Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Tater island Jan 1st to Jan 31st (1 Viewer)

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
The absolute worst month to get your workout in. Over weight dads and Starbucks drinking soccer moms flood the gym and ruin your workout. Time is coming boys, get your lifts in!

Bbc Comedy Falling GIF by Mischief

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
My buddy owns a gym here in town and we looked at the check in numbers for their FOB machine once. It's quite funny how fast they fall off the cliff after the first few weeks.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Home gym is where it’s at. Expensive to start but man I don’t miss going to the gym.

Agreed. I went many years working out at home until I integrated swimming into my exercise. So the pool is a necessary (but soothing) evil.

My wife and I squabbled a few minutes ago because she hates going to swim when school isn't in session. It think it's more about being -5 degrees myself. Ha ha.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Home gym is where it’s at. Expensive to start but man I don’t miss going to the gym.

I agree. Have had a full home gym since at least 2010. Pretty much everthing one would need.

That being said, I have had 5 surgeries the last 2.5 years, and have barely used it in that time. All I can do to actually physically work all day with misc arm/shoulder surgeries. Am a contractor so when I get home all those surgically repaired areas are beyond shot/tired. I am making excuses, but these are pretty valid.

I am a late-night workout guy anyway. Often start at 10 or 11 pm to workout. We only have one gym in the town I live now, the big one closed several months ago, closed overnight with not a single forewarning to any of the paying customers (I had not been a member there for a long time having my own gym). And that gym stopped being open 24 hrs a day when Covid hit. So for a late night workouts, my home gym is where it is at. And the only option anyway, at this point.

Before I moved from Lincoln over 20 years ago now, I used to have a membership a Sports Courts. Loved going there late at night. Get a workout in, then go shoot hoops on the basketball courts, rarely anyone else around. No place like that at all where I live in MT. Hell, there is not even a place to play basketball at all in the whole town. No BBall courts, no leagues, nothing. But they do have more bars per capita than pretty much any other town in the country. What a trashy fucking worthless town.

doublewing

Running Back
I go to the gym at 5am. Only dedicated people are there at that time. It isn't social hour where people go there to hang out and occupy stations.

Not a home gym guy. I would be if I didn't have a nice gym close to me but this is the absolute golden age of going to the gym. It used to be where you go to the gym and it's 90% dudes with a few girls on the cardio machines or in the class. My gym is more females than dudes and they are all in lululemon tights doing glute exercises. They are all aspiring instagram fitness models and they make the gym awesome.

Tyneb23

Titty Master
tPB OG
I go to the gym at 5am. Only dedicated people are there at that time. It isn't social hour where people go there to hang out and occupy stations.

Not a home gym guy. I would be if I didn't have a nice gym close to me but this is the absolute golden age of going to the gym. It used to be where you go to the gym and it's 90% dudes with a few girls on the cardio machines or in the class. My gym is more females than dudes and they are all in lululemon tights doing glute exercises. They are all aspiring instagram fitness models and they make the gym awesome.
This is correct, im at gym at 5am every morning. Only the serous people in there and it's fantastic.

Tyneb23

Titty Master
tPB OG
Get those lifts in guys, taters start next week

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
I work at Offutt AFB and the amount of people in the gym come 1 Jan is amazing. There are a lot of people anyway b/c military...gotta work out. Well most anyway, I've seen some fat ass military boys and girls, but it is the same as the big box gym. Floods of peeps then after about a month....back to the regular crowd.

This is the Offutt Field House or gym. Yes...it's an old hangar...yes there are workout things throughout the entire length of the building. It's actually pretty amazing

Offutt Field House.jpg

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I work at Offutt AFB and the amount of people in the gym come 1 Jan is amazing. There are a lot of people anyway b/c military...gotta work out. Well most anyway, I've seen some fat ass military boys and girls, but it is the same as the big box gym. Floods of peeps then after about a month....back to the regular crowd.

This is the Offutt Field House or gym. Yes...it's an old hangar...yes there are workout things throughout the entire length of the building. It's actually pretty amazing

View attachment 18655
Is there still soccer fields in there?

My brother use to play there a while back.

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
Is there still soccer fields in there?

My brother use to play there a while back.
1 soccer field in the back
3 full size BBall courts that can be split to make 6 for kids tourneys. 2 regulation tennis courts, cross-fit area, nets for golf, track, 4 raquetball courts, olympic size swimming pool, hot yoga rooms, sauna, and more free weights and machines than you can shake a stick at. They are always updating to match trends so our military folks have no excuse to be fat blobs...but alas, some of them are

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
This is correct, im at gym at 5am every morning. Only the serous people in there and it's fantastic.
Yeah I don't expect much to change for me personally. Into the Y at 5 most mornings and out before it gets busy

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider

This is me as well most days. If I go roll Jiujitsu in the mornings it’s 6:30 instead. But I never have an issue early in the mornings. It’s always when I get busy and scramble between 4pm and 6:30 that the gym sucks.

Milo-of-Croton

Cornerback
Elite Member
January made me think of a text I got from a friend in Yutan about Tony Crapelli day. Supposedly he is kin to the Crapelli crime family in Omaha, mayor of Yutan and people love him for reducing petty crime. Is this true or is my friend still a lying dog?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds