Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

The Big Red Collaborative (1 Viewer)

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Interesting... This was posted on Reddit...

ABM was run by Gerrod Lambrecht and some other Frost buddies, and all NIL stuff was funneled through that company. They treated a lot of players like shit, withholding money, outright lying to them during recruitment, and generally doing a poor job of keeping players happy.
What u/AbsurdOwl said was spot on. I would also add, that Frost pushed ABM on the football team hard and covered for their ineptitude ever since. Mickey got in knock down drag out fights with ABM. They almost lost multiple big transfers by fucking up their NIL deals, Marcus Washington was a big one. Washington was promised a bunch of money, got to campus and didnt get anything for weeks. Casey Thompson didn't see a dime until right before the spring game. The list of pure incompetency go on and on. There have been allegations of ABM skimming off the top but I don't know if I'd take it that far. Lambrecht is just a moron with no experience in sports marketing and kind of a lazy piece of shit on top of that. This is the reason Frost was forced to fire him immediately after Turd was hired. Turd didn't want him working for the football staff.
I've been bringing this up for over a year, even fought with Dean over it. Gerrod is a moron, shady and had Frost spoon feeding him business. Screwed over players. Hoiberg saw this and got the players away from using ABM so he didn't run into any more problems with unhappy players. Isn't John Bruning the money behind ABM? More nepotism? More boosters and friends of the program pocketing coin while hurting the university. Dean should be ashamed that he pushed ABM so hard, when he had to have known it was such a shady business.

Thank Gawd Turd has the stones and intelligence to fight the TC on the harm they are doing to our once proud program. He's seen what a cess pool that the TC has turned our athletic department into.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Dean is such a fucking idiot. The pompous ass thinks he knows things, but he's full of shit 98% of the time.
Well, if @JThomasOmaha didn't have a conflict of interest by having ABM sponsor his BS, I would respect him a little more.

Everyone knows ABM is shady with Gerrod at the helm. The fact that Dean and crew are pushing them up is pretty suspect.

Johannes de Silentio

Safety
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
He claims he wasn't/isn't. He could be full of shit or he could have just been so excited to be part of the friend group. Even if it was a very small surface part.
He's always very careful with how he frames the answers to those accusations. I think it's perfectly plausible, for instance, that ABM is not making direct cash payments to HuskerOnline, LLC (or whatever the entity name actually is) in order to run ABM content. Moreover, I also think it's plausible that Callahan or HuskerOnline, LLC have no equity or other concrete financial stake in ABM.

However, none of this is necessary for Callahan to have every incentive in the world to pump up ABM, run as much content as he possibly can, etc. There are two reasons for this. First, because ABM was pushed on every football player of any note by Frost due to his relationship with Lambrecht, it ensures Callahan has exclusive or primary access to interviews and other content with football players that a large portion of the fanbase desires. It's good for his business to have such access, because it builds up his YouTube channel and can drive subscriptions to HuskerOnline.

Second, we always talk about how the local media refrains from bashing North Stadium in order to avoid losing access. Think of this relationship as the converse of that, namely, Callahan is buttering up the key power players in North Stadium to ensure he gets even better access. Moreover, because he's frequently being exposed to players for these interviews, there is more likelihood that he can get something off the record either while the mics are off or someone contacting him down the road.

So ABM doesn't have to pay Callahan a dime for him to have every incentive to go out and shovel their horseshit to all the mouthbreathers.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
He's always very careful with how he frames the answers to those accusations. I think it's perfectly plausible, for instance, that ABM is not making direct cash payments to HuskerOnline, LLC (or whatever the entity name actually is) in order to run ABM content. Moreover, I also think it's plausible that Callahan or HuskerOnline, LLC have no equity or other concrete financial stake in ABM.

However, none of this is necessary for Callahan to have every incentive in the world to pump up ABM, run as much content as he possibly can, etc. There are two reasons for this. First, because ABM was pushed on every football player of any note by Frost due to his relationship with Lambrecht, it ensures Callahan has exclusive or primary access to interviews and other content with football players that a large portion of the fanbase desires. It's good for his business to have such access, because it builds up his YouTube channel and can drive subscriptions to HuskerOnline.

Second, we always talk about how the local media refrains from bashing North Stadium in order to avoid losing access. Think of this relationship as the converse of that, namely, Callahan is buttering up the key power players in North Stadium to ensure he gets even better access. Moreover, because he's frequently being exposed to players for these interviews, there is more likelihood that he can get something off the record either while the mics are off or someone contacting him down the road.

So ABM doesn't have to pay Callahan a dime for him to have every incentive to go out and shovel their horseshit to all the mouthbreathers.
And yet Dean's info still sucks.

Probably because of this conundrum. Kiss ass and you get more info but you can't share anything negative. 80% of the info being negative means you can only share 20% of the info.

Johannes de Silentio

Safety
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
And yet Dean's info still sucks.

Probably because of this conundrum. Kiss ass and you get more info but you can't share anything negative. 80% of the info being negative means you can only share 20% of the info.
You're right about this. It does give him the now heavily-parodied "I've known this all along, but I couldn't share it then..." option. I suppose you could just lie about that entirely, but I suspect he does know most of the stuff he claims to sit on until it's not even useful anymore.

You know what else you're right about? The fact that he is almost certainly the kind of guy who takes great personal satisfaction in being included with the "cool guys" at North Stadium. I say this without too much disdain, because when your local media corps is made up almost exclusively out of fans who then became journalists, it's not too surprising that some of them would have this trait.

betsch

Safety
You're right about this. It does give him the now heavily-parodied "I've known this all along, but I couldn't share it then..." option. I suppose you could just lie about that entirely, but I suspect he does know most of the stuff he claims to sit on until it's not even useful anymore.

You know what else you're right about? The fact that he is almost certainly the kind of guy who takes great personal satisfaction in being included with the "cool guys" at North Stadium. I say this without too much disdain, because when your local media corps is made up almost exclusively out of fans who then became journalists, it's not too surprising that some of them would have this trait.
Well the good news is, in 10 years when he is willing to spill the beans, he may have some good stories to tell. Just sit and wait.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds